Feedback and tips? Outdooroasis.net

William1999
3 0 0

So I have been open since the 20th of December I've surpassed 400+ sessions and not a single sale. I got bored lastnight and did a 100% redesign of the whole page. Outdooroasis.net Thank you Will

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
997 134 323

Hey @William1999,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). 

I've taken a look through your website and I have a few suggestions.

When you design a website - choose the fonts, colors, photos and etc., you need to put person preference aside and instead design around what would appeal to your target audience. Your current colors are very hard on the eyes - the bright red against the black, the bright red against the green. It would be better in this case to go with the default colors of the theme (white background/black text). If you want to add a pop of color, you can do so by changing the button, navigation and link colors.

screencapture-outdooroasis-net-2021-01-28-10_04_33.png
Your store organization needs some attention. Clothing should be it's own separate link (it's currently under Accessories). You also have some items mixed in places that they shouldn't be - the glasses under the fishing tab for example.

screencapture-outdooroasis-net-collections-fishing-2021-01-28-10_09_32.png

You offer free shipping which is great, but there is no indication of how long it will take to receive the products. This is going to cost you conversions for sure. I would add a shipping policy and also display an estimated time of delivery at the checkout.

As for your products, there are already large, well-known companies offering these same types of products. When a person is searching for say a Browning hat in Google, these big companies are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. What I would suggest is adding some winning products to your store to draw in customers. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

My final recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 213 660

Hello @William1999, I hope you are doing good. Here is the feedback on your store that you can take into consideration:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Blogs section- Newsletter sign up box.

- Add social media links in the footer.

- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

- Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes