Feedback appreciated - Ecomm + Restaurant

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you for your feedback!  Our site serves two purposes.

1. Serve as the homepage for our physical restaurant (e.g., location, menu, booking information)
  2. Sell our loose leaf tea to domestic and international consumers, who may or may not have visited our physical location. 

We are looking for the right mix of messaging both objectives, but trying to focus on e-commerce sales, particularly for people who have not dined in our physical location.

Our website is www.cupantae.eu (Irish for "Cup of Tea")

Thanks!

Cupán Tae

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
119 19 33

Hi @CupanTae

I really think it's pretty spot on, you've done a great job with the whole setup!

A few thoughts (in random order):

1. Your hero image is beautiful, but a find the copy a bit lacking. Try something more emotional that matches the image's tone.
  2. Your DREAMY CREAMY GALWAY TEA is your no.1 best seller, but I wouldn't know, lest I read the description. Consider adding a badge (something consistent with your brand) that says so, in order to drive customers to the product.
  3. I'm not 100% sold on the products' featured images. Don't get me wrong, they are great photos and look really good in the collections page, but—to me—the photos with the tea in the actual cup (cue your brand name) look way more appetizing. You can try testing your results by switching between the first and second image for a given period of time, to see what works best for your audience. 
  4. I'd love to see images from your Instagram feed, which is very lively; the beautiful imagery will definitely help.
  5. It's always a good strategy to provoke a more emotional response when you're a location that actually sells the products they're serving. The reason that someone should buy your products is not only because they taste great, but also because they might not be able to visit your location (or because they have, but want that experience to follow them home). Try to convey that experience through your copy and images in your product pages and throughout your website: how do you serve it on location, what do you usually combine it with, which of your delicacies does it go great with, etc. 
  6. Images with people help; a lot! The internet is a impersonal medium, a smiling face can go a long way. There are some very nice images with people preparing food and beverages at your gallery and Instagram page, try using them throughout. You have the advantage of being a single location with a lot of character. Run with that, it's your greatest selling point.  
  7. If you have any travel badges available (eg. Tripadvisor, or similar), you could add them to your footer. People tend to look for cues that will help them trust a brand.

Again, I think you've nailed all the important stuff, so you have all the time you need for smaller details and refining.

Wishing you all the best with your business!

Panos Voulgaris
Creative director / Partner @ MALVI
Founder @ function( )
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @CupanTae, After checking upon your site https://www.cupantae.eu/ There are a few things I would like to mention in order to improve your store.

1. On the top bar, the announcement of "FREE GLOBAL SHIPPING WITH €45 PURCHASE!" is too small and hard to notice ==> Make the text in bigger size with Bold option if possible.

2. On each collection picture under the "All collections tab", the white text that present the name of each collection are hard to notice due to the size the the background color are mostly bright color. ==> Change the color of the white text to a more noticeable color which make it easy for your customer to spot. The "view product" button with the white background of it's own.

3. You can add a "back to top arrow" button on the main site so when people scroll down they can easily go backup to find what they like ==> the same thing can apply to the product page of each collection.

4. Try to add some beautiful picture of the place where the tea was made in each product page and the main site to gain trust and curiosity from customers (make them wonder what will the tea from this regional location will taste like).

5. A promotion video of the brand on the main site will also increase the chance of conversion on your store (video about how the tea was growth and process to become the final product).

6. Adding trusted badges of famouse firm like Paypal or Visa is also a good way to look professional and gain more trust from your potential customers. I hope this will help you to start increasing sale. Let me know if it works ok.

Best Regard!

Victor

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you both!  These are all great suggestions that I will test this week!

Welcoming any other feedback.  Thanks and regards.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
274 28 94

Hi @CupanTae

Just take a look at your store and actually, this is a beautiful site. But I still have some comments for you: 

- This part is showing many beautiful beautiful product photos, I think it would be great if you can allow your customers to see more product details faster by Quickview buttons. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1600655377726.png

- I think you can try to make the "Book Online for Afternoon tea" button look more amazing.  

ConveyLego0612_1-1600655617194.png

- It would be great if those sections showing your service below can have the photos in the same size. Besides that, everything is great. 

- Show the names of those reviews? 

ConveyLego0612_2-1600655811979.png

- I see you're having an amazing Instagram account. So why don't try to connect your Shopify store to your Instagram? By connecting two platforms, you can have an Instagram gallery. 

Check it out: Shoppable Instagram Gallery. With this app, you can tag your products on Instagram photos that are synced to Shopify. Also, it's free and very user-friendly. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
338 14 72

Hi @CupanTae welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going good during this CoVid crisis. I checked your website and it looks neat!

I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks:

1. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Use alerts / push-notifications to increase sales. Studies have found that these alerts can boost your  app open-rates by 25% and app retention by 92%. A simple alert for updates and sales can benefit sales a lot. Make sure though, that they're not spammed when 3-4 alerts in website.

3. Your product page is where shoppers can learn more about a product and understand whether it is worth purchasing. By optimizing your product page and adding elements that increase its appeal, you can increase conversions and maximize your sales. 

A guide, to complete rundown of how to set up Shopify product pages and what elements you need to set up a high-converting product page.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes