Hi, Thanks for taking a look.
I'm getting a few hundred hits a day on my website (www.themodernhomeshop.com), sales started off OK but now they seem to have totally dropped off. I'm spending a fair bit on google shopping ads after initially having success with them (more so than facebook or pinterest), but it is no longer paying for itself.
Can you see or think of any reason why customers aren't buying? Any suggestions on how I might increase my conversion rate would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
I like the overall design of the site, I do notice a few areas of the site that could benefit from changes to help you improve conversion. The very first thing I notice about the site is that there's a general lack of social proof - the site lacks an 'About' page, product reviews are scarce, and I just don't notice customer testimonials displayed. This is a good way to establish trust with potential customers.
You might also take a look at apps like Klaviyo which can be used to implement a smooth automated email marketing campaign (and they cite big improvements to sales and conversions): https://speedboostr.com/automated-email-marketing-with-klaviyo/
I see that you're using Spin To Win by Secomapp however you might also try adding an email signup with a guaranteed incentive, such as your standard entry-level discount. Incentivized sign-ups + automated email retargeting is a guaranteed way to boost sales on autopilot.
Your site is also missing a blog which can be a powerful and effective marketing tool. Good blog content can also have a big impact on sales, you can check out our recent post on developing a good blog strategy here: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-blog-strategy/
We also offer a guide for improving conversions here: https://speedboostr.com/conversion-rate-optimization-guide/
For Shopping I recommend setting up a multi campaign using priorities to target specific search terms. It's very easy to setup a campaign and just bid for everything equally.
When you setup a multi campaign you can target generic in one campaign, relevant in another, and place all buying search terms at the last campaign.
This allows you to 1 control what search terms go where, how much you bid based on campaign.
This does involve a lot of work and maintenance, but after 6 months you will enjoy this kind of setup as it is highly fine tuned.
Hi @RDeano !
Welcome to Shopify and congrats on your store!
1. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
2. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
3. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
4. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
5. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.
6. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.
One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.
If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.
That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hi @RDeano ,
Congratulations on your store and welcome to Shopify
I liked your store and I think it very well maintained. Though, you have been seeing a dip in your sales, so there are few things that I observed and you might want to try:
1. More Customer Review: I see that you have some customer feedback added on the homepage but it will create more trust and attract your buyers more, if there are specific reviews added on the product page.
2. You can add some blogs to your site about the product categories on your site and how can it help your customers.
3. You can also try some product labels on the product images. would recommend you to have a look at product labels and stickers from ModeMagic, that will help you attract more customers by communicating to them your messages such as sale,discounts,customer favorites,coming soon etc. on product images itself.
Here is a relevant blog that might help: https://getmodemagic.com/create-shopify-homepage-increase-conversion-rates/
Hope it helps!!
I agree with the other posters here to fix some of those issues. But right now we can only point out things we see. One way to improve is by building more trust. Make sure you have a post-purchase process implemented where you ask customers to leave reviews, since I see than not many products do have reviews. Another improvement I noticed is to make the naviagtion in the header a bit simpler. You can try adding all the different product categories into a single Product drop down menu. This will make it more intuitive and simple to search for a specific item.
However, there's a lot of the process we can't see.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.