I rushed this website when Covid happened to ensure business could continue.
Now we are doing a full new brand and will redo the website as well.
The initial theme I purchased was around $60 from envato. It did the job but is a pain in the butt to manage. I've purchased Turbo from Out of the Sandbox now so I'm looking for feedback on the active site that I might be able to incorporate on the new site.
Hi @ShurlyHeather !
Your google page speed score is only 43 and mobile speed 23. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.
Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hello @ShurlyHeather, I hope you are doing good! Your store looks good & professional. Some improvements that you need to work on are:
- Display collection list on the homepage, then recommend products like trending now, new, bestsellers, recently viewed.
- Add reviews on the product page. It helps in building trust with other visitors.
- Add an affiliate marketing program to increase your influencers and it will help to increase sellers.
- Start giving loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
- Welcome customers with welcome & discount popup.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
I think your website looks great! First impressions are excellent, it looks professional, trustworthy and well organized.
I would leave it as but I get that if it's a pain to manage you may need to to make your life easier.
Anyhow, that aside, I would recommend spending some time on your SEO. You have everything titled really well for someone who is on your site already, but for those people who are looking for your type of products in Google, you are missing some essential keywords. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google, so for example they might type "raw dog food" whereas for your products, you have "Chicken & Lamb Blend" which is great, but the words "raw dog food" should also be in the SEO somewhere. We walk you through everything in this video and speak about it more in depth:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!
Best of luck!
PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:
They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.
Hi @ShurlyHeather ,
My name is Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder. I have spent time to look at your store and leave some constructive comments.
I really appreciate that the store is clear enough for customer to understand and scan through. You also have Live Chat feature on your site to provide customers instant help, that's amazing. However, I believe things I mention bellow will help you to positively affect your sale volume. Hope that will give you some useful ideas.
1. You should make product categories the first level of the Main Navigation rather than putting them all on a catalog named "Shop". Showing categories on Main Navigation will allow your customers find products that fit their needs more effectively, instead of letting them go through many touch points before reaching the products they want.
2. Logo is too small, Live chat present in very hard-to-see corner and it's also small anyway.
3. Show Product reviews on your product page. Add compare prices.
4. You can consider to show some more element on your Homepage:
- Featured products: It will increase sales for discount products - most view - most purchased products.
- Video: Product video, testimonials, tutorial videos, etc.
- Blog pages: Share tips, information about products, ... and get higher SEO ranking.
I hope these recommendations will help. The last thing, I recommend you to check out more latest tips to boost sales in this guide.
If you find it difficult to make changes to your storefront, you may want to take a look at PageFly - this app helps you to build up store with no coding skill required, free subscription plan and 24/7 support.
If you find my suggestion helpful to you, please hit Like.
Thank you. Have a nice day then!
Thank you so much for such great detailed feedback! I will definitely be implementing much of what you suggested.
Question about the first note - product categories on the main nav. Do you mean having each Category showing on the main top navigation bar? And having a secondary navigation for the other stuff? Or combining About/FAQ/Reviews etc to allow the real estate to go to the categories?
Thank you so soo so much for your assistance!