Feedback for My Pet Hero store please

Solved
MyPetHero
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi everybody, 

I hope you are well!

I am looking for some feedback for my store www.mypethero.co.uk please. My Pet Hero is a mission-oriented pet brand that donates 10% of its sales to the WWF to help save wildlife. 

I initially launched the store selling dog treats, which I still sell now, but after £100 on FB ads I got no sales at all. I thought maybe dog treats isn't the right niche so I recently added lots of dog apparel items to test if this would sell better. After another £20 on FB ads, I got zero sales again, even with Black Friday discounts of 25%.

Could someone please take a look at my website and tell me what could be wrong? I'm also doing this business for a good cause so it breaks my heart that it's not working.

Thank you very much in advance!

Lucio.

0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Pathfinder
124 11 50

Hello @MyPetHero 

Congratulations on your store, especially for the noble cause it is committed to. 

Here are some feedbacks you can look into: 

a) the store theme is too bright and not at all soothing to the eyes. If the customers are going to spend a lot of time on your webpage, it must be comfortable to look at. 

b) Your banner is a very good idea, especially that it showcases your cause. A good idea is to put a Shop Now button on the banner, which directs the user to your product page. 

c) Consider placing sticky tabs, that stay on the top, even if you scroll down. makes it easier to navigate the page. 

d) you are using a lot of space on the homepage to explain the cause you are devoted to. Since you already have that covered under charities section, consider moving the collection list up, to attract user attention to your products instantly. 

e) I like how you have many images of the same product from different angles. Really helps users understand the product. However, try to place the preview on the home page, so that when I place my cursor on the image, these pictures start showing. 

f) You can add your new collections on a separate tab, or even the sale offers as a sticky heading, to keep it in mind of the users who visit. 

g) Try using a popup for the newsletter, because it is too low on the homepage to be noticed. Add a one click sign up button (Click to Sign up using Gmail), so that it is easier to sign in, and one doesn't need to enter the entire email address.

h) Finally, love your chatbot. Good job done there. 

That's all from me! Hope you have found what you were looking for. Don't forget to reach out in case of queries!

Thank you and Best of Luck!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz

Hey @MyPetHero,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

There are few things design wise that you can adjust to make that first impression a great one. I'd recommend swapping out the green for a different color, it's quite hard on the eyes. 

pethero-home.png

I'd also recommend getting a logo done up. We are giving away a custom logo and matching favicon as a part of our giveaway so feel free to enter in here: https://mailchi.mp/acb30a274f6f/free-christmas-graphics. Alternatively, you can get them made quite inexpensively at Fiverr. These changes will make your website look more professional and add instill confidence in visitors that this is a trustworthy site.

Next, let's talk about your products. I want you to succeed so here is my honest feedback.. products like dog treats, collars, leads and costumes are all very common, it's something you can walk into any big box store and purchase or order online through them or through Amazon. When a person searches for the type of products you sell, these big box stores with massive marketing budgets are who you are competing with in search results. When picking winning products, you typically want something that is unique, trending and/or is not easily accessible. 

I have much more to say on the topic, I cover everything in this video so please give it a watch:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Dropshipping with no sales? Learn how to find WINNING products!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2370 140 426

Hello @MyPetHero, I hope you are doing good! Here are some suggestions:

- Add reviews on the product page. Reviews are important as it helps to build trust with other visitors.

The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers.

For getting more sales and revenue you need to focus more on customer engagement. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like visiting your store, signing up, follow or share on social media, allowing for push notifications, reviews, and many more. This will entice your customers and help you to get more email subscribers, push subscribers, collect more reviews. They will come again to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points which will double the sales and retention. You should start using the customer timeline feature to track customer journey right from the sign up till each and every activity like when the customer has last visited your store, Email opened, push received, products purchased, etc. This will help you to take action by knowing their behavior accordingly. You can add web push notifications, it will help in retargeting your customers. 

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Growave
Shopify Partner
850 21 244

Hi @MyPetHero !

Your google page speed score is only 52 and mobile speed 11. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website. 

Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @MyPetHero

My name is Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder. I have spent time to look at your store and leave some constructive comments. 

I really appreciate that the store's theme is clear enough for customer to understand. However, I believe things I mention bellow will help you to positively affect your sale volume. Hope that will give you some useful ideas.

1. You should make product categories the first level of the Main Navigation rather than putting them all on a catalog named Shop . Showing categories on Main Navigation will allow your customers find products that fit their needs more effectively, instead of letting them go through many touch points before reaching the products they want.

1.png

2. I really appriciate that you can provide many images in different angle of your products. However, you can optimize them more by adding Secondary Hover Image to show variations on your collection page.
2.png

3. Show estimated delivery date on your product detail. It seems like more persuasive rather than letting them go to another page to find the information they are looking for.

3.png

4. To make your website more professional, please consider to add  Previous customers' feedbacks on your product detail

4.png

I hope these recommendations will help. The last thing, I recommend you to check out more latest tips to boost sales in this guide.  

If you find it difficult to make changes to your storefront, you may want to take a look at PageFly - this app helps you to build up store with no coding skill required, free subscription plan and 24/7 support.

If you find my suggestion helpful to you, please hit Like

Thank you. Have a nice day then!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | Group | Youtube.
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
MyPetHero
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there @CutOutWiz 

This is extremely valuable feedback, thank you so much! I will be starting asap with the implementation of your points. 

Appreciate your help very much. Have a Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Lucio from My Pet Hero.

0 Likes
MyPetHero
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there @EcomGeeks 

This is extremely valuable feedback, thank you so much! I will be starting asap with the implementation of your points. 

Kind regards,

Lucio from My Pet Hero.

MyPetHero
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there @AiTrillion 

Kind regards,

Lucio from My Pet Hero.

0 Likes
MyPetHero
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there @Growave 

Kind regards,

Lucio from My Pet Hero.

0 Likes