I’ve not long started my Shopify store www.rubyandtherainbow.co.uk. I know I need to up my game so I’m looking for some feedback to add to my own views so I can get a full list of what I need to change and improve on.! The two main areas I’m interested in feedback on at the moment are:
- the home page. But only really for mobile users. I need to optimise this as I have a very small / tiny! % of desktop visitors
- my product pages
any other advice / comments would be gratefully recurved.
Congratulation for your store.
I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:
Hello @Loved-by-ruby ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Hey Ruby and the Rainbow,
Below listed points would surely help in store modification:
Promote your free shipping offers with progressive messages and a cart goal and motivate your customers to increase cart values and boost sales using Free Shipping Bar by Hextom.
All the best!
Hi @Loved-by-ruby welcome to Shopify family
I hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. You have a really neat and well-maintained store.
After taking a look at your website, I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks.
1. The logo placement can be shifted from center to top left as more users remember brands when the logos are placed on left or on right it gives it more visual gazes, which allows more users to remember your brand.
2. Engaging the audience the blog would be helpful as this creates an impression that you are the most knowledgeable person and will look up to you for further information.
3. Add a section of most purchased/brought products by doing this most of the images in the gallery will be reviewed.
4. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
5. Bigger images in your catalog view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
6. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand. You can also add a product zoom in to fill the browser window.
7. You need to create urgency and social proof on your store for that, adding visually attractive stickers like a number to products left, upcoming sales, In trend will grab the attention and excite the customer. (Attaching one of your product image as a reference)
I hope this helps!