Feedback for my $4K/month store: www.godsgood.com

godsgooddotcom
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi everyone! I hope you all are safe and doing well.

I'm reaching out to solicit feedback on my site: www.godsgood.com . We're a happy faith-based brand that sells soft and comfortable t-shirts and sweatshirts.

We currently do about 100 orders / month on Shopify. The issue is that our session conversion rate is too low at 0.84%. I've uploaded a couple of screenshots that shows last month: 475 people added things to their cart but only 115 actually checked out.

I spend most of my time on Shopify designing for desktop but 92% of our website visitors view the website on Mobile. 

Are there things I need to do to optimize my Mobile better? 

My thought is that maybe the 4-page checkout (required by Shopify) leads to a ton of drop off for mobile viewers and that other stores might be seeing a similarly low conversion rate. It just makes me sad to know that 75% of customers who add something to their cart never complete the purchase.

Grateful and excited to hear your any and all thoughts.

Thank you so much!

Dima 

Founder of www.godsgood.com 

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 7.45.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-06 at 7.45.42 AM.png

Sundayla
Excursionist
14 1 1

Hi Dima, great looking store!

I can't say that I am qualified enough to give functional feedback as I am just starting out with my store. But I noticed that your stores Instagram page has an astonishing 597k followers, that is pretty amazing. 

Have you tried running Instagram ads or promoting your posts to boost sales?

ConveyLego0612
Shopify Partner
469 46 155

Hi @godsgooddotcom

Have seen your store and have some comments about it:

- I see your store is a clothing business. What really matters at a clothing store is real-life photos like images that someone is wearing your t-shirts, and I don't see any of them in your store. 

Try to show those photos in many different ways. I can list for you: Banners, galleries, videos, etc. 

- This is a bad-quality photo I suppose. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1599448702074.png

- Now I'm not seeing your unique selling point, you need to show that directly on somewhere easy to see. 

- About the checkout, you can try to add discount box at your cart page and mini cart to encourage customers to stay tuned longer.

My tip is you can see some famous brands and see what they're doing. And of course, you cannot do the same but maybe you can learn something. 

And yes, absolutely need to focus on the mobile design. Nowadays, people love shopping on their phones.

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi Dima! Maggie, Shopify Expert here  

Yes, 0.84% is indeed on a low side. If a majority of your visitors browse on mobile, and you only optimize your website for desktop, that could definitely impact the user experience and conversion rate. 4-step checkout can also affect the sales, so I do recommend switching to a one-page checkout. Shopify allows you to do so with a One-Click Checkout app: https://apps.shopify.com/one-click-checkout 

Also, I've checked your website how it displays on mobile, and is displaying well.

The website itself can definitely benefit from more engaging info, keeping your visitors browsing for longer. Also, the quality of the traffic also matters for conversion. 

Not all traffic is equal - just because someone clicks to your website from Facebook or Google doesn't mean they will buy - or that they will buy right away. Make sure to get clicks in terms of building awareness for your brand, but then focus on converting those who clicked and viewed your product into buyers. You do it through retargeting ads and email marketing.

Here's a detailed guide on how to design a winning PPC ad funnel: https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/facebook-ad-funnels-framework-charlie-lawrence/

The first step when it comes to improving your conversion rate is Google Analytics review. Consider integrating your store with Google Analytics - it will give you great info as to where your traffic is coming from, and which sources send you the best converting traffic. You could then measure if it's the Facebook ads that convert the best, or perhaps another source, like Google organic traffic or Instagram posts. Google Analytics is worth monitoring, as it will allow you to focus your time and marketing budgets only on the platforms that convert best [remember 80/20 rule - 20% of your efforts generate 80% of the results]. If you’re not sure how to read your Google Analytics data, get the complete review here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/asp-products/google-analytics-ppc/

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
Mihir_Gupta_
Shopify Partner
247 9 74

Hey there @godsgooddotcom ! Here's what I'd like to suggest - 

Copywriting is the key to get a better conversion rate! You've come up with a pretty neat store and great thing that is people are adding products to your store - which means there's everyday traffic! 

1. I hope you're trying to communicate with people who have abandoned carts and they're not coming to the store to complete the purchase? 

2. Although you've added social media icons, you also need to welcome customer reviews and testimonials. Customers love to share their feedback! 

3. One reason might be that you're only dealing with a single color of a t-shirt. People might not be willing to buy a white color t-shirt because it gets dirty quickly as compared to other shades! Why don't you add another shade and see the response? 

4. Guess you forgot to add a favicon to your store! 

Why don't you get your store setup to online marketplaces? I'm sure not only your conversion rate will be improved, but the overall traffic coming to your store will increase like anything! Let me know if we can be of any help to you! 

I'm from CedCommerce - a team of coders and marketing enthusiasts who help eCommerce entrepreneurs with store set-up and customizations! 

We'll be happy to assist you with any kind of customization; add-ons or planning out sales/marketing/social media strategy! 

As a Shopify store owner, you need to know the course of your journey !

It's going to help you throughout your time in the eCommerce! 

Ps. We're just a message away!

Wish you luck with your Shopify store journey! Cheers! .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
0 Likes
godsgooddotcom
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi @Sundayla ! Thanks for taking the time to check out our site and Instagram. Yes! I am running Instagram ads which is what is fueling the 14,000 website visitors/month I think. For me, promoting Instagram posts (vs. running targeting and retargeting campaigns in Ad Manager) is never as high ROAS. 

Have a great day!

dima

0 Likes
godsgooddotcom
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi @ConveyLego0612 , first - thanks so much for taking the time to look at my site and for your helpful comments.

Totally hear you on the real-life photos of models wearing the clothes. We're actually doing a photo shoot in the next couple of weeks which is something we would've done months ago were COVID not a thing. 

A brand that I really look up to (for lots of reasons!) is Gymshark. I've tried to incorporate a couple of optimization pieces that Gymshark uses in to my own website. 

Hope you have a great day!

dima

0 Likes
ConveyLego0612
Shopify Partner
469 46 155

Hi @godsgooddotcom

You're welcome. Gymshark is an amazing brand that you can learn from. 

Also, I see your Instagram. Did you try to create an Instagram feed on your home page? I think it will help you show more real-life product photos in the future. 

Thank you, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
862 21 246

Hi @godsgooddotcom !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. Add a favicon
  6. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
  7. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  8. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
  9. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
  10. I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  11. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
  12. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  13. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
  14. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Munn
Shopify Partner
480 17 100

Hi @godsgooddotcom welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here

2. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.

3. As many as 85% of shoppers claim color to be a primary reason for buying a particular product I would recommend you to go through this blog on color psychology here

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes