Feedback for my (first) online webshop, Sunnies of the sea

sunniesofthesea
1 0 0

Hi,

I sell sunglasses for all your beach trips, citytrips etc. All sunnies are selected by me, a girl that lives at the Belgian coast. I try to run everything myself, so all tips are welcome! 

Open to any and all advice and feedback!

https://www.sunniesofthesea.be/ 

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3395 189 612

Hello @sunniesoftheseaThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with a call to action button)- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- Add important links in the footer menu.

AiTrillion_0-1620984433462.png

- Add a buy now button on the product page. It lets your shoppers purchase the products they want faster and avoid extra steps of the checkout process.

- Remove the blank space from the header. That's a lot of blank space.

AiTrillion_1-1620984827599.png

Add these customer engagement tools to your store. It will help you to maximize customer engagement in your store & reduce the bounce rate:

• Setup web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.
  • Setup product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages.
  • Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

• Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increasing the retention rate.

Looking for the right and effective app for your store?

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
863 109 287

Hey @sunniesofthesea,

Congratulations on the launch of your first store! I've taken a look through and I have some feedback for you.

screencapture-sunniesofthesea-be-2021-05-14-13_15_30.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

BLURRY PHOTO
The photo in your homepage banner is blurry. This happens when you use an image that is too small for the given space. It will get stretched out to fill the area but when it does that you lose image quality and get that blurry/pixelated look. I’d recommend replacing your photos with better, high quality ones. You can find high quality stock photos for free from the sites we list in this video:

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

POLICIES
You need to add in your shipping policy, return policy, privacy and terms of service. Shopify has made this extremely easy, you can add them with a click of a button (except for shipping policy because it will vary depending on the store). After they are auto generated you can take a read through each one and adjust them as needed. Here is a video showing how to add them:

CONTACT PAGE
You also need a contact page. Shopify makes this really easy as well. Here is a video on how to do it:

SALES CHANNELS
I’d recommend utilizing Shopify’s sales channels for your social media pages. This is going to allow you to tag products that you post on your social media and then have that tag lead to your store. Here is how to implement it for Facebook and Instagram.

SEO 
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience ((high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default. When writing your SEO, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. You have product names such as “The Char Sunnies” and “The Jade Sunnies”, the issue here is that a person trying to find these types of products in Google is not going to type “The Char Sunnies” or “The Jade Sunnies” into the search bar. I know SEO is no small task but it’s going to make a big impact. One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you reach your intended audience organically. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here:

PRODUCTS
As you know, sunglasses can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a pair of sunglasses in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
waytoapps
Trailblazer
217 18 104

Hello @sunniesofthesea 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make Sticky header for easy navigation.

Organize the header section and make sure to minimize empty space on it.

Add Shop Now(CTA) on the Hero Banner.

Add ATC(add to cart) buttons on the products.

Mention Terms, shipping and other policies to the Footer section.

Add Related/Recommended Products in the Product page, to increase Cross sales.

Mention contact details of your store to look trustworthy.

Boost your sales with Word of Mouth Strategy. Install app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. 

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
486 9 84

Hi @sunniesofthesea 

Hope you're doing good. 

I saw your store. Below is my feedback 

Good logo. Good store design to start with. 

Add more product details of each sun glasses ... More specific details please as much as possible specially for this industry. 

Add about and contact page. 

Add shipping refunds privacy policy pages. 

The products are awesome. 

I will be happy to grow your product sales via digital channels. 

Feel free to email me on 

vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com

vinod@digitalcentrics.comtha

Thank you. 

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes