I just launched my new store yesterday and still have products to add etc. but would like some initial feedback on the vibe, colours well anything really.
Back story of my store I work full time, I have two kids, I am health conscious and have a type 1 diabetic partner and I want to offer products that people can have without worrying what's in them and will not take a lot of time and or brain power to make the right decision. People find it hard to read labels and find products which is where I come in. Later down the track I also want to be able to sell hampers for different things such as intolerances or people with diabetes etc. offering things like a Low Sugar Hamper or Low Carb Hampers or a Paleo Picnic Hamper etc.
Anyway have a look let me know, be kind!
This is PageFly - Landing Page Builder.
Congrats on your new store. I am emotional with your story. You're kind and hope the best of luck for you. I have just had a look at your store. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!
1. Make a sticky header
Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.
You should display the header on this place or you can find a way to stick it. If the logo is quite big, I suggest we can move it to the left side.
It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.
Besides, you should link more tabs on the menu to show which products you are selling. Sometimes, people just focus on what they can see immediately in your store.
2. Improve your hero banner
The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. Your current images are pretty but I think we can improve it more, it doesn’t show the attractive products you have.
What should you do?
- Add a premium banner. It makes your site more professional and helps attract the attention of customers
- Display the products on the banner. As soon as they see your sign, let your customers know what you're selling. You can use slideshow, the other text color to make it highlighted.
3. Classify the principal and secondary Call-to-action (CTA) button on your Home page
One crucial thing for an online store's home page is a primary call to action. With this icon, you are going to redirect customers to the page where they most want to take action. This also helps your store to improve its conversion rate.
I found that you have few CTA buttons now, we also can add more CTA buttons in your hero banner, collection list (“View more" or “More detail" buttons), and below your product list (You can add “Buy Now"/”Shop Now" buttons).
Besides, you should define which button is the principal one, which is the secondary one. They should have suitable styles (same color for same level of CTA). The principal buttons should be the most highlighted on your page.
4. Highlight the text
It’ll be better if you adjust the text which overlaid the picture in your collection list. I think it’s hard to scan and read. You should use another color or make your background picture a bit transparent.
5. Add more content on your homepage
To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage
If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.
Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies.
Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!
Hello @supersmurfette, Sachin here, from the Aitrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and your branding is well done. I do also have a few suggestions to offer you.
- The header menu is not clearly visible due the color combinations used.
- Create a drop down menu in the 'collection' option of the header menu. Make the store easy to navigate.
- Create categories in the header menu.
- Display review carousels on the homepage.
- You can add loyalty rewards program in your store. Start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and help in retaining your customers.
- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!