Feedback for my new store

davidlloyd
1 0 0

Hello all,

I will be really appreciative of any feedback for my new store.

This is my first post here, and this is my first store as of a few weeks ago:

davidlloyd.store

I'm an established photographer, recently I decided to move my store off my website to Shopify.
I sell fine art photographic prints made by myself, primarily of wildlife.
I'm fairly realistic of the endeavour, regarding visitors/sales etc.

I particularly wish to build a mailing list but I do battle with the aggressive style by many other stores, to sign up but I concede I may need to find a balance here.
As you will see, my store is minimalistic by design, so a lot of dialogs or persuasive text will counter that style.

Now having opened the store, my next task is to market it.

I believe my site may be one in which visitors may choose to buy only after several returns given the prices of my prints.
I have a solid social media following via Instagram (177k) and Facebook (354k).
I wish to utilise this as well as build more contacts.

I'm open to suggestions and feedback in particular to convert more visitors to sales.

Thank you! 

David

0 Likes
zforeman
Tourist
6 1 4

Hey David, overall your store and photography looks great. However, I highly recommend you upgrade your header with a logo design. Your logo/brand is extremely important when it comes to converting potential customers. It is the first thing potential customers see and it can either leave a good or bad first-impression. You want a logo that immediately communicates to your customers "you can trust me" and is memorable so they can recognize your brand in future interactions.

I am a professional graphic designer with 5+ years of experience providing happy clients with amazing logo designs. I offer high quality logo designs starting at only $35. A bargain for the speed and quality of result provided. You can learn more about my logo design work here: http://bit.ly/l0g0des1gn

I hope we can work together on solving your business-needs! Your store is definitely on track to attracting happy customers!

Zach

0 Likes
ConveyLego0612
Shopify Partner
471 46 157

Hi @davidlloyd

Wow, have seen your store and your photos look amazing. This can be a big advantage of your store. 

But I have some comments about your store:

- On the homepage, I cannot click on any products that you are showing.  

ConveyLego0612_0-1601862741444.png

- Add your story to inspire your customers and encourage them to buy. 

- You can add some texts on the banner like "immersed in nature". Also, add the CTA button on your banner. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1601862908388.png

- Add Buy now buttons on your product pages. 

- You have an Instagram account having more than 177k followers and many beautiful Instagram photos, so an Instagram gallery on your store is a necessary way to show your Instagram content and get more followers. 

Also, with Facebook, you can find some ways to connect your Shopify to Facebook. 

If you want to create a gallery, check out this app: Shoppable Instagram Gallery

- Related Products section on your product pages is necessary. 

- Also, add the "Home" part on the menu. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1601863697460.png

Hope this helps!

Thank you, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes

Hi @davidlloyd 

I am Victor, Marketing Manager of PageFly - Page Builder and I would love to share my recommendations for your store and I hope this can help you with my conversion rate optimization and design experiment. Your store looks quite professional and beautiful, and I like your products.

1. Home page

1.1 Make the sticky header

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. Especially, the menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

1.2 Add a call to action button on the image banner

It's quite good that you are investing in a really clear and quality banner image. However, it made me a little confused when I had my first visit to your store and I look at the banner. Without reading your introduction here, I actually got confused so I highly recommend you should put a call to action button because you already had a heading below. This really helps to boost the conversion rate of your store. 

David Lloyd Photography – David Lloyd Store 2020-10-06 17-49-47.png

1.3 Clickable images

I cannot click any images on the home page and this's not good for the online store's conversion rate and this can increase the bounce rate because customers cannot click any products or they cannot find anything they can access to on the home page except the menu. Therefore, I highly recommend you should make the images clickable.

David Lloyd Photography – David Lloyd Store 2020-10-06 17-53-07.png

1.4 Add an introduction 

You are investing well in the image's quality and it's better to keep the customers stay longer with an introduction with image and text block.

I have a PageFly template example for you

The layout is: 2 sections > the 1st one: paragraph on the left column and image on the right column > the 2nd one: paragraph on the right and image on the left. 

Or you can even use one of 2 sections. And it's really responsive on the mobile too.

Centic R2 – PageFly 2020-09-25 08-37-39.png

1.5 Add social media

You can consider adding your store's social such as Instagram, etc with images. This is a good way to connect you better with your customers and keep them updating.

I recommend you should add social media account with images, for example, Facebook or Instagram feed with always-updated product images.

1.6 Add customer's review

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store. They can be placed for each product or even a review collection on your home page. Check this guide to know more its benefit and how to make it effective. 

1.7 Add a newsletter

This is a good way to keep customers updated with your store and stay connecting with them by adding a newsletter so they can submit their email to your store and you can send them interesting updates about blogs, promotions, sales, etc.

1.8 Adding direct links for the "Return Policies" And "Shipping Infor" on the footer

• Many customers want to know the return policies as well as shipping info before making purchases. And this is crucial to their decision on whether to purchase products in your store. And they are likely to find it on the footer so it's necessary to add this information. 
  • Shipping policy is important because many customers want to know the shipping options available to them before they committed to adding a product to the cart page and go to the checkout page

A page builder would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

Victor. 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
Munn
Shopify Partner
480 17 100

Hi @davidlloyd welcome to Shopify community

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions. 

Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.

Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.

4.  Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!