Feedback for my store - can’t get conversions

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0
Have been getting about 1.1k in traffic in the past month, but only got one conversion, what is wrong with my store? Appreciate all feedback and criticisms
Www.GlowLightCo.com
0 Likes

Hi @Glowlightco 

With a 1 product store you really want to also build out your home page like a mini landing page that tells the story of what your product does. 

For Example 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Image With Text (with call to action)
  • Image With Text (with call to action)
  • Image With Text (Your Story)
  • Reviews 
  • Instagram Feed 
  • Featured Product 

Here is a good image that tells the story I found 

Projector.JPG

There is a few issues with the store at the moment. If you want a more detailed free review contact me on below link.

https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/pages/website-review

Overall good start. Keep up the good work.

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

You have a great niche and strong branding, perfect. I noticed the images in your hero banner don't display clearly and can seem a bit blurry:

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 06.53.37.png

Make sure to upload large file sizes cropped to the dimensions as recommended in your theme to display the images in the best quality. If you upload the image that is too small/not in the right dimensions, then the template will stretch it out giving you this kind of blurry effect.

Consider also adding more content to your homepage - it feels a little bare - you can add 6-9 featured products, promo with one of your discount codes or add a hero image at the very top - right below the main menu. It will create engagement, and give your visitors more content to interact with, which will in return help you improve your conversion rate and dwelling time [time people spend browsing your website, which is important for SEO].

I also recommend renaming “Catalog” to “Shop” in the top menu. It will create urgency and give an indirect order to shoppers, inviting them to take action [positive tone of voice]. The best performing shops design their customer journey [sales funnel] across the pages with clear CTAs - from the homepage, through collections to the checkout - so showing people where to click and how to browse your website to complete the purchase will put your customers at ease and improve your conversion rate.

Consider adding more trust signals, such as: About us page and Returns policy. This alone can help you improve your conversion rate - people like to have this info clearly displayed and accessible on the website, before committing to buy.

Return policy - make sure to add this page as well. You can include here info on how long is your policy, how can people return their items, can they return used products, how will you deal with items lost in the post etc. See How to write a returns policy [with examples].

Also, work on the amount of content on your website - through regular blogging and adding more pages - that gives Google more reasons to keep checking your website and crawling it again:

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 07.02.10.png

Google loves written content, so blogging regularly can help you improve your SEO. Blogging is powerful - it helped me get to Google page #1 in only four days with this blog post: Breadcrumbs in SEO

Image alt tags - make sure to add descriptive SEO friendly alt tags to each new image you upload. That’s a great way to improve your SEO [Google will be able to understand what each image represents] and make your website more accessible for the users who browse with images switched off.

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
387 34 154

Hi @Glowlightco

The idea itself is amazing, however,   I am afraid the site is not doing a justice to it. 

It looks like you have received great feedback from the community members already, so here are some that I have noticed:

1) Improve the quality of hero banner image 

2) Reduce the size of the header menu 

3) Enable accounts and implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

4) When it comes to single item stores, you do not need the collections page. It only adds an extra step for a customer.  I recommend redirecting the PURCHASE button to the product page itself and replacing the catalog link on the navigation to SHOP IT 

Hopefully, I managed to help. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Good luck!

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1053 53 158

Hello @Glowlightco

Firstly, I congratulate you for coming up with such an ingenious idea. Really you have a wonderful store. You need to engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. You have stunning products in your store but you are lacking in engagement features. 

To implement the marketing tools on your store you can install AiTrillion.com. It's a fully integrated and all in one Shopify app. I am sure your will find it useful. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi,

Hi @Glowlightco ,

I think you need to work on your store to make the user want to purchase. Below are some ways:

Featured Images: Use good quality featured banner images with interesting taglines to captivate user attention.

Mobile Score: Your google page speed score is only 24%. It should be above 70. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.

glow.png

Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Product Images & Description: Product page design could be better and organized. it should be nicely spaced and visually appealing. Insert images into the carousel. Display the extended product details using tabs.

Use Videos To Engage Your Audience: It's worth to add brand video, or short clip on the features of the product to engage the visitor.

Call of Action Placement: You need a strong call to action to gain people’s attention and to convince them to act. Try to use good CTA to increase conversion and sales.

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.

Sticky Header: You can create a sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and are visible even when you scroll down. It gives a better navigation experience to the user. 

I hope my feedback will help you!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Thank you!!!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like