Feedback for my store with low Add To Carts

chrisal23
Tourist
13 0 3

Hi, 

I’ve been working on my clothing store abarecloset.com for about two months now since it launched.

I’ve received good feedback in my early stages and have been working on optimizing my website. In the past I’ve had a few “add to carts” but I had no idea what I was doing. However, my bounce rate was extremely high, close to 90%.

Since then I’ve redesigned my website and recently relaunched my facebook ads. I’m targeting about 2 million people running a conversion campaign with a “view content” objective. My hope was to feed FB pixel data and possible get some “add to carts” with my updated website design.

I’ve been running my FB ads for 4 days now and I’m getting about 20-30 clicks per day with no conversions. Visitors usually stay around 20-45 secs and eventually bounce off. I’m thinking my product page has something that’s off and I can't see it since I see my website daily.

So far here are my conclusions for no “add to carts”:

1. Price is too high (however, competitors do price around the same)
  2. USP (unique selling proposition) isn’t clear
  3. I have little to no credibility as a new brand
  4. Product page has something that’s confusion prospect customers

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes

Hello @chrisal23 ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks really great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• I have also noticed that there are no trust badges at the checkout page, adding trust badges makes the customers know that your site is safe to shop and their personal information will be secured and also they are safe at checkout.
  • There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes

Hi,

I agree with the other poster that your site looks great. Very professional. Just a little lack of social proofing which you can fix pretty easily on your end. I like the mission statement.

It's definitely hard to figure out why conversion rate is so low. A 90% bounce rate is also pretty high. It's a good thing you are looking at different metrics rather than just overall conversion rate.

TBH, I went through your sales funnel, and nothing jumps out at me. Though it is a little weird when you hit add to cart to see a "Messenger" signup.

I just launched an app in data analytics. I'd be willing to take a look at your metrics for free if you would like? It might help to identify what else could be wrong. Cause it literally could be anything; just need to slowly optimize and track.

Cheers,

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.
0 Likes
chrisal23
Tourist
13 0 3

Thanks @Droppersstop.

I have a review app installed I just need to reconfigure it. The reason I have it hidden is that I didn't want to have a lot of products showing zero stars.

Regarding the trust badges I feel like this is played out too much, expecially by dropshipping stores. I do have section where I show shipping, customer support, etc. when the user scrolls down the product page. I'll continue testing this with and without trust badges. However, a lot of the popular retails stores don't have this.

0 Likes
chrisal23
Tourist
13 0 3

Thanks @ui-gab.

I've tried using Google Analytics to better understand why my users are bouncing and I still get not clear answer.

I'd be willing to get your opnion on the current data I have. Let me know the next steps.

0 Likes

Hi @chrisal23 ,

Hopefully this helps:

1. Send me your email in private message so I can communicate with you more easily.
  2. Go here https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and install the App
    Don't worry I won't charge you, once you install I'll make it free for life. It just gives me a way to look at your data without manually requesting access.
    Just go through the install phase and make sure to connect your Google Ads/ Facebook Ads accounts so I have access to that and Google Analytics too.
    It also includes some algorithms for looking at data to help more easily spot issues.
  3. Once installed, I'll take a look at the data and send you an email over the next 24hrs to see if I have found anything. (I'm based out of the West Coast of North America)
  4. We work together to help improve your store.

For transparency, the only thing I'm hoping to gain out of this is a good review, and maybe a recommendation. You can uninstall and remove my access at any point.

Sincerely,

Gabe

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.
0 Likes
ZacWyatt
Shopify Partner
44 2 11

Hi there! I like your products. They are cool! In my opinion, you should do more to harness their potential. How pity if you sell great things but they can't be well promoted to customers. Maybe you can try to import some more reviews to them. It can help both highlight your items and gain trust for customers to order more. There are some review apps which can help, like Ali Reviews  This app collects many reviews from real customers and you can filter positive ones to highlight your items. It is also featured with "email automation" which allows you to send automated up sell email, very effective to keep touch with customers and get more orders. Your store is cool, so if you're struggling with sales, you may want to consider these ways to promote it and boost your sales! Wish you best! 

FireApps - Premium e-commerce solutions come together for your growth
0 Likes
chrisal23
Tourist
13 0 3

@ZacWyatt thanks. 

I agree reviews will help my store. Since I've only made 1 sale I'll import this review. However, I'll have to be creative with how I get more reviews.

It would've been easier if I was dropshipping someone else's product since I could import existing reivews. 

Sajay
Shopify Partner
140 16 47

Hey @chrisal23 

Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store. Your store experience is actually quite nice, consistent. I don’t the experience might be the problem. 

That being said - not all traffic is equal. So there can be a few reasons for no conversions (a) You’re sending the wrong people to your website. OR (b) There are issues with your website experience.

What kind of targeting are you using on FB? Is it sending the kind of ideal prospects you want to your store? I think you should do an audit of that data.

It might be the quality of traffic which is the bottleneck, since you mentioned that the bounces are also very quick. Figure out where it is and make changes accordingly - and 

I think you’ll be on your way to more conversions!

That being said, I do have a few observations on your store: 

1. About us - You’ve given a nice explanation about your company ideals. I would say add a human factor to it by talking about the people as well - the team. Add pictures as well, it gives a more human touch.
  2. Create your social media pages - Instagram, Facebook, Twitter. These are essential for building any brand and trust for users. Once they land on your website, people will be checking around for your social media. Be sure to put up some amount of posts there as well. 
  3. You could move the search bar to the top, after the first fold, in case someone would like to search for products immediately.

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
chrisal23
Tourist
13 0 3

Thanks @Sajay 

I'll focus on addressing your 3 points noted below. I do have an IG and Facebook and have added these social icons on my footer.

Reagarding FB traffic, this is where the key to success lies for my business (part at least.) I've been spending time and money trying to nail the perfect audience. However, getting sales through FB isn't a linear expereince--meaning I shouldn't expect to get sales with my inital ads. Most FB users aren't in "buy" mode which makes this process tricky.

I do have an audience in mind, one that like sustainability and fashion. However, it's a long shot from having a target audience. In the meantime I'm testing different ads/audiences. I may need to step back and create a concrete marketing plan for Facebook/SEO.

It may be easier working with influencers to get first sales and scale from there.

0 Likes