Hi all, I need some feedback on my website.
I have been running ads on google for 3 weeks now, still no sales.
We are a local lighting fixture store located in Vancouver B.C, we are trying to get some online sales other than local.
Please review the store and let me know, so then I can do some changes.
I'm not sure what you are currently doing for marketing, but here are my thoughts:
1. Have a business card that you include with every sale made in store and offer a discount when they order from your website. Although you may be thinking "it's still local traffic", it puts it out there that you have a website so that the next time your customer has a guest over that compliments their lighting, they can say "we got it from LV Lighting" and they have a website to share with that guest.
If you need help creating a coupon code, check out our video:
2. Social media. I see you have Facebook and Instagram, which is great! I'd recommend taking advantage of Shopify's sales channels, that way when you post on Instagram or Facebook, you can tag your product so that people can purchase it. You want to make it as easy as possible for the customer to see something they like and purchase it. I'd also say to check out similar pages to yours on IG and FB, see what is working for them as far as social media posts and let that inspire your content.
3. My last piece of advice is to spend some time on your SEO. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. When I take a look at your product SEO (I used this product for my example), this is what I see and this is how it would show up in search results or social media shares:
By default, Shopify will take your product title and the description and add that into your SEO. They've also cut it off after "10" for some reason.. anyhow, when doing your SEO, you have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. You can use a tool to find out exactly what words you should use, it's called "Keywords Everywhere". Also, we’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions, this will help:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!
PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:
They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.
Enjoy and best of luck!
I went through the website, and I think it looks good. Scratch that, I think it looks great. Maybe some small things here and there, but nothing major that would be the reason why there are no conversions (I got to the checkout, I didn't go further than that).
The only thing I would mention is the page speed. I checked the page speed using Google's tool which you can find here (its free): https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/, so there are improvements you can make in that area.
How do you run ads on Google? Maybe that's the problem?
Here's what I would do:
Apart from that, I wouldn't spend too much money on Google in the beginning. Google is amazing once you have some traction, but when you're just starting, it can be very rough. There are companies that are now earning money in the millions that had awful results on Google in the beginning because they didn't have traction. To combat this, I would highly suggest advertising on Facebook also, because of the high volume of traffic there.
If you would like to talk about this more, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hi @ishirakurei !
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
Take a second look at the pricing policy of yours. Clearly, you are one who really knows the true price for a product, so make sure your customers also understand why they are paying certain amount of money. You can tell more about your brand, resources that you use, that the part of the money is donated, that you are based on sustainable development, etc. A customer needs to know why he/she needs to buy from you but not from a place with more affordable price tags.
The items in your store are more on an expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way, letting your customers know that you care about them.
Hey @ishirakurei, I hope you are doing fine!
Congratulations on your store!
Your store looks absolutely fantastic no doubt there, the home page and layout colors everything is great. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little organized and descriptive it will surely help customers to understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example.
In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score on WooRank and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales.
I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion.
I hope this helps you achieve your goals.
Good luck with the store.
Have a nice day!
Hello @ishirakurei, I hope you are doing well. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- Display reviews on the homepage.
- Add a referral program. A referral program can help optimize your sales cycle, help you produce quality leads, and take your marketing efforts up a notch. People are more like to make a purchase when a product is referred by any friend. You can boost your marketing ROI and drive conversions with referral marketing.
- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
- You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, following or sharing on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.
Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.
Adding these marketing tools in your store will help you to retarget your customers and drive conversions in your store. Automate your store as much you can. It will help you to increase the conversion rate.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing automation tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.