Feedback much appreciated

6 0 0

Hello

Re-done my website www.merchandiselane.com. Could I get some feedbacks please. Honest feedbacks. 

I realise that most of the products have 1 image and that is down to my suppliers. I am drop shipping. 

TBH I am at a lose as to whether to focus on one niche (eg stationery etc) or one product. Thinking of starting form scratch again with a new name. 

Much feedback would be appreciated. 

Regards

Merchandise Lane

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
482 46 235

Hi Tolu_Arinze,

General
  • The first impression is incredibly important for your online store. A great logo helps this impression. There are many great auto logo creators for free such as Hatchful.
  • I didn't find any contact us page. A contact us page is too important because it seems you are open to being contacted. It helps visitors contact you easily.
Homepage
  • Make sure add a short tagline and a call to action button at every image of slider.
  • You have a newsletter box which is great. But I would recommend adding a discount code to entice your visitor to give an email address.
  • I suggest adding your social media pages on the footer menu. Your store doesn't have any social media icons right now.
Product
  • I suggest removing the trust badges on each product page. They don't help your brand. I recommend putting these badges in the footer.

If you need more detailed feedback, you can use our free analyzer tool. To use tool please click here and "like" below.

FnLabs?

We are specialized in app development and theme customization for Shopify Stores. Our focus is on providing customizable and user-friendly apps to help store owners grow their business.
0 Likes

As someone who lived in London and goes back often to see friends. I would say the domain name does not tell me you sell football items or it is related to sports. I would focus on a niche over one product... football and sports seems like a good place to build a business around. A one product store is harder to build a business around. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage and make it easier to see what you sell

Product Page  Feedback

1. Remove "Secured and trusted checkout with:" and put it in the footer

2. Try to make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw had only 1 or 2 images

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

4. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
144 11 48

Hi there,

The first I noticed, was the "Contact Us" button overlapping with cookies notification I believe.

The next one is that the pop-up for the newsletter is coming too soon, perhaps increase the delay up to 1 minute or something to not annoy your potential buyers.

Overall, the idea (niche) is kinda cool, something different compared to others, now need to think on what to focus.

P.S. Chelsea fan here :D

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.
0 Likes