Feedback my Store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey all! Just wanted to get some feedback on my store, www.dadcooks.net . Just started it up and went live 2 days ago. I'm not at all concerned yet about traffic and sales because I realize 2 days is nothing in the grand scheme of things. I'm just looking for general feedback about looks, feels, ease of navigation, etc. I haven't done a whole lot with SEO, but would appreciate opinions on that as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1220 120 308

Hey there, @Dranoel76 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Well done on launching your site! I know how much work goes into doing so. While your products are brilliantly curated need to work on the descriptions and the product titles especially. The first thing I always look at when giving feedback on stores is the product descriptions. The issue with this is that the titles from Oberlo are often very long-winded and actually rather incoherent. The reason for this is that they are trying to cram as many keywords into their titles so their products are easy to find, however, for a customer-facing store this does not look good. Anyone who is familiar with AliExpress or Oberlo will spot this right away and in doing so they will know that they can get the products cheaper elsewhere. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this watch? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

Trust is the most valuable currency you can have on an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. Here are some statistics for you to consider:

- 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim)
- 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
- 67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)
- As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.

I would recommend taking a look at our free Product Reviews app. This app can be found in our fabulous little app store, the home to all of our best apps!

One small thing which isn't crucial but will make your site look that bit more professional is adding a favicon that matches your business logo. A favicon is an icon that appears on a tab in a browser, usually a logo. You can add a favicon to your site as per this guide.

I love that you are sharing recipes! I would definitely recommend bulk-adding some, to begin with, just so when a customer does land there they will find a repertoire of recipes and will come back for more. If they see just the one they will probably not return for more. Having content like this is great for SEO and it is a great method of content marketing. You can take this free course from Hubspot and become certified in content marketing. It goes through the process of creating content and doing so on a continuous basis. 

There are some great articles here on making sure customers find you!

* Get Customers Talking About You 
* 50 Ways to Make Your First Sale 
* Beginners Guide To Marketing blog here  
* How to Drive Targeted Traffic to Your Online Store

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for the ideas! I was already looking at those horrid titles and was thinking that i'd have to rework the listings. I've started on a few. If you want to check the reworked listings, they are in the BBQ section. I'm going to look into your other suggestions as well. Adding more recipes is a good idea. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1220 120 308

Those titles and descriptions are much better, good job! While looking at your store once more I noticed that there were no social media links Having a social media presence is incredibly important in eCommerce. You can check out our guide on building your presence here. Social media is a key aspect of digital marketing, helping businesses reach millions of customers across the world. Last year in the UK alone, 89% of people accessed the internet every week; 77% of these used it to research goods/services before making a purchase, and 60% to access social media. It’s estimated that, worldwide, over 3 billion people use social media every day. This means, if you want to grow your business, you need to start taking advantage of using social media for your Shopify store. You can take a look at our guide on social media marketing here.

I can see that you have a privacy policy, I would definitely recommend adding additional policies to the footer of your page. Customers often look for the following before proceeding to checkout:

• Refund policy
  • Privacy policy
  • Terms-of-service
  • Shipping policy

You can read up on creating these policies right here. 

You do not have a contact page currently. With products of this nature, customers may have questions about the specifications of the products. I would recommend taking a look at this guide on creating a contact page. Trust is the most important currency an online store deals in. If a customer does not trust an online store they will not place an order, having a contact page can really help raise that trust factor. If you are willing to be contacted it is easier to trust you. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes