Thanks you 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 46

Hi, @1fourlegs1 .

Morgan here from the Social Team at Shopify.

Thanks for sharing a link to your shop with us here in the community forums. I'd be happy to take a look and offer any advice or input I may have for you!

First, I really enjoyed your About Us page and reading the mission behind your brand. This is a great way to bridge the gap between you as a brand and your customers.

Sorry to hear about your pup though, I hope you find him one day! There are a few things I noticed in regards to the about us page I recommend taking a look at adjusting:

1. The slideshow in your shops header is a great place to advise a customer where they should be directed on your site next. Pointing them to your brands story is a really great idea. However, from your current title/call to action customers may not know where that is taking them. Be sure to make it clear where they are being directed to, so you can drive more traffic to important parts of your store such as the about us page and your story. Just a slight wording change could make this a bit more clear.21-27-em89m-r8342

2. I noticed when reading through your About us page and a few others that there are some grammatical errors. I recommend taking a look through your content before posting, it's also good to have a friend or family member read over your work to offer a second set of eyes for things that could have been missed. Alternatively, a program such a Grammarly can help with this as well. Making sure your content is error free will allow you to continue building trust with your audience.

On a similar note, make sure to edit your other pages such as Refund, Privacy and Terms of service to fit your store specifications. I found an example within your Refund policy that doesn't necessarily apply to your shop:

"There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)
Book with obvious signs of use
CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened"

The templates provided in your Shopify admin under Settings> Legal can be edited to fit your shops details. Be sure to have a look through those to ensure the information provided fits within the terms you offer in your store.

3. Lastly in regards to your About us page, I'd make the picture of Lulu bigger! Showcasing Lulu as the mascot of your store, and enlarging that image will likely create a larger impact on customers who read your story. Pet lovers always enjoy a good pet photo from real pet owners!

In reference to Lulu, I noticed you don't currently have a logo for your shop. Have you considered creating a unique logo/branding for your store revolving around Lulu? A logo is a great way to make your brand recognizable at a glance, and help build the aesthetic your shop is going for. A fun drawing of Lulu with the store name "Four Legs" somewhere in the design could work!

Here's some examples of pet related shops that do a great job of capturing attention, and telling their audience what their business does at a glance through great branding and logos. If you aren't a designer yourself, that's no problem! There are a few free online tools to help you build a logo if you would like to do it on your own. Hatchful is a free logo generator that will assist in making a solid design for your store. Alternatively, you can make your own from scratch with programs such as Canva.

If you would rather hire a professional, you can hire a third party to do this for you. A capital efficient option would be hiring a tasker from sites like Taskhusky and Fiverr. However, you can also find branding/creative experts from our Shopify Experts directory here.

These ideas should get you going in the right direction to take your store from good to great. Once your store is in tip top shape your next step is to look at avenues to market your shop. I see you currently have an active Facebook business page, but your Instagram social Icon doesn't seem to lead anywhere. If you have an Instagram account I recommend trying to reconnect that once more within your theme editor under Theme Settings> Social.

Do you have a marketing plan you are ready to execute? If not, this guide goes into great detail on how to set marketing goals and actionable steps to a successful marketing effort. Personally though, I recommend starting with some free advertising. Utilize the pet community by joining and sharing your story/shop on Reddit boards, Facebook groups, and even local events catered to dogs and their loving families! You'll be sure to build your community this way.

If you have any questions on the topics I touched on here, or anything else on your business journey feel free to reply back here. I'd be happy to help!

Cheers,

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks you so much Morgan, this is a big help for us 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 46

Not a problem, glad to hear it @1fourlegs1 ! 

If you end up going through with any of the suggestions, feel free to update me on how it goes! 

All the best,

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes