Feedback my store, please

Solved
Highlighted
2 1 0

Hi all, I have been with Shopify now for a couple of months, but due to Covid-19 I have suspended the store. In the meantime I have been re-designing and improving it and I would like to have an opinion and what needs to be change or improve. 

Thank you for looking, any tips are welcome -)

www.pequelin.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
439 48 98

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @pequelin 

The first thing that stuck out to me was your logo. It's quite small and isn't legible. In addition, it appears to be an image as opposed to a unique design that showcases what your brand is all about.

Having a professional logo can go such a long way to not only establishing your brand's identity but instilling trust in the visitors on your website. Hiring a graphic designer is a terrific way to get a professional logo made. However, we at Shopify have built a completely free logo generator called HATCHFUL. Hatchful will design dozens of mockups for your business in seconds.

The next thing I noticed was your multiple usages of slideshows. Slideshows can be taxing on the loading speed of your website so it's crucial to use slides conservatively and only when you are really to market a specific product on your store. Typically, I'd personally recommend keeping your slides to three at the most and only using them when you have something special to offer opposed to having them there 'just because'. Also, the Call to Actions on your slides (for you for us, for the most important, etc) doesn't really give the visitor much insight as to what they are going to click into in terms of products.

Additionally, there aren't any buttons where they can shop that product/collection. Subliminally, your slideshow should give your visitor an incentive/enticement to click into the slide and explore the products.

Succesful apparel and jewelry businesses will typically use slideshows and collections to sell a lifestyle, event, or relevant seasonal activity. For example, in the winter a lot of people visit ski resorts, go on cabin vacations, and are typically indoors. So you will often see collections that are tailored to that. For example, a slideshow may be used to sell relevant products that you use to stay warm at a ski resort (toque, mittens, warm base layer, jackets, etc) and have a call to action like "Your Outdoor Essentials" in the slideshow.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Dirk,

Thank you so much for your feed back and I will definitely take all that into account and make the appropriate changes.

Once is done, I may come back for some more 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
439 48 98

Absolutely! Anytime, @pequelin 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes