Feedback needed about my website

Mzqueenbg
2 0 1

My site has been active for quite some time with minimal traffic. Can someone please visit my site and tell me your honest opinion of it’s look, navigation, and your overall experience? Thanks in advance.

www.allaboutmehairstudio.com

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 329

Hey @Mzqueenbg,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! Sorry to hear that your traffic isn't where you want it to be, though I will say, if you are getting correct traffic that is leading to conversions, it's not a bad thing and can grow overtime. I've taken a look through your store and have some feedback for you.

screencapture-allaboutmehairstudio-2021-07-07-09_32_38.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

LOGO
A stores logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

FAVICON
Once you have a logo I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here:

PRODUCT SEO
Moving onto your products, you have them named things like “Drama” or “Trendsetter” and the issue with this is that anyone trying to find a pair of lashes in Google is not going to type “Drama” or “Trendsetter” into Google, they would likely search something like “Dramatic False Lashes” so it’s very important that when you are writing your product titles and description that you keep your SEO in mind so that you are showing up in search results. We have a video where we teach you how to do your SEO that I will leave linked here:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS

screencapture-allaboutmehairstudio-products-best-trendsetter-false-eyelashes-for-everyday-2021-07-07-09_44_01.png
I’d recommend working on your product descriptions. You need to add in what type of lashes they are, what they are made of, how long they last, etc. We did a video all about this which you can watch here:

PRODUCT NAVIGATION
I find your navigation confusing. For example. "Aisle 6: Oh My Yoni" - as a visitor I have no idea what items I would find it there. I would recommend simplifying your navigation (Lashes, Lip Gloss. etc.) so your visitors can find what they are looking for simply and quickly.

kandy-01.png

POLICIES
You need to add in your shipping policy, return policy, privacy and terms of service. Shopify has made this extremely easy, you can add them with a click of a button (except for shipping policy because it will vary depending on the store). After they are auto generated you can take a read through each one and adjust them as needed. Here is a video showing how to add them:

CONTACT PAGE
The contact page is one of the core pages that should be on every website. It’s a red flag to customers if there is no easy way to contact you. Shopify has made creating a contact page with a form really simple, here is how to do it:

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
tealmig
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi @Mzqueenbg

I agree with the comments left by the other user ECOMGEEKS they brought up a lot of great points. I just wanted to add that I like the clean & simple look of your site but a home button would be very useful for navigating! Maybe a big one right at top that's very clear to be the home center so customers can always click back to the main page, whenever a site doesn't have one I always feel a little bit lost. 

Just a bit of advice I thought I'd add, thanks & good luck!

0 Likes
Sales12
Excursionist
7 0 1

Hello great purchaser

I check out this store and i see it's very nicely okay with a great customization and style but there are some features that you need to add to your store before you start doing marketing implementation there but i can't find it there.

Reply to this and we discussed about it. It will really help you. 

Thanks 

0 Likes
puneet_unbundl
Excursionist
34 3 9

Hi  Mzqueenbg,

This is Puneet from unbundl.

Lately I have started seeing websites with a mobile first approach. Since last year, all our clients see more than 80% of traffic coming in from mobile devices. We had also started advising to build for mobile.

I gave your website a look from this critical angle:

• The store lacks a good logo. Current one does not generate any trust that it is a brand. No favicon also
  • Too much spacing between banner and text
  • First products that I see are of Sunglasses. I am not sure why they are there even. Cosmetics take a backseat and do not have any representation on homepage at all
  • Items in your menu are not self explanatory. It is too confusing
  • Add to cart font should be bolder and larger
  • Sticky Add to cart is a plus
  • Product pages lack detailed product description
  • After Add to cart, the customer would be confused on what to do. As nothing happens besides a message

I hope I was helpful to you

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3749 215 670

Hey @MzqueenbgThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify serving 100K+ sellers to boost their brand engagement. Here are few suggestions in your store that you can work on:

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with a call to action button on it)- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed. 

- In the footer add shipping, privacy, returns & refund policy, about us page. 

- Add product descriptions on the product page. 

- Text on these thumbnail images isn't looking good. Add high-quality product images. 

AiTrillion_0-1625835371570.png

- Other than this if you want to drive conversions and retain customers you need to add customer engagement tools in your store to attract and engage the traffic coming to your store:

• You can add a giveaway popup to attract more customers and promote your brand and products to drive conversions.
  • You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.
  • Setup web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
JBrown2
10 0 0

Hi,

Firstly, this is a totally personal opinion and not an attack on you, I do hope your store picks up sales soon.

The first thing I thought as soon as your site loaded was "I absolutely hate the text font" - For me, it is hard on the eye, not an easy read.

0 Likes
Mzqueenbg
2 0 1
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. What are you recommending?
0 Likes