Feedback needed on my Apparel store please

Tourist
21 0 1

Hi all,

Any and all feedback urgently needed and very much appreciated on my store which has been launched. 

https://sassychicapparel.com/

Thankyou

0 Likes
Highlighted

Here are some ways to make your store even better

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates . I would limit the humber of image sliders you use if you wan to keep this on your homepage

2. I would remove the sizing chart from the main menu

3. Add a section for customer reviews just about the footer. This is a great way to help show social proof and build trust

Product Page Feedback

1. Try to make all your product images have a theme / style consistency as some now feature a studio shot vs outdoor shot. A good example is this product vs this product

2. Add your shipping and return/refund as links on each product page. This is something customers look for

3. Add longer product description where possible as this is how you sell more product. Plus it can help with your SEO

Keep making improvements to your store.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia: TakeSomeRisk.com. We can also help with a/b testing, CRO and analytics.
1 Like
Shopify Partner
703 19 183

Beautiful website and you have plenty of great products to choose from! I don't agree that sliding images affect conversion - they build engagement with visitors, so they can actually work to your benefit. 

Get 7-day FREE trial with your SEO package! We won't charge you if you don't like it: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/seo/
0 Likes

@Rockpapercopy wrote:

Beautiful website and you have plenty of great products to choose from! I don't agree that sliding images affect conversion - they build engagement with visitors, so they can actually work to your benefit. 

I would suggest you read the SERP I linked to as that talks about why carousels are bad for conversions rates. I typed in "carousel conversions rates" as my query and those are the results that came up . This is based on data and not feelings. How often do you hang out on the homepage of a site just to watch a carousel slide by? You can not build engagement if people have already moved on from your homepage.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia: TakeSomeRisk.com. We can also help with a/b testing, CRO and analytics.
1 Like
Shopify Partner
703 19 183

That's right, not many people go to the websites to watch carousels, that's not their goal. But I don't see the reason why they would "kill" the conversion rate, as opposed to the static promo image. And you can find in Google any type of content if you know what to look for, just check what I found here why SEO is dead

Get 7-day FREE trial with your SEO package! We won't charge you if you don't like it: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/seo/
1 Like

@Rockpapercopy wrote:

That's right, not many people go to the websites to watch carousels, that's not their goal. But I don't see the reason why they would "kill" the conversion rate, as opposed to the static promo image. And you can find in Google any type of content if you know what to look for, just check what I found here why SEO is dead

Your example is flawed as you asked a question. I didn't asked a question in my search, I just typed in carousel conversion rate... this means SERP could have gone either way. Also, if you don't get how carousels can kill/hurt/lower conversion rate then you should do some more research on the topic as I'm giving advice based on data and not how I feel. Carousels are not adding value to a site if people are not sticking around to see what is on each slider. 

1 Like
Shopify Partner
703 19 183
Perhaps people don't stick to see what's on each slide, however it still doesn't prove your point the carousels kill sales.
0 Likes

@Rockpapercopy wrote:
Perhaps people don't stick to see what's on each slide, however it still doesn't prove your point the carousels kill sales.

Of course it does. Many sites will use sliders to put important information. If that information is just in the slider and no one sees it...  sales messaging or a new product launch.. you have now missed letting people know about it and selling more product. If you don't want to read the link above then that's your choice in the end. carouses hurts your conversion rate and the data is there to back it up.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
703 19 183
Many shops use carousels for a number of reasons, and limiting your point of view to only those who use carousels to include info in them and nowhere else on the websites make your argument very weak. What if a shop used carousel to display new collection, which is true to 99% of shops? You cannot base your whole website content marketing strategy on a single Google search without studying the topic further, which is the impression I have after reading your posts.
0 Likes

@Rockpapercopy wrote:
Many shops use carousels for a number of reasons, and limiting your point of view to only those who use carousels to include info in them and nowhere else on the websites make your argument very weak. What if a shop used carousel to display new collection, which is true to 99% of shops? You cannot base your whole website content marketing strategy on a single Google search without studying the topic further, which is the impression I have after reading your posts.

Just look at the number of sites here who include information in their carousel and no where else on the homepage. Just look at the site this very thread is in. You can't tell me to study a topic more when you have admitted to not understanding how carousels can hurt your conversion rate. If you have studied the topic to the same degree you are asking me to. Then you would see why carousels are not great for sites, are a bad trend and hurt your conversion rate. I have been studying carousels since 2013 when I worked on brands like ASOS and Jack Wills.

My point has do with helping ecom brands drive revenue. If my point was about content marketing, then my point would still stand as you hide things when they are in a carousel. Seriously go and study the topics but I don't plan to go in circles on a topic with someone who seem keen to admit they don't understand and yet at the same time are not going to study it. 

1 Like