Feedback needed on my new store

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi!

I've been running my store for about a month now and would like to get some valuable feedback from you. My store is www.classycyclist.net and I provide cycling accessories and apparel for cycling enthusiasts and commuters.

I manage to get around 200 visits a day but the conversion is close to zero. I'm currently updating my product descriptions with more laid back attitude, hopefully it will make a difference. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's disorganized right now. Cut down on how much product you show off... maybe add your top selling items only

2. Add links to your footer for about us, and your FAQ. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

3. Setup a main menu with less links. You can use a drop down function to achieve this. I would read your theme documentation to learn how to do this

4. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

5. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some are shot in a studio vs outdoor right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages or the bottles collection page. The little details is how you build a brand

Product Page Feedback

1. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

2. Make a sizing chart page and link to it from your product pages and in the footer. You don't want to deal with people buying the wrong size and returns/refunds

3. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. Some product like jersey's only had  1 or 2 images

4. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

5. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
472 47 238

Hi ClassyCyclist,

General

• There are far too many menu items in your navigation bar. This can make your customers or first time visitors feel overwhelmed. It is also harder to search and difficult to navigate your website. Ideally you would have 4 or 5 menu items in your navigation bar, so I would recommend trying to group together and categorize your menu items into dropdown menus.

Homepage

• I noticed that you have a newsletter subscription box. I would suggest adding a bonus (such as a discount code) to entice your site visitor to sign up.
  • If the social media icons/links at the footer can be opened at the new tab instead of the same tab upon click. This will ensure your visitors/customers stay on your store while checking out your social media presence.

Product

• Please add similar/related products in products details page. It will help you to get cross sales.
  • Product descriptions need to do more than simply describe the product. Product descriptions need to sell your products! Your customers should feel like they need that product after reading your product description.

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

If you need more detailed feedback, you can use our free analyzer tool. To use tool please click here.

FnLabs?

We are specialized in app development and theme customization for Shopify Stores. Our focus is on providing customizable and user-friendly apps to help store owners grow their business.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Tero,

I love the humor you used in your website copy. :) And I thoroughly enjoyed reading Tero's Corner. I would suggest you update your blog regularly. Not only does it help with SEO, it also helps establish your authority.

A few other comments/suggestions:

Logo - I would suggest you get a graphic logo to help with branding. You can get one for a reasonable price at Fiverr.com.

Navigation menu - It's cluttered at the moment. I would suggest organizing it better - perhaps by using a "Shop" main menu heading and then adding the rest as sub-menu. Or categorizing them into collections like these: Apparel, Bike Accessories, Home Decor, SALE. Of course, you can probably categorize them better.

Featured Products - I would suggest limiting your featured products on the homepage to two rows so that visitors don't have to scroll down longer than necessary.

Product Images - Most of the images have been edited with a white background, while others have not. I would suggest making your product images uniform as this helps make your site look more professional. And yes, putting your product images on a white background can help increase sales. We can help. Check out our app—you get 5 free images when you install it.

Product Description - You need to invest time in writing compelling product descriptions. Your descriptions should also use your keywords in addition to price, shipping information, what it does, what it feels and looks like, sizes/colors, availability, and anything else that will influence a buyer’s behavior.

Social Media Links - I suggest making these open on a new tab, so you don't drive traffic away from your site.

Happy selling!

Get 5 free images edited when you install our Shopify App https://apps.shopify.com/retail-ready-photos-by-pixc
0 Likes