Feedback needed!

Highlighted
Excursionist
50 0 3
Hi guys,

I’m looking to increase conversions on my new theme.

Is there anything you’d recommend improving / changing?

Any feedback is very appreciated!

Store URL: www.proteinpackage.co.uk
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @George_Greenhil.

I would love to provide some feedback on your store. Your overall store looks so attractive and professional and I love your products!

From my point of view, I have 2 recommendations: 

1. The spaces between sections in the home page

I would recommend removing the redundant spaces between these sections. 

In some cases, visitors can misunderstand these spaces are something like images or any information which haven't loaded and they can wait for this. 

So you can consider to remove these or decrease the width of them. 

Protein Package | Build Your Protein Package | Pick and Mix Protein UK 2020-02-06 09-08-38.png

1Protein Package | Build Your Protein Package | Pick and Mix Protein UK 2020-02-06 09-08-08.png

2. Improve PageSpeed on desktop and mobile 

I've just examined the loading time of your store on Google PSI on both desktop and mobile.

• The score on the desktop is better than mobile and If you can check by yourself, you can see the Defer offscreen images (a factor makes the delay loading of images that appear below-the-fold on the page) takes a lot of time. On mobile, it takes about 5.85s; on desktop, it takes about 0.93s.
  • Besides this factor, you can consider removing some unused CSS code of your theme and some third-party code blocked the main thread for 1,890 ms (on mobile).
  • Regarding your page weight ( the key factor of load speed) now is about 3.50MB and images on your page are now the heaviest contributor to page weight, so you should start with the image compression.  I can give some examples some of them taking too much 

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/e35/83891507_712647162598823_5203935756921647573_n.j...

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/s640x640/81646258_4023958150963552_300110...

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/e35/82906858_617809898763606_1706482581688170007_n.j...

I hope my recommendations can help you! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Protein Package,

A home button should be added to the beginning of the main menu for ease of navigation to the homepage. The currency converter should be placed beside the login and search bar for a systematic header view. Other essential points to be considered for store improvement are as follows:

1. The search landing page is disabled.
  2. A unique header template should be created of any other color apart from the blue for better visibility of the discount offer.
  3. The cart should be placed beside the login, search bar and currency converter instead of being in horizontal alignment with the main menu.
  4. The logo should be placed parallelly to the sidelinks on the extreme left of the header.
  5. The correct order of arrangement of sidelinks is as follows: login,searchbar, cart and currency converter.
  6. Instead of placing star ratings of reviews in the footer, add them below each product for a better customer choice.
  7. The correct order of arrangement of the footer links is as follows: Delivery, Help and FAQ, How it works,Klarna Pay Later, Returns, Terms and Conditions, Blog, Brand, About Us, Contact Us.
  8. The correct order of arrangement of footer elements is as follows: "Menu", "Newsletter" and "Subscribe" containing "Login" and "Register" respectively.
  9. Instead of using multiple newsletters, a single should be used in the footer for the latest updates on discounts, promotions etc.
  10. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  11.  Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparqs Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the store optimization leads to an increase in the sales rate very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
660 71 122

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. You've done some great work on the site so far! There are a couple of small changes I'd recommend: 

• Make sure banner images are hi-resolution. Some images appear pixelated. 
  • Browser notifications tend to annoy customers. I'd reconsider their use when you are getting started as a business! 
  • I'd like to know more about the mission statement of the business, and who is behind the scenes, and what sets you guys apart from the other competitors. 
  • Some video content would be great! 
  • This is definitely the type of business that would suit a blog, tackling some of the tougher questions surrounding macros for example. 

How are you planning to market the business? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1051 53 157

Hey @George_Greenhil ,

Your store looks very professional and captivating. For increasing conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale. You can send them in email review form to collect more reviews.

You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

If you would like to implement all these on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
50 0 3
Thanks so much!

Just one quick question. What do you mean by the search page is disabled? I seem to be able to access it fine. Well from what I can tell.

Thanks again
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
50 0 3
Thanks so much for your help!

I’m just wondering which images appear pixelated on your device? They seem to load okay to me?

Thanks so much for your help again! I will be implementing your advice!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
50 0 3

Thanks so much for your help!

I’m just wondering which images appear pixelated on your device? They seem to load okay to me?

Thanks so much for your help again! I will be implementing your advice!

@Cal 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
50 0 3

Thanks so much!

Just one quick question. What do you mean by the search page is disabled? I seem to be able to access it fine. Well from what I can tell.

Thanks again

@neha-sparq 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

My Pleasure! Happy to help you. Regarding your question, your store contains a search bar but, the search landing page is disabled which clearly means that the search result page is not visible as it has been disabled in the store theme. Kindly enable it to make it visible on your homepage for a better search experience.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes