Feedback on 2 of my stores - 1 Doing well see the report, could it be better? 2nd is a brand new one

Excursionist
49 0 5

Hi, I am just after some feedback on 2 stores please. First one is:

www.candorservices.co.uk

This store performs really well and averages between 10-15k per week. At the moment for this store, our only advertising is through a mailing list of 12000 customers, and Google Ads. We spend around 1-2k per month on advertising. Because of the nature of what we supply, our divide on device used is almost 50/50 between pc and mobile, and most conversions come from desktops so our site is mainly aimed at being desktop friendly although recently we have updated lots of the site to work better on mobile and the conversion rate is getting better.

We do not advertise on social media other than a few posts from our accounts to a few hundred followers. Again, the items being sold arent "glamorous" so not sure if social media is a way to push our brand and items more.

I would love to find new ways of growing this store as I know its not reached its potential yet and there must be other ways of bringing in new customers, as well as converting more of our visitors so any feedback on what I can change, improve or add to help would be great!

stats2.jpgstats1.jpg

My second store is https://toq976jstce5y3xq-29193240675.shopifypreview.com/  (Password to enter is 12345678)

This is a brand new brand and new way of me using Shopify. Im giving dropshipping a go and this is completely new to me and well out of my comfort zone. I have test products on the way to me so I can test and photograph so some of the images arent great yet until I get my hands on the items. 

Just after some feedback on the design, branding etc? This site will be promoted using social media more than Google as with the previous store, so is designed to work best on mobile but also well on desktop.

Its more of a test to see if i can create and grow a brand using social media and advertising methods.

Again any suggestions please let me know.

0 Likes

The man who chases two rabbits, catches neither.”

Hi @Karl_Huckerby 

Here is my story of "trying" to run two shopify stores at once.

2015 My business "cards and collectables r us" did about 25k in revenue while I was still working at my full time job. I thought you know what that's not bad for side income. I thought yeah lets try do some drop shipping also. The two months I was running two stores I started to make less money because my attention was split. So I closed the second store down and focused on just one. 

2016 My business did over 100k still while I was working at my full time job. I 4 x my sales being laser focused on the one business. 

2017 was seriously the best year of my life and it had a lot to do with all the hard work I put into that one business. 

2018 I started "Inspire Small Business" because I wanted to inspire other people to go after there dreams. I was still running "cards and collectables r us" I thought because I resigned from my full job that my old business would be a safety net in case the new business didn't work out. Guess what once again my focus was split. The day I closed Cards and Collectables r us is when Inspire Small Business started to take of and once again I 4 x my revenue ever since. 

I'm not saying you can't make two websites work. Some people can. I know I can't. Even Elon Musk with some of the greatest minds in the world nearly lost everything running multiple businesses. 

Hope this message was helpful and I wish you luck in what ever you decide to do. Keep up the good work. I believe in you. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

0 Likes
Astronaut
749 46 170

Hey Candorservices,

Maintaining an ecommerce store is very much important than building or running it as proper maintenance leads to good sales and conversion rates. In your case, the first store looks decent and professional, while the second one needs some improvement.

Regarding first store, 

• Add some more blogs and Instagram images to make it look more classy.
  • Add a detailed product description along with more images for better customer knowledge.

Coming to the second store,

• Add a few more products for a better variety.
  • Add an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
  • Add some bestsellers to the home page.
  • Offer some discounts as well.
  • Add some more blogs and Instagram images as well.

Apart from all this, 

1. I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  2. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope the feedback helps in store optimization.

Neha;)  

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes