Feedback on Cart page

Tourist
31 0 1
My store is www.hayacreations.com Store is around a month old. Majority of the visitors to my website add products to cart and then abandon. I am having difficulty understanding if there is any problem with my cart page. No visitor has till now reached the checkout page. Appreciate your valuable feedback.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Need some more info about your current metrics + some hypotheses that you could investigate:

1. Are users adding items to the cart? If they aren't, then the issue lies higher in the funnel.

2. How much traffic are you getting currently? A conversion rate of around 1% is supposed to be pretty good. If you don't have enough overall traffic, that could explain the problem.

3. If people are adding items to the cart, are they visiting the cart page? If not, the issue could be that they can't find the cart page. Personally, I felt the cart link was too small and almost hidden away in the top right corner.

4. By the way, consider changing the color of your Add To Cart and the Checkout buttons to green from red. Red usually drives away people. You might get a 10-15% increase by this change in color, but it won't solve the problem you mentioned.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Tourist
31 0 1

Traffic is very low. 10-20 visits per day. 

Yes. Users adding items to the cart. Please see the screenshot.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Yeah, low traffic is the main problem here. 1% conversion rate is good for established e-commerce shops - it will be lower for new shops. I think you need to get to a few thousands of visitors a day before you can optimize the rest of the funnel.

0 Likes
Tourist
31 0 1

How can i get traffic? I have done everything possible?

Social networking, google adwords etc. SEO fine tuning.

Am i missing something? How is my website in general?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 0 6

Hey Riyaz! 

It looks good! Social networking is a good one to keep up with :) Sharing unique items, sales, specials, etc. is a good start!

The "50 Ways to Make Your First Sale" post also has more tips on sales (many of the tips are still relevant after the first sale too!)

Good luck with everything!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
157 0 9

OT,

Ashley you are pretty. :P

0 Likes
Tourist
31 0 1

Thanks Ashley

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
181 0 34

Heya Riyaz. I hope the conversion numbers are getting better? We at ZapStitch are working with some top selling Shopify stores and observe some best practices which lead to reduced Shopping cart abandonments.

Using a live chat like Zopim/Olark is highly recommended. I see that you use Zopim. Here are the top 3 ways successful Shopify stores use the live chat tool to convert customers and reduce shopping cart abandonments. Click here for the tips with examples.

Hope this helps :) Would love to hear back from you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
58 0 4

the point about the green buttons is very interesting.  Can you point me to any links or publications on similar points?

0 Likes