Feedback on Homepage - toy storage box brand

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi, my homepage bounce rate is currently around 60%, which is high in my opinion. People are arriving via our Google Ads (PLAs and Search Ads), and via Instagram Ads. So means they are interested. But most are leaving right after they view the homepage.

Our website is www.kaikaiash.com, and we sell toy storage boxes.

I'd like to get feedback on what you all think of the homepage. If you were in the market for one, how can I improve the homepage to better persuade them that our boxes are for them, and that they don't need to look further?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 27 99

Hi @johnny5alive 

Hey congratulations on opening such a great store, honestly I like it a lot, but I think there might be a couple things you could consider changing.

Did you think about adding a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

After carefully reviewing I don't see a blog. Adding a blog to your site would help to increase SEO on your site.

One thing to consider is adding reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

If you found this review useful I created an email course here https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course where you can learn more ways to convert your customers

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hmmm, you're copying and pasting the same response to everyone. At least provide sincere, genuine feedback specific to our website if you want to well-represent your service/app that you're advertising.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Hello 

Honestly Your Store Is looks good but Not premium store. You used a simple free theme (supply theme). Firstly you should work on your product page because I think it does not look good. You also should change some text like "shop for". Actually the conversion rate mainly depends on your products. And you run PLA ads. In my experience, PLA ads are best for conversion. You just modify your store day by day and check user expiration, hope you get the best result soon.

subhan
0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Johnny

A 60% bounce rate is not bad tbh. I would not look at that as your metric of success though. You should be looking at sales and revenue from your traffics sources across Google, Facebook and Instagram. PLA aka Google Shopping will be sending traffic direct to your product pages and if that is not converting, then I would be worried. It could mean you bids are to high or your campaign structure is not correct. This assumes all your items are approved in your Google Merchant Centre and your shopping feed is the best it can be.

We have a couple kids brands as clients and I'll use that experience to give you feedback on the site. You have a beautiful site and the product images and photography across the site is perfect looking... easy to see and high rex photos. Here are some areas I would tweak if you were our client.

Homepage Feedback

1. Your main menu could use some work. You have City Design & Best Sellers in the main menu but then you have Favourites under the drop down menu. I would move over Favourites to the main menu. Then I would think about if  you want to build out a Shop By Colour section to go with the Pink collection. Either let people shop by popular colours or don't have this pink section. The pink looks weird by itself

2. I would move the Instagram feed to the bottom of your page and enlarge the pictures if you can... it will make it easier to see your product and rooms. Not sure if your home page needs "Top Sellers" and "Favourites". .. maybe just pick one?

3. I would consider making the text bigger in some places and easier to read. The section right below Top Sellers has pretty small text compare to the beautiful product images.

4. I don't think your contact us link jumps out as much on the footer.. took me a minute to realize I could contact you that way.

5. Carousels are not the best way to show off customer reviews as no one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders. I would look at tweaking the layout of this section.

6. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Collection Page  Feedback

1. You have a solid product page. I would read about how to 10x your category pages with SEO.

2. Some of your products main image is just the storage box and other times you show it a book case. I would pick one and stick with that as the main product image. That way when you look at all products, you don't have this miss match pattern on the page. It's a small detail but can have a major impact on what people think.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

As I said, your store is great and I'm loving the product and product images. These are some ways I would make the site even better.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

I really really appreciate you taking that time to write that up. That is so helpful.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Thanks for taking the time to write that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hey, good to know you have done so much effort and getting a lot of traffic though bounce rate is bit high.
If I was you, I would have done these changes as it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user friendly and eventually leads to sales.

You don't need to be disappointed, as store is decent,unique and attractive.

1. Ideally, Straightaway we need to land on homepage and first look at the banner images rather than any insta section.
  2. You can add more social media links, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest for better connectivity with the visitor on the site footer. 
  3. Offer some discount to encourage customers to buy from your store.
    Also, store is not optimised that great. Can you boost that up?
  4. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.
  5. Also, You have over 50 products. Don't you think, it's hard for someone to find the right product with the theme you have?
    I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like 
    Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
    Neha:)
Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted

You are welcome Johnny. Let me know if you ever need outside help with paid ads. Would love to chat.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes