Feedback on My Beauty Store (with Questionnaire)

briofbristles
Tourist
6 2 3

Hi there!

Looking for honest feedback and/or constructive criticism on my website, https://bristlesbeauty.com

Firstly here are things I'm already aware of/in the process of improving or implementing:

- Site Speed/Page Speed (any tips for doing this are appreciated!!)

- Reducing layering of pop-ups for mobile users

- Videos on product pages that showcase product usage/instructional information

- YouTube videos of reviews (adding soon)

- Quiz which allows customers to find the perfect brush to serve the function they're looking for

QUESTIONNAIRE:

I would appreciate it if you would answer this questionnaire; any additional feedback is also appreciated!:

1) Are you viewing on mobile or desktop?

2) Country of residence?

3) Did you receive the geo-location pop-up asking you to change to your relevant currency? If not, is there a currency option available for you?

4) Did the newsletter pop-up catch your attention, and if so, what sparked your interest?

5) What three words would you use to describe Bristles Beauty or the products offered by Bristles Beauty?

6) (Optional) What is your overall "feel" of the brand? What are the main details that you gathered?

Thank you very much in advance for any feedback!

Oxygen
2 0 0

I will answer to your questions with pleasure

1 Desktop

2 USA

3 NO

4 NO

5 high quality, cheap. large assortment

6 I would definitely recommend it for others. I use it for a long time and I'm sure in their quality

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
997 135 325

Hey @briofbristles,

I think you've done an excellent job on your website so far. Everything looks professional and well laid out and organized.

I have a few minor suggestions:

The section you see when you first land on your site is prime real estate. I'd recommend replacing the sale banner with a photo of your product. You can still have the text overtop but as a first time visitor I didn't know what it is your sold until I scrolled down, a photo would help. Again, as a first time visitor, when I scroll down and see the price tag for the brush set, I'm wondering why it's priced that way - I don't know yet that they are "hand-crafted in an 80-step process. No machines." because it isn't on the homepage. If I click "About Us" I would see that but again, for a first time visitor who may not take the time to search, you want that information to be front and center on the homepage. PS: If you want a banner made, we can do that for you. Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com.

bristles-home.png

To answer your questions:

1) Are you viewing on mobile or desktop? Desktop

2) Country of residence? Canada

3) Did you receive the geo-location pop-up asking you to change to your relevant currency? If not, is there a currency option available for you? No, it was automatically in CAD. 

4) Did the newsletter pop-up catch your attention, and if so, what sparked your interest? No, I tend to click off those automatically but 15% off is a great offer for anyone looking to buy.

5) What three words would you use to describe Bristles Beauty or the products offered by Bristles Beauty? I haven't used them but judging by the text and photos I'd say they are likely high quality and crafted with care.

6) (Optional) What is your overall "feel" of the brand? What are the main details that you gathered? Looks great, logo, photos and website look professional. Product looks to be high quality and unique. I think you have great potential!

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

PS: Make sure to grab your FREE Christmas store banners & pop-up’s!

Free-Christmas-Graphics.png

You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes

Hi @briofbristles 

Congratulations on your store, after spending a few minutes on your Homepage, I have some recommendations maybe useful for you to make it better.

1. Make headbar sticky 

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 16.30.24.png

When customers are in your store, they might have to scroll up and down many times. But when they're scrolling down they don't know what exactly how many products in their cart or wishlist. So make it sticky so they can still access to it anytime.

2. Hero banner

I found that your current hero banner might error. It deviates to the left so you need to fix it to display full-width as well.

Your description and CTA are not clear. You consider making another one to highlight your CTA.

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 16.33.00.png

3. Spacing & Head title

Your spacing is too tight, using a margin at least 100px between these sections inside your Homepage, so customers would be not overwhelmed when scrolling down.

And don't forget to insert the head title of each section, for example, what exactly these products below belong to? I guess that it could be top-selling in your store. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 16.43.30.png

4. Bundles

In this section, you just need to focus on how many money customers could save when they buy a bundle instead of a single product

The main thing is the discount price so make it big and highlight the discounted percentage.

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 16.47.48.png

Hope that my recommendation would be useful for you. Moreover, you can check this article to optimize your Homepage better and better.

Cheer!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 214 662

Hello @briofbristles, hope you are doing good! here is the feedback as per your questionnaire:

- Desktop

- India

- No geolocation popup appeared. No, the INR option isn't available. I recommend you to highlight the currency section to make it clearly visible for customers.

- Newsletter looks great. Yes, it's catchy. I recommend you to highlight the discount line in bold. 

- Appealing store with great products.

- Overall feel is great, I loved the look & feel of it. The store looks professional but there are some improvements that you can do to make your store even better. Below are some points:

• Display collection on the homepage with a thumbnail image ( eye brushes, face brushes, set bundles, precision brushes )
  • You can add an Instagram feed on the homepage.
  • You should add a loyalty program in your store. Many brands have started using the loyalty program to build long term relationships with their customers. To make customers purchase from you again you have to give them rewards and loyalty points. You can give welcome points, on allowing for push notification, on a sign-up, on following or sharing on social media, and many other activities. Engage them with gratification and build relationships with your customers by offering such kinds of rewards. It will help you to increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers, reviews, social media presence. 
  • Setup announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Oxygen
2 0 0

Joan says: I love to discuss beauty topics. Nowadays there are so many brands and products, so it is hard to trust every one of them. I’ve tried Bristles Beauty not so long time ago. I like their quality, price and variety of products. But also, I can recommend Lexmetics. Truly saying this brand I trust much more than Bristles Beauty though there is a noticeable difference in price. My favorite product of Lexmetics is the beauty mask which I could find at https://lexmetics.com/pages/3-color-beauty-mask and it helps me always look fresh even I’ve had a hard day. My best friend told me that I look younger than it used to be even 6 months ago. So, every brand has as advantages so and disadvantages. The most important is to find what will correspond your tastes.

Thanks a lot for sharing this information. I've never heard about Lexmetics but I'll try it

0 Likes