Feedback on My Blog Article

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
11 1 0

I wrote an article/blog which has been getting good traffic.

The intention of the blog is to send more traffic to my product page.

Let me know how the article/blog can be improved. It is short so won't take much of your time.

https://movelivefeel.com/blogs/news/what-the-best-p4p-boxer-vasyl-lomachenko-use-to-help-develop-his...

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
169 17 32

Hi, @uzi91!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

First off, it's awesome to see that you're blogging. Blogs are a great way to boost SEO and can add credibility to your brand, showing that your business is knowledgable about boxing and your product. Blogs also give you an opportunity to tell a story about your product, which is exactly what you've done. 

I really like your writing style; the blog post was easy to read and the use of bold font helps emphasis certain keywords and phrases. The images and GIF are also another really nice touch, and the fact that you added a link to the product is a great way to boost conversions.

My biggest recommendation is to start utilizing header tags. Headings add structure to your post, making it easier for customers to read and digest. They also help with SEO, indicating to search engines which content is most important. Yoast SEO actually has a great guide on SEO Basics: How to Use Headings on Your Site I think you'll find pretty useful. It does a great job at explaining how header tags work and why you should be using them in your blog posts.  

If blogging is something you plan on doing on a regular basis, it might be worth taking advantage of a blogging app like Blog Studio or Pro Blogger. Blog Studio allows you to customize the look at feel of your blog with a drag and drop page editor and includes templates for you to use. Pro Blogger, on the other hand, gives you the ability to display both related blog posts and related products at the bottom of each post, giving customers easy access to other blog posts, and most importantly, making it easy for customers to purchase products related to the post they're reading.   

Aside from these apps, it also might be worth checking out an online tool called Grammarly. While you did a great job with grammar, spelling, and punctuation, Grammarly is a "writing assistant" that will correct any mistakes. Before publishing posts, it's always a good idea to run your content through Grammarly, just to be sure that everything is correct. 

As you work on your next blog post, I recommend checking out this guide from Oberlo, called How to Write a Blog That Boosts Sales in 2019. This guide includes a list of blogging do's and don'ts and includes some blogging tools that you can take advantage of. It also includes a few examples of successful blogs to get you inspired, 

Overall, you've done a great job here! Are you already planning your next blog post? If so, what are you planning on writing about?

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
11 1 0

Hi, Julie.

Thank you for all the great pointers and tips!

As for the headings, is there a way to add headings to a blog made on shopify?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
169 17 32

No problem! 

Yes, you can most definitely add headings to blog posts created in Shopify. We actually have a help doc on how to format your text with headings I recommend checking out. Here's a screenshot of what that looks like: 

23-27-hp7ah-4gzbr

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like