Feedback on My Shop ~100 visitors/day = No sales

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey everyone!

First of all thanks in advance for any and all feedback! Looking forward to hearing from you guys and gals. 

Store Link :

www.motomachinaworldwide.com

Quick background. Started an Insta page for my motorcycle passion and started growing it and wanted to see if my design hobby could generate some extra income. Started my Shopify page and have been driving traffic through Insta boosted posts and sent off some samples to influencers in my niche. 

Long story short, I've been getting around 100 visitors a day for the past few days and about 500 visitors over the past week but am not converting any sales. I just put up a 20% off promotion to see if that would drive some sales. I was thinking that maybe my price point is just too high for a 2% conversion rate. 

Let me know what you guys think! Do I need to drive more traffic or offer lower price points? Or is there something else my store is lacking?

Can't wait to hear from you guys!

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Daniel_Co,

Just took a look at your store and I would like to give you some my recommendations for your home page. May it help!

• You should highlight your promotion banner.

Moto Machina Custom Canvas Motorcycle Prints 2020-07-30 21-59-20.png

The fact is when I visit your store, I scroll down without noticing this banner. Then I remember you mentioned that you put up a 20% off promotion so I scroll up to find it.

I think it’s because your hero banner is quite attractive and visitors pay attention to it, while your promotion banner is overshadowed. It’s possible that many visitors don’t know about your campaign.

• You should also make a sticky header.

Moto Machina Custom Canvas Motorcycle Prints 2020-07-30 21-59-20 (1).png

Sticky header helps customers easily access to any page on your store, specifically product pages or collection pages, although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky banner.

• And finally, a testimonial feature or product reviews 

A testimonial feature or product reviews is necessary if you want to have the customers’ trust. People love proof and it is also a motivation for them to decide a purchase.

There are so many tips that help you make a home page more amazing. Please refer to this article if you want to learn about personalizing your home page.

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group
- [Tutorial] How to customize Shopify product page: academy.pagefly.io/customize-shopify-product-pages.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks so much, I have updated the announcement bar to match the color of the hero banner print. Also added the code to make the header and announcement bar sticky 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 29 112

Hey there, @Daniel_Co!  

I know it’s hard to see traffic but no sales! You've already put a ton of work into your store, and it shows. Now let's see what we can do. 

Before we even start, there’s a huge issue with your banner - it’s not linked! When you don’t link a banner, you’re missing out on people clicking on it expecting to go somewhere. Sometimes, that can be a small update that results in more sales. If you use heatmaps (to see where people click and scroll), you will be able to see just how many visitors clicked on your banner. 

You mentioned your price point. That could be an issue. There are multiple ways to evaluate your price, but my favorite is to just ask. Create a poll that asks people something like “Is there something that prevented you from checking out today?” with an option for price included in your list.

In general, I have a few suggestions:

• Add a favicon. 
  • Make sure all of your email addresses are linked across your site. I found several in your policy pages that weren’t linked.
  • Spend some time watching session recordings (which act like a DVR for your website) to see how people use your site. Where are the pain points? Are they missing information, or is your process confusing? 
  • Lay out the process of getting the product made. For example, what is step 1? Step 2? How do they get started? If I add a product to my cart, how do I then turn it into art? 
  • For your art, maybe it’s time to reset the collections. Framed Canvas and Gallery Wrapped Canvas have shared images, so why not combine them and offer both as options on a product page?
  • Don’t leave shipping costs to the checkout. Your customers need a way to calculate it before they check out. If they’re ordering a $140 canvas but shipping is $50, they may just abandon their carts. Don’t let them be surprised! 
  • For the product pages, put the size in relation to something else - like a lamp or a chair. Help them visualize it in their space.
  • I would revamp your main navigation. Use click heatmaps to see where people are clicking (or not) and move the less popular options to the footer. That way you would expand on your collections in the main navigation.
  • Since you do have low sales but high traffic, that could mean that you’re targeting the wrong audience OR they don’t understand exactly what you sell. In heatmaps, you should be able to filter to campaign-level details to understand which campaigns work and which ones don’t. 
  • For the issue of people not understanding what you sell or how to order, live chat comes into play. You would be able to talk to visitors and answer their questions before they leave your site. 

I know it’s frustrating to have the traffic coming in but not the sales. Visitor behavior is going to show you exactly what’s stopping them from turning into customers. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks Danny! I've addressed some of the issues you mentioned; linked emails, explained production process, included that shipping is free for all US orders, and revamped the drop-down menu to hopefully make it more streamlined, and included more mockups on product pages, and linked the announcement banner straight to a collections page. 

Hopefully this helps. I'll check out livechat and heatmaps on Lucky Orange. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. You can also accept this post as a "Accepted Solutions" if you found it extra helpful! Good luck.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes