Feedback on My Store ( No Sales but some Traffic )

Koidian
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi,

I have been operating my Shopify Store as a Dropship Store with the view of making a little extra cash !!!

Problem is I get traffic , but no sales and it is frustrating me ALOT .

Any feedback or ideas from the "experts" out there would be appreciated 

Koidian
Tourist
7 0 4

Thanks for the heads up !

Hi, since we don't have your store here to check closely, I just can provide you some suggestions as below: 

Check the source of the traffic and your analytics: If you are getting traffic from Ads, make sure the ad content and the landing page don't conflict with each other. If they are traffic from your social pages, resonate them even more with your content, finally they will buy from you.

Page speed: Lots of people are talking about it recently, as many purchases are made on mobile, if the site is too slow to load, people will leave. And they don't trust the store either.

You may check the page speed with Google speed insights, Speedboostr,... in order to know if your store scores too low.

The next step would be: 

- Identify the main causes

- Find an appropriate fix: In most cases, low page speed is caused by oversized images, you can use some image optimizing tools to reduce the image's weight. Sometimes, too many 3rd party apps can slow down the page too => remove what you don't use anymore to increase page speed.

For more tips about improving page speed, you can check our guide here https://pagefly.link/xQKRAfpQ (We recommend image optimizers there as well, both online & offline tools)

Check cart page & checkout page: If you already have some visitors add to cart, but they leave the cart. Let's add the product to cart and check the cart page and checkout page yourself.

Is there any thing that is missing / confusing on the page?

Is there any CTA thats tell the visitors that you're offering another discount / coupon? => it can make the visitors hesitate and think there're better deals from you and they will have to look for it and leave the cart.

Improve trust for your store: 'trust' is somehow abstract and varies greatly on each visitors. Make sure you add some elements to enhance the brand credibility. For example: add reviews, rating and trust badges. We have reviewed most popular review apps on Shopify here https://pagefly.link/sJtxWYJx You may consider using one of them.

Other things can be done to improve trust: Add FAQ page, Return & Policy page and make them easy to find on your store (in the footer, and / or near the Buy section).

For some reasons, the visitors may be not ready yet to buy but they have some interest on your products, so I think you can place a subscribe form and provide the visitors some incentives if they decide to subscribe. Klaviyo, Omnisend or MailChimp can work very well, I just name some.

Also, if you want more flexibility to custom your pages, I'd love to introduce our product PageFly Landing Page Builder - We have been in the conversion rate optimization field for 5 years and providing solutions for more than 100,000 customers. I believe you will find it come in handy in optimizing your pages, enhance the user flow. Our page builder is developed will minified code and lazy loading features (delays the load of objects until they are needed), so page speed won't be much of the problem. We have a Free plan when you can use all features, so I hope give us a try.

I hope some ideas above are useful for you. If they are, please give me a 'like'.

If you can share your store with me here, it'd be great too. I will take a further look. Have a nice day!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2812 176 472
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 214 669

@Koidian, I hope you are doing well! please share your store URL so I can look into it and provide you feedback. 

Thanks

AiTrillion

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hello @Koidian 

Provide your website URL

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
295 58 183

Hey there, @Koidian!  

That’s one of the worst feelings in the world. You put in the effort and time, but the sales just aren’t there. 

Like others, without knowing your store’s URL, it’ll be hard to give you specific details. But here’s some general advice.

Use visitor behavior
If you aren’t using it already, now is a good time to start. This includes things like heatmaps (to see where people click) and session recordings (to see what happened during a visit). A colleague of mine has a great video that tackles this same issue for another Shopify store: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssmhY8OlJfg&t=5s

When you use visitor behavior, you get a better picture of why people aren’t checking out or what hurdles they are facing as they move through your store. 

Not all traffic is good traffic
There’s a common misconception that any and all traffic is good, but that’s not true. This is where session recordings come into play. You can filter recordings by source or even UTM parameter, meaning you can watch what people from your top traffic source are really doing.

Are they clicking around? Are they confused?

Don’t look like a dropshipper
As a merchant, you have to build trust with your visitors the moment they land on your website. Unfortunately, too many dropshippers miss that mark.

• Own your niche: Dropshipping is almost too easy in that some merchants add every and any product. However, you’ll be more successful if you have a clear niche.
  • Customize and customize some more: Remove the standard dropshipping bullet description. Draw your visitors in with fun descriptions and instructions they want to find, like wash directions.
  • Avoid keyword stuffing: Again, this may not be you. Many dropshipper have products like “Mens work shorts khaki cargo shorts for men” as a product title in hopes that they can improve their SEO. It doesn’t work like that. Instead, add unique product names.

Connect with your visitors
Do this through a live chat and a survey/poll that asks, “What stopped you from checking out today?” You may find that it’s a different reason that you suspected.

Optimize your homepage

This is where your heatmap comes into play. See where people are clicking (or not) and how they scroll. If they are clicking on the main navigation with little scrolling on the homepage, your visitors aren’t even making it anything below your hero image. So if your hero image is missing a CTA, adding one could make a lot of difference.

If you want to provide your URL, I and others here would be more than happy to lend you some advice. In general, I highly suggest that you implement visitor behavior to understand what’s going on. The more you understand, the more you can get to the bottom of the conversion issues.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Koidian
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi thanks for reaching out .

Our URL is www.koidian.com

Thanks

0 Likes
Koidian
Tourist
7 0 4

Thanks for reaching out .

My url is www.koidian.com

0 Likes
Koidian
Tourist
7 0 4

Thanks Danny for your advice .

All makes perfect sense and some things I have already tried .

Just really at a loss and about to just close it and start again with another style and maybe another e-commerce platform .

You cant make people buy products , but I am at a loss to understand how people are making hundreds to thousands a day on this .

What does not help is Facebook blocks your merchant account no matter what you do !!!

0 Likes