Feedback on My Store Please

Solved
MJSalesLLC
Excursionist
13 0 2

Hi, My store has now been open now for about a month and a half, but still, no-sells.  Will someone please take a look at my store and tell me what I am doing wrong.  Thanks

HTTP://mjsalesllc.net

0 Likes
pemystore
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi, 

I would advice you to change the big banner image that you see when you first enter the store. I think it should show what kind of shop you are. For example, it took me more than 5 seconds to understand what you are selling. Customers generally are not that patient and they need to understand less than 5 seconds. Also you can improve your photography. Customers want to see bigger, catchy images Hope it was helpful  

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked your store and I have a few feedback on it, and I hope it helps.

Homepage

RichardNguyen_0-1618736321078.png

Firstly, your menu bar could be more diversified to optimize your product page. You have some essential tabs: Home, Shop.  I would suggest you add some more tabs such as: Contact us, featured collections, FAQs, or even product categories. That will make your customers get to know you better. Therefore, their buying journey is much more enjoyable. 

Also, the white space in the first section should be removed if you want to optimize the page for the user interface.

Add Sticky Header

I would suggest you use ONE sticky header. A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. 

Banner

Banner is the first impression of your store. Your banner should be full width to align with others sections of your home pages. 

RichardNguyen_1-1618738398661.png

RichardNguyen_2-1618738425351.png

There are too many collections on the home page and they seem not to be aligned. A buy button should be added to every single product. You have added to cart button but it shows in form of an icon and visitors might miss it if they don’t hover on the image. 

Chatbox and Testimonials can be added to your homepage as well. Customers will feel more engaged in your store. 

Product page

RichardNguyen_3-1618738544220.png

Invest in bespoke imagery 

More product images should be added (3-5 images from different angles per product). Don’t just show what a product looks like but how it works in real life. Your products are lovely and unique so lifestyle shots will be a game-changer in conversion rate optimization 

Return Policy

Customers get hesitant to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on the product page. 

The actual return policy, in particular, the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy-to-read and clear for customers. 

Use Delivery Date

Once a purchase decision is made, the buyer is excited to get your product on their hand as soon as possible. When viewing “Standard Shipping — 3 business days. Get it by April 4th”, visitors get the urgency to make the purchase. 

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder.  

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.
Survive 2021 with top secrets from e-commerce leaders
MJSalesLLC
Excursionist
13 0 2

Thank you so much for your response.  It has a lot of useful suggestions that I will utilize.   I knew the white bar on the home page was there but I did not know how to remove it.

I also do not know anything about adding a sticky menu.   The pictures I will not even go into.   Thanks again for all your feedback it is really helpful.

0 Likes
NikkiElizDeMere
Excursionist
66 6 29

Hi @MJSalesLLC!

• Update the yellow banner across the top to be more compelling. Right now it just reads "free shipping" but that information can be shared elsewhere and this banner is taking up important real estate on the home page. What do you really want potential customers to know right away that they might not search for or discern on their own?
  • Replace "Welcome to our store!" with a unique value proposition
  • Where is the traffic coming from? Is it “qualified”? (The right target audience, etc.)
  • Add content to the home page instead of just immediately showcasing products.
  • Add a live chat functionality to your site to gather qualitative data.
  • Consider a different call-to-action for your slider in the bottom right-hand corner (or update it so that it only appears after a certain amount of time, etc.). I just visited the site for the first time and was immediately prompted to sign up for the newsletter before I even knew what the site was about, so I responded by closing the box.
  • Add photos of each product in context - for ex., a lamp turned on in a room. People want to see exactly how the product will look if they purchase it. Just having a visual representation of the product doesn't make it compelling enough to purchase it. 
  • Gather social proof in the form of written reviews, video reviews, photos taken by customers (create a unique hashtag and encourage them to use it and tag you on Instagram, etc.)
  • What is the theme of the store? It seems to be a collection of very different things. What's the backstory? What brings it all together? Share the backstory on the About Us page.
CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
168 11 60

Hello @MJSalesLLC 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on:

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• Your store logo might need an improvement as a company’s Logo grabs attention, makes a strong first impression, is the foundation of your brand identity.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different or products easily. It also helps you get a feedback about your products.

• Add a Chatbot. You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3005 174 549

Hello @MJSalesLLC, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- Banner image should be attractive and related to the products that you are selling.

- On the collection page, display the collection in the grid view and not in the list view.

AiTrillion_0-1618825350987.png

- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

- Add a review carousel on the homepage.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
MJSalesLLC
Excursionist
13 0 2

Thanks for your response.  I will utilize these suggestions.

0 Likes
MJSalesLLC
Excursionist
13 0 2

Thank you for all your suggestions and I will definitely look into the app.

0 Likes
MJSalesLLC
Excursionist
13 0 2

Thank you for your response.  You bring up some very good questions and your suggestions will be very useful to me.  I have a lot of thinking and hard work to do ahead of me.

0 Likes