Feedback on My Store Please?

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

https://www.jwlifestyle.club

Hi guys, I've opened the store for a while and posted paid ads on pinterest, sixads and other traffic boost apps or websites. The total traffic now is up to 1000. However, no conversion at all. Could you please leave your advice? Thank you. Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
344 36 93

Hi Jason,

Thank you for reaching out today and sharing your store with us. I've taken a look at your website and think you've done a great job so far, but I do have some suggestions that I believe will improve the look of the site and, hopefully, improve your chances of gaining some conversions.

The first thing I was drawn to was the text you had on your slideshow images here;

19-10-o080s-1hkud

My initial thought is that this font, and the underlined formatting, is a bit of an eyesore. This is purely an aesthetic preference, of course, but as this is one of the first things that your customers see, you'll want to make sure that your imagery looks as clean and attractive as possible. I personally find the underlined formatting to be a bad look, and the font used here looks rather bland and uninspired.

As I scrolled down the page, I also noticed this text block:

19-10-u8pk8-5gzi3

This text is incredibly hard to read, for two reasons - it's far too small, and the grey colour does not contrast well with the white background. I had to squint and move my head closer to my monitor just to read it. You never want to make things difficult for your site's visitors as something like this could lead to someone navigating away from your store. I'd advise using a darker colour here so that the text contrasts more with the white background, and also enlarging the text. This problem is also present on some other pages, such as the About Us page, Your site's design should always be made with ease-of-use a top priority. 

You will also want to consider your grammar and formatting across the site to ensure all prose reads well and makes sense. Take this text, for example:

19-10-cxv7j-pgde8

There are no spaces between some words and no punctuation, plus this text does not read as a coherent sentence. This sort of thing immediately makes your store look unprofessional and it's highly unlikely that customers will want to buy from a business that has this sort of error on their website. You want to inspire confidence and trust in your business, so make sure that all text reads well and is properly formatted.

Making these changes will not guarantee conversions, but it reduces the chance of losing customers shortly after their arrive at the page. Before you run any more ads, I'd recommend going through the entire site and make sure you have everything looking as professional as possible. Share your store with friends and family and ask them what they like and don't like about the site, and if they would buy from this store or not. Gaining as much feedback as possible so you can really optimize the site before you run more ads should be your priority at this point.

Finally, you may also want to check out the Conversion Rate Optimization section of the Shopify Blog - there's a number of articles here that address different ways of increasing conversions on your store. I do of course also welcome any other members reading this thread to offer their advice and provide any feedback they have for your store as well.

Thanks again and please let me know if you have any further questions or comments!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @jxlifestyle 

Hey nice job on your store. Honestly it's quite good, I like it a lot. There are a few tiny things I would change.

One thing you might want to add is a blog. Adding a blog to your site would help to increase SEO on your site.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like