Feedback on My Store Please!

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3

I'm on zero sales since restructuring my store. Really need a fresh pair of eyes to look at it. Thanks!

https://braveback.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
44 2 5

Hey,  I reviewed your site. I have a recommendation: if you can not make sales, you may use apps for increasing trust by using social proof and urgency. The best one is Nextsale app. It is a plugin that helps you to get sales from traffic and increase the rate of conversion. This app differs from all competitors by having the lowest pricing as well as the all in one dashboard. Here you don't have to pay various costs for social proof and urgency separately. You just pay the same amount of money from some period of time ( at the first stage it is free) and use both urgency tools% social proof.

The link is below,  try it for free. Good luck with your store! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1174 58 350

Hi Cameron! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

You have a defined niche and a target customer which is perfect. Your homepage informs right away what you are selling, which is great for conversion rate.

As you scroll down past the first featured image, I feel there’s too much text - and it's not very user-friendly. The information is written in a very technical way [great for more in-depth pages], however, the homepage should be made skimmable and easy to understand for someone visiting it for the first time.

I’d recommend featuring your product right below the homepage, in place of the text area:

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 06.13.31.png

You can feature it on the homepage but below the featured image. Consider also writing it in a more “general knowledge” language. It will make it more accessible, which will not only improve your conversion rate, but also SEO [user-friendliness].

Use Bausch-Kincaid readability tool - included in WordCounter https://wordcounter.net/ - to make sure it has a good reading level.

The rest of the elements on the homepage look perfectly fine. My only suggestion is that the website colors feel a little “heavy” - not sure if perfect for your specific niche. The dark colors don’t really reflect the relief for tired knees your product offers - it’s a deeply subconscious level impression, but can definitely affect conversion rate with your target audience.

I’m not sure how your website looked before the restyle, however if you noticed the sales disappeared after you changed the website look, perhaps the colors are to blame here. I’d recommend running an A/B test for a week - change the website background to white/cream [with blue accents as you do have now], and see if it makes a difference in terms of conversion rate.

If you have Google Analytics installed, please see how people interact with your website - if the bounce rate is higher since the redesign, it means people don’t spend a lot of time browsing the site and click back. That can mean the design doesn’t really invite them to browse further.

Your About us page - is your strongest selling point. You actually tell that you have designed the product yourself, you have a good understanding of the market and the knee problems people have. The homepage doesn’t reflect that, and it’s really good information that can help you engage with your target customers on a more personal level and boost sales.

Consider telling about your story on the homepage [in the form of a short paragraph] including your photo [no sunglasses]. This is a very powerful way to connect with your customers, and I’m confident it will help you significantly boost your conversion rate.

Blogging - you have a perfect niche for blogging. Consider writing articles regularly - you can talk about how to prevent knee injury when jogging, doing other sports, etc. or how to look after the knees after a recent injury. This is a great way to keep your visitors on the website for longer, and also to get more traffic from Google from people interested in these topics. 

Blogging is powerful - it helped me get to Google page #1 in only four days with this blog post: Breadcrumbs in SEO. I discuss how to write articles that rank on page #1 in my Facebook group 30 Days 2 Page 1 - join it now!

Your SEO score is 50/100

Google snippets - consider optimizing your meta title and meta description for your homepage, all pages, products, and future blog posts. Currently, your homepage snippet looks like this:

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 06.31.55.png

Your meta title is “BraveBack KneeTomizer – Brave Back” and meta description is “The Solution To Your Physical Pain.” Your main page title mentions your brand name twice, however, it doesn’t say which problem you’re fixing, which is a missed opportunity. Consider focusing on the benefits you offer, and not on the product features - that’s a great approach when writing copy that sells. 

Make good use of the full character allowance in your meta description [160 characters] to make your listings stand out with an offer and call to action. This snippet is very important, and it’s worth spending more time optimizing it. It’s often the first interaction with a potential new customer, as this snippet is displayed in Google search results. Make sure it’s inviting and irresistible so people click your listing once they see it. Otherwise Google might drop it as non-relevant to the search results, which will affect your traffic and SEO. Let me know if you’d need help writing irresistible, well converting Google snippets for your websit....

You seem to have two domain names pointing to your website - perhaps the default Shopify domain and your custom domain. Without a 301 redirect request set up, search engines can read your website as two different sites with a duplicate content, which might affect your SEO rank. Consider setting 301 redirect by following this guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/online-store/menus-and-links/url-redirect 

Your website loads in over 3 seconds:

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 06.35.38.png

That’s really slow. You should aim to load your website in under 2 seconds. That can also be a factor behind a lower conversion rate - people might be annoyed by slow loading pages and decide to shop elsewhere. Make sure to discuss this matter with your web designer, as if they changed the look and layout, the new elements don’t load as fast as they should. 

If you’d like to fix the above web design and SEO issues [homepage layout, website colors, loading speed, Google snippets, writing stronger sales copy and more], please reserve your full website redesign package here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/ecommerce/ 

If you liked this website critique, and would like to request a review of your own store, please click here now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1902 37 230

Hello,

I just had look into your website.
Your product https://braveback.com/products/braveback-kneetomizer item image is blurry, I suggest you can use all images are in high quality then looks more appropriate.
Have you promoted your products through social media pages regularly? I am unable to find your store's Facebook page and Instagram page. You can add your website Facebook page under Facebook icon.
Selling a single thing in existing conditions involves concern. Your thinking was great. Selling in a store with couple of thousand things are low, how are you selling something very similar? I mean How are you getting deals from single thing? When you can think it.

Just this isn't worth for each online store. Furthermore, the majority of guests are not intrigued to remain additional time on this sort of store. On the off chance that customers needs just iPhone case(with 36 playable amusements from our adolescence) at that point just they will visit your store on the off chance that they like, at that point those are buy else they go to another locales. Its relies upon the guests state of mind.

I recommend You can expand your specialty, You can improve your idea.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
1 Like