Feedback on My Website

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

www.Twelve31jewels.com  

Would love suggestions as to how the website looks at first glance. Does it draw you in and make you want to delve deeper, if not would like suggestions. I have lots of people look, but not a lot of purchases. We have a few pictures to replace and I will be done with the website. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1208 60 359

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here  

Your store looks really good, and I love the name! When it comes to the homepage, consider adding more CTAs - calls to action - to convert more visitors into buyers. At the moment, your hero images and other promo content are too neutral, as they are not linked to any collection/product, and they prompt people to take action [i.e. with a "Shop Now" button]. Make sure to optimize them, add a short tagline to each image and a CTA.

Featured image - is also not linked to the product, or doesn't have a Shop Now button:

Screenshot 2020-11-03 at 03.25.11.png

Social media links in the footer - make sure to paste in the links from the profiles, as they are not working. For example, the Instagram link should be  http://instagram.com/Twelve31Jewels not http://instagram/Twelve31Jewels [missing .com] and I believe it's https not http

Screenshot 2020-11-03 at 03.26.21.png

Contact us page - consider adding a short paragraph here too. Few sentences such as: “Contact us now with any questions. Email us at [your email address] or fill in the form below and press “Send”. We will get back to you within 24 hours.” will feel more personal and be inviting for people to reach out and contact you.

The product page looks excellent. Consider adding a related items section to your product page as well - it will help you improve the average order value through cross-selling and also make people browse more items in your store. See how to cross sell with related items: https://apps.shopify.com/cross-sell

Consider adding more trust signals, such as: About us page, Shipping policy and Returns policy. This alone can help you improve your conversion rate - people like to have this info clearly displayed and accessible on the website, before committing to buy.

The shipping info is especially important for many people - they would love to know how much is the delivery before they start shopping, whether you deliver to their location, can they pick work delivery address, will there need to be someone to sign for the delivery etc. Covering these topics in your policy can reassure your potential customers, it can build trust and make them feel comfortable going ahead and ordering from you. Leaving these questions unanswered can significantly affect your conversion rate.

Returns - consider adding this page as well. Define your refund policy, the returns period, do you accept returns once the product has been opened etc. Defining these terms will make your visitors feel confident shopping from you, and it will also help you avoid unpleasant surprises later on.

About us page - consider adding this page as well with info about your company, and about your team. It can help you build trust further and improve your conversion rate. It’s a great place to introduce yourself and tell your visitors who’s behind the scenes. This page is perfect for building trust, so don’t miss out on the opportunity to build a rapport with your customers. Trust plays a huge role for online shoppers - people love to know who they are buying from and a great About us page can help you earn extra points and improve your conversion rate. Make sure to add a photo of yourself and your team and tell your visitors some interesting facts about each of the team members.

Consider adding more written content to the website - ideally on a regular basis. Google loves written content, so blogging regularly can help you improve your SEO. Blogging is powerful - it helped me get to Google page #1 in only four days with this blog post: Breadcrumbs in SEO.

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve complete website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/  

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
744 17 203

Hi @CTC3 !

I recommend changing the product images. 

Change the theme. https://the4.co/collections/premium-shopify-themes - try this collection, they have very cool themes.

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
Highlighted

Hi @CTC3 , this is PageFly Team.

I have just browsed through your store and would like to share some of my initial thoughts and suggestions that hopefully, can help you increase your sales. First, you can check out this article on how to build a high-converting landing page.  

1. The logo is pretty big leaving a lot of white space in the heading, which normally can be used for banners or promotions.
  2. Images are not consistent. It’s great to have products both close-up and in real-life context, just by looking at the Featured product, there is little consistency in your product layout. You can consider having close-up image as the 1st display image then people wearing it as second hover image. In that way, customer will look at the product in detail first and hover to it, they can see what it looks like when tried on.
  3. More CTA buttons. Even though we don’t want to overwhelm our customers with too much CTA everywhere they go but enough CTA setup at the right place would act as a little push towards purchase decision. For example, CTA can be set in the Hero Image, which currently does not contain much information, or Add to Cart/Shop Now in Product List and Collection.
  4. I am not sure about the purpose of this post, even though it looks great. It would be more sale-boosting if it can a slide of collection where I can click on rather than a mere display.
  5. Include Return & Shipping Policy. Online shopping is very much different from going to physical store as there’s no way they can test the product quality. Thus, having transparent policy would be a trustworthy assurance for your customer when purchasing your product.

I know that building an online store is nowhere near an easy task. You must have invested a lot of time to make this work. Overall, I think you’ve created a nice-looking store, it just needs a tool to make it function more properly and actually convert. PageFly would be an efficient solution to your store to add Conversion rate optimized tools with no coding needed!

If you find this helpful, please Like and mark as Solution. Good luck!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
28 4 10

Hi @CTC3 

I've looked from the technical point of view.

You are using the Debut theme. Scripts are deferred, styles are minified. That's good. You have Lazysizes.js library, which will optimize the loading of the images. That's good.

Please, be aware and not install a lot of apps, because this will bring down your store speed.

The overall impression from the tech side is good.

From the visitor point of view I can say:

1. Logo is really too big. You basically not presenting your products but your logo. You can make it 120px wide:

Screenshot at Nov 03 10-33-28.png

2. You definitely need to have a better Contact page, About Us, Return Policy, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, Cookie Policy pages to gain customers' trust. I see your products but I know nothing about you and your company. Check my article about this: https://ottomen.tech/shopify-compass-4-online-store-first-impression/. I've studied Shopify Compass "Start a business" course and made an article with important topics for the pages and home page improvements.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
377 29 118

Hello @CTC3,

Congratulations on your store. I've taken a look at your store. Nice collection! I've some suggestions for improvement.

1. Your store's header is not looking professional. The logo is taking too much space. Align the logo to the left side instead of center aligning. And also reduce the size of the logo.
2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
3. Align the product description in product pages correctly.
4. You can add testimonials on the Home page to make the store look more professional.
5. The Instagram link given is broken. Add the correct one.
6. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
7. Optimize your footer with a more professional and functional look. Add pages like About Us, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, etc to the footer.
8. A FAQ would be useful!
9. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
10. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.
11. Add a section for email Newsletter in the footer to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.
12. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1442 73 244

Hello @CTC3, I hope you are doing good! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- In the header, there is a lot of whitespace. Shift the logo at the left side & the header menu to the top. Add the CTA button on the banner image. 

Screenshot (18).png

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Add policies in the footer. Add shipping policy, privacy policy, return & refund policy.

For getting conversions, add eCommerce marketing & customer engagement tools in your store. These are very essential to have in an eCommerce store:

• Start giving loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notifications, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
  • Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the losing customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
  • Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
  • You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.
  • Add FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), this page allows visitors to find answers to all their questions in one place.
  • Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
96 7 30

Hi @CTC3 

Just had a look at your store. Here is my feedback. The homepage banner carries the first impression so we have to make sure that the content we showcase in it should captivate the audience right away. Why not add a short marketing video to the homepage showcasing your products and highlighting your brand positioning.

Video content also has a tendency to go viral so besides on the homepage, you can also publish it to your social media platforms. Overall the website seems good. 

The lack of conversions is not due to the website layout, I feel it's due to the right audience and the right kind of incentive. Since there is a lot of competition online you have to be unique and interactive to sell your products. Customer relationship holds the key here and the more we interact with our customers, the better. I would suggest trying adding Facebook live chat widget in there so that you can take the queries directly and answer them. Also, one important factor is the abandonment rate, make sure you can check what is your cart abandonment rate so that you can plan it better to retarget the lost customers and send them reminders and incentives/discounts in order to win them back. I would suggest CareCart apps for this strategy, you can check those as they are very cost-effective and simple to use. Once you start getting some initial sales, make sure to add a sales pop up in there in order to establish social proof for your audience. This will also help in fast conversions. I wish you all the best for your store. 

Abandoned Cart Recovery by Email: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
247 9 73

Hey there @CTC3 Here's what I'd like to say about your store - 

1. Your logo is occupying too much space there in the header section. Try and revamp your logo and sync it with your header menu. 

Rest, your looks pretty decent! But I don't see much of the CTAs in your store .. didi you try adding them? (apart from add to cart and buy now buttons!). 

All in all, you need to work on the user interface of your store - which will help you in enhancing your store's layout to increase the user's experience while they are in your store! 

We wish you all the best for your Shopify journey! With the festive season on its way, be prepared to handle the rush of holiday shoppers! Upcoming 5 days might prove to be a turnaround for your store! 

I'm from CedCommerce - a dedicated eCommerce agency that's on a journey to help online sellers with their store development, promotion, and integration to global marketplaces! 

Let me know if we can be of any help to you! 

Happy selling! .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

Thank you so much for all your suggestions, I am working on them now. Great advice.