Feedback on Shop portion

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Hi 

We launched our site a few months ago to adjust to Covid.  I'm not sure we set up the Products in the back end correctly.  The site works right now but I think it could be better.  We are in the process of upgrading the theme - (whole other story) 

www.thepastashoppe.ca

Should we have more Collections?  Should each Pasta be its own product or a variant?   

Something is missing and I can't put my finger on it, I feel like there is a quick fix that I'm overlooking 

Thanks  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Kpizzolato,

First of all, I want to commend you on pivoting during this time. Bringing your pasta online was SMART. Love that you are offering free local delivery and the pasta kits are absolutely brilliant.

To answer your question about collections/variants. When I click on fresh pasta, it leads me to this page:

pasta-product.png

I have to make a second click on fresh pasta again to see all of the fresh pastas. Instead what I would do is when you click on that first link from the dropdown, I would have it lead to a collection page where you see all of these types of pastas for purchase.

pasta-product2.png

Same idea as what you have for your winter fresh collection:

screencapture-thepastashoppeonline-ca-collections-winter-fresh-pasta-2020-11-13-09_31_44.png

You mentioned that you weren't sure if you set up the products properly on the backend, we made a video walking you through all of the options for products, what they mean and what you need. You can watch it here:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Again, great job I wish you all the best!

CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY, PRIZES EVERY WEEK!
You could win: a custom store banner, custom logo & favicon, 1 hour of store tweaks or a complete store re-design!
Click to enter the giveaway! FREE gift for everyone who signs up!
Highlighted
Excursionist
38 0 11

Hey @Kpizzolato

I hope you’re doing well.

I have inspected your store and here’s my report:

Your store looks really great, you did really well on the visuals of the store. I like the homepage and the flow. Furthermore, I visited the products and found that their descriptions are good but some of them are similar to other websites. 

According to Google, if your products have common or copied descriptions your products will not rank high in the search rating sometimes they don’t even show up in the search results. 

Also about your product titles, they look very simple i.e. just the product name but a good product title should have all the essential qualities of the product in the title. And also they help in improving the overall SEO of your store. Take Amazon’s product titles for example they are informative and always show up on top in search results.

Lastly, I would like to talk about your store’s On-Page SEO rating which is really bad. If you wish to make your store more visible and reachable you should have a high SEO rating. Your SEO rating is a combined rating of how well your store will perform in search results higher the score higher the chances of being on the top result. You can improve it by making your Titles and Product description SEO optimized. Other than your product title and descriptions, the most important factor which affects your SEO rating is Meta Description, it's really important and most of the stores don't pay enough attention to it and then complain about the less traffic and conversions. 

Meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. The meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions.

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1543 77 263

Hello @Kpizzolato, I hope you are doing well! Here are a few quick tips:

- Yes, you can add more collections. You should have a wide range of products. Internet shoppers will likely spend more time and more money on your online store if you have a wide variety of products to offer. If you only have a limited range of offerings, you might miss out on making sales.

- Add a call to action button on the slider images

- Add reviews on the product page & homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors.

- Add marketing tools & customer engagement tools to maximize customer engagement in your store. It will help you to increase the conversion & retention rate. Every eCommerce store has these essential tools which help in keeping the customers engaged in the store and increase repeat purchases. If your store will be engaging then it will help you to get conversions and sales. For that, give loyalty points to your customers for newsletter signup, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store. This will entice your customers and will make your visitors to perform an action on your store. You can send the visitor an email, push notification in real-time without losing any customers. This kind of integration will help you to trap each and every customer and will retain them by bringing them back to the store. 

- Add web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Thank you !

Your feedback is something we had not looked at, so this is something I've added to my to do list.  I will look at the app you've suggested.  

Stay safe,

Kim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Thank you!   

I value all of your suggestions, we are probably missing out on so many sales.  I will also consider the app you suggested.  Baby steps for me as this is all a huge learning curve. 

Kim

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
790 17 223

Hi @Kpizzolato !

Add clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well. 

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Thank you 

I guess I need to hire someone as this is all so valuable but I don't have the tech ability to research and implement.  

I will read about your app

Cheers

Kim

0 Likes