Feedback on Site

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hello,

I'd like to showcase my website and would like any feedback please. Also, if anyone knows how to add in a size guide to each product page, I'd like assistance please.

https://annajevoli.com/ 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Annajoveli,

Well built theme and synchronized elements, you just need a minor brush up to hit the mark. Few key suggestions from my side are:

• All the "footer links" should be vertically aligned for a symmetric approach.
  • Shift all the footer links to the left, while, the newsletter to the right for better footer look.
  • "Trust badges" are the true indicators of site authenticity.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best!
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
344 27 101

Hello  @Annajevoli,

Awesome and clean site! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate:

1. Add detailed product description in product pages. Example: https://annajevoli.com/collections/jackets-coats/products/womens-fur-trimmed-hooded-denim-jacket

2. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

3. Add email id or store address in the Contact Us page for better customer interaction.

4. You can add testimonials on the Home page to make the store look more professional.

5. Add the links in the footer vertically aligned. 

6. A FAQ would be useful!

7. Page not found https://annajevoli.com/collections/mommy-and-me 

8. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.

9. Add filters in collection pages to helps your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 26 results indexed by Google. But your website has 107+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
Thank you I appreciate it. I'm not exactly sure what the flare check is but will have a look.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
Thank you. I appreciate it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
Hello,
I have trust badges already set up on the product pages. Can they not be seen?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
344 27 101

@Annajevoli,

Glad to help you. Wishing you the best with your store :)

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 2 3

Ewwww...

Ok.. now that is out of the way. Take what I tell you with a grain of salt. 

I owned a web design and marketing company for 10 years with a focus on SEO & SEM. I had designers and coders on payroll so I didn't actually have to deal with a lot this stuff first hand....lol. I retired and sold out 10 years ago now and I can tell you the market has changed only about 1000 percent since then.

The very first thing when your page loaded you hit me with 4 popups; A push notification, a sign-up notification, another sign-up notification and a chat box. I can tell you, if had clicked on a link/advert to get to  your site, I would have hit the back button immediately.

The push notification - people are figuring out pretty quickly, they are a HUGE pain because it is a great way to get spammed on your device and a pain to manage them from your device. If you are insisting on using this, figure out how to get people to opt in without a popup - i.e. as part of their account creation page with an opt out inside the account page.

email sign up x 2 - again, people do not like to give their emails out. You've done nothing to gain my trust that you are not going to sell my email or fill my in box up with trash. Configure a signup inside the account page, or just make it an available option on your page.... i.e. " sign up to get discount codes, special offers, and flash sale notifications. Inside the email box, you can have your "Get a 5 Coupon Sent to Your Email" kind of thing. You don't need multiple pop ups for email requests - just way to spammy.

Chat box - you'd be better served having it sit their quietly doing & saying nothing instead of saying "Hi There :) How Can I Help You" (you should probably say how can "We" help you. I will say it is darn creepy that you know my first name having never been to your website and you show it in the box - just one more reason to think - I'm not so sure I want to be here. You can set the chat up to do a single pop-up asking if you can be of assistance on a timed delay when the user has been on a product page for more than how ever long it takes to process the information it typically contains - 20 seconds - 30 seconds and drive on. Do please remove the name - that really is creepy especially to people that value their privacy - which is most of us.

I am not sure what the "After the perfect gift" means. Might be young hip slang, but the link tag had me lost. The whole pink area in a mess.

Main nav - I would make the nav setup an on hover drop down (right now it is an on click action) where you have sub-collections listed. Add your gift card to this navigation group as that is where all your shopping is located.

I would use the pink divider for FAQ, Contact, and About Anna Jevoli and tighten up the link spacing. 

Unless you are a name brand - Tiffany needs no introduction - who are you, what are you about, why should I trust you or spend my money with you.

Your above the fold image is to deep and transitions oddly into the lower half of a bathing suite. Both are dark and gloomy as well, though the subject in the one image looks happy. The fade coloring does a poor job representing the subject. Shopfiy offers free stock photography, you can find some killer happy images in that selection that are well suited for your website. I'd shrink and split the image into two side by side panels with bright cheery, happy images that do not overpower the site. Alternatively, you can use one single panel that auto scrolls.

Your contact page is just a form. "You will receive a response within 24hrs by email." Which is like saying, please don't talk to me. Are you scared of your customers? Add some short happy go lucky paragraph that tells them how excited you are to hear from them. Add a phone number and an actual email address.... i.e. support@yourdomain - you can make it an on click event. There are plenty of ways to get a phone number online that forwards to your cell phone so you don't have to give your actual phone number out. You should also include a mailing address. If you are concerned about people showing up at your home, in states we have what are called "UPS Stores" and other names, where you can rent a box for mail. Use on of those. You need one for returns anyway.

Refunds;

**NO REFUNDS - NO EXCEPTIONS

**WE WILL ISSUE ONLY STORE CREDITS

This is really a bad policy, but I understand that clothing has an exceptionally high return rate. One key for clothing is not offering free shipping, which addresses the buy and try & buy and borrow crowd. When the shipping is not refundable and they have to pay to return shipping, they tend to be much more serious buyers and use a lot more care in picking their size. I have items I sell that are no return, sold as is as well, and I will still take them back. About 98% of my products are 14 day to 30 day return. You might test out a 3 day return policy - from receipt - as I found that worked well on a particular site I was selling on where people were "borrowing" merchandise to wear to events and then returning it. It really solved that problem for me. In the last 7 years of selling online, I've sold over 10,000 items and get about 1 return every 3 months.

Shipping: All orders are processed, verified, and shipped within 5-10 business days from the day you place the order. 

This is an exceptionally long handling time. The industry standard would be 1 to 2 days. I deal in merchandise from 5 dollar books to 2 to 3 thousand dollar jewelry pieces. Fraud is an issue in retail, but it is not 5 to 10 business days worth of issue :) Requiring a phone number at checkout and using google for customer analysis and frankly, shopify monitors it and there are 3rd party apps that can facilitate this stuff. If you are a drop shipper, then you probably should find another vendor that can fulfill orders in a more timely fashion.

Your product pages need some work as well. I have got to actually get back to what I originally came into the forum for so I will let some other speak to the balance of the design issues I saw.

Cheers

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Lmao. Well that was a lot. LOLOL

I will make some adjustments.

Thank you. Grain of salt taken haha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Trust Badges are an essential part of the homepage, which are missing. Though they are present on the product page but still, it will not make much difference to the site authenticity. Placing them on the homepage would be more effective.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes