Feedback on Store - Loading Speed / Poor Conversions

Highlighted
2 0 0

I recently lauched a new store (www.mysurvivalistgear.com)and had been running FB ads for almost a week. I am getting visits but no conversions. My ads link directly to the product pages. I installed the Lucky Orange app to get more info on the visitor activity on my site and I find that a lot of people are not even scrolling down. They are just visiting the product page and leaving. I feel like the loading time of the page may have something to do with it. I tried to use PageSpeed Insights and made some changes (removed some apps, compressed images). My score improved a little but the behaviour of the visitors are more or less similar.

Could anyone tell me if my pages take too long to load? Also what other factors could be contributing to the low conversions.

Here's one of the products I promoted: https://mysurvivalistgear.com/products/watch-me-light-up-rechargeable-windproof-lighter-watch

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
166 0 5

Firdaus greetings to you.

I think you need to have a relook at your brand, as some products don't fit the overall theme of the store for example the zombie shirt? What does that have to do with survivalist gear...? The beard shaper? Also the logo you need to look at the design of it, it sticks out but not in a good way. Wouldn't it be possible to have a design with little thumbnails under the big main product picture on the thumbnails. This would substantialally decrease your load times and still give the client plenty of viewing angles for each product.

If you need any logo or webpage design assistance

Inbox me

devon@neptunedesign.co.za

Or visit us at

www.neptunedesign.co.za

Logo design and web page design email: devon@neptunedesign.co.za or view our portfolio www.neptunedesign.co.za
0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

I'd say that when I enter the site I want to know what you offer straight way so maybe ditch the big intro image and stick products in front of people eyes! Dont ask people to "explore" bring the adventure to them.

I cant see who is behind the brand! Who are you? 

I'd first build a social following and then try and sell to them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for the feedback Devon and Terry.

I agree I need to be more clear in my branding. Putting products in the main page is a great suggestion.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi 

I tried clicking on your link that you provided and it does take quite a bit to load, but it then send you "to site can't be reached."  You should try checking your link and also shorten your link when you promote them. You can do that in shopify-Themes-Navigation-URL Redirects. 

0 Likes