Feedback on Store before Launch - (It's Password Protected Though..)

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hey Guys,

New store coming to launch in the next several weeks and need some feedback/opinions on this. However it's still password protected and not sure if i should be mentioning this here?

Can you let me know the process?

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
445 48 97

Hi @leaflab,

Hyde here from Shopify. Good question!

It's absolutely a good idea to be security-minded and to strive to not share sensitive information. That said, sharing your password will only allow access to your storefront, and will not permit visitors to make purchases or checkout. So, many merchants do in fact share their password to their store for feedback.

Here are a few things you can do to further secure your store:

1. Enable 2-step authentication for the Gmail or Email Account (where possible) that the Phishing email was sent to.
* For Gmail accounts you can follow the steps outlined here.
2. Enable 2-step authentication for your Shopify account.
* You can follow the steps outlined here.
3. Scan any devices you use to browse the internet for any malware or viruses, to ensure they are not vulnerable.
4. Update your software, as these updates frequently have security updates which will offer further protection.
5. Update all Shopify apps as these updates frequently have security updates too which will also offer further protection.

I look forward to seeing your store posted here for feedback and am happy to provide some of my own!

All the best, Hyde

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @leaflab,
You could post saying you are looking for feedback and can personally message the store access password to people who volunteer to review your store. 
You can count me in :) Drop me a message with the store URL and early access PW using the message feature in the Shopify community. I would love to check out your store and share my feedback.

Cheers,
Vignesh
ModeMagic

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Install ModeMagic - Product Labels & Badges for your store
Featured on Shopify App Store
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Thank you Vingesh!

I have just sent you a message :)

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Thanks Hyde, I have just sent you a message!

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hey Hyde,

Just checking that you got my message? Did you get a chance to take a look over?

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1174 58 350

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

Yes, it's completely fine to post your store URL + password here, even if your store is not live yet. Feel free to post your URL on the forums or alternatively reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Here are a few guides that might help:

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi Maggie!

Thank you for your response.

Would you be willing to provide feedback if i sent you the login details VIA message?

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1174 58 350

Hi 

Absolutely - also please include your email address and I will email you your video audit shortly. There's a backlog, so the free review should be ready by the end of next week, if that's ok :)

Maggie

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey Scott,

Finally got a chance to go through your store properly. I feel you have done a really good job in terms of setting up the store! A few feedbacks on things you can improve on

1. You can make sure all product images are square
2. Do add some media in the about us section. It'll make it much more appealing
3. I feel you can improve the look of the website a lot if you find better images for your home page slider and collections page header images. Use full-width high-quality images for these.

When we spoke over personal messages, you had shown an example website. I feel you could go for a better theme and add nice wide high-quality banners, you could really elevate your websites look and feel.

I wish you all the best for your new venture!

Cheers,
Vignesh

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Install ModeMagic - Product Labels & Badges for your store
Featured on Shopify App Store
0 Likes