Feedback on Store prior to Launch

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi All.

I would greatly appreciate any overall feedback on my store. We are getting ready to launch next week and I'd love to work anything out before launch. 

www.realmomgear.com Password for access is MomLife123

Thanks in advance! 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
32 2 6
Congrats on your store !! Just saw your product. They all are of good quality .Return policies are an essential feature of any ecommerce website. Your return policy should be clearly visible and well-written or illustrated. Do you know about the application named Descrii, description generator. It generates the description for you within a few milliseconds using AI and Natural Language Generation (NLG). No need to wait for your descriptions. I hope you gonna love it and it will give you much profit, the link is here- https://bit.ly/descrii-premium
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 29 112

Hey there, @mfoley0622

You have a great store here! Love the niche you’ve selected, and it has a start to a great store! Let’s dive into it to see what we can do to make your launch a success!!

Homepage

• Banner: If you’re going to run any launch-day special, make sure you feature it in a banner and link it to your products. 
  • Logo: I like your logo, but the white on light pink makes it hard to read. Is there anything you can do to make it easier to read?
  • Favicon: I would highly recommend adding one.
  • Text block under your hero image: I like your sentiment here and the overall messaging. However, it takes up precious room in the part of your homepage the majority of your visitors will see. I would reduce it to just the headline (“The mom gear you’re looking - in one place”) that is then linked to your About Us page, move it further down the page so that visitors can jump into the collections, or remove it completely. 
  • Overall, once you launch, use a scroll heatmap to see how far people are scrolling down your page. What information are they missing? What information is helping them make the decision to 1) stay on your site, 2) look at your products and 3) buy.
  • Newsletter: Add more value to it. Replace the default text here with something that entices people to want to  join your list. We’re talking about promoting your funny mom-related stories (I know you have ‘em!), a % off discount, etc. Help them decide that they want to get your emails.

Footer

• Returns and Exchanges: Link your email address
  • Privacy Policy: Link the URLs and email address
  • Terms of Service: Link your email address
  • Contact Us: I would move this up to the top of this list. Add in your email address and phone number, and remove the phone number from the form. It’s a common field with a high abandonment rate.  
  • Social media: Open in a new tab rather than the same tab
  • Blog: I would add your blog link here. 
  • Shipping page: I would add something here about shipping, including a cost estimation if you can. 

Navigation

• Use click heatmaps (after launch) to see where people are clicking here. You may be able to take About Us and move it to the footer. Evaluate it as you go. 
  • As you use those heatmaps, you can look at the drop-downs for “Other Goods.” While initially you may think that other moms want Shirts, Bags and then “other,” they may actually want Self Care more than Bags. You’ll see fairly quickly from the clicks what your visitors are interested in.
  • Session recordings, which act like a DVR, will also play a role in your launch. You’ll be able to watch how people engage with your homepage (or any page) and move around your store. If someone runs into an issue, you’ll spot it pretty quickly. 
  • You can also run a poll to help you evaluate your inventory. 

Product Pages
For reference, I’m on the “Mama, Mommy, Mother Shirt” page.

• Get shipping information front and center here. Customers don’t like surprises.
  • Add in reviews! Make sure it’s included in your post-purchase emails. 

I can’t wait for launch day! Your store is almost there, and with a few finishing touches, you’ll be set. Visitor behavior is going to help evaluate it on launch day and beyond to find ways to improve your store, sales and customer experience. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi @LuckyDanny - thanks so much for your feedback - super helpful! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
216 17 83

Hey @mfoley0622,

I checked your store, which looks neat and simple. Aesthetics on point! Let me share you a couple of tips:

1. In your homepage, I would suggest highlighting a few more collections (Featured Product, Best Seller, and New Arrivals) and keeping some testimonials as social proof as well. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.

2. An appealing but simple “Above the fold” web design - I would suggest having a slideshow of banners which can have a good impact on the first impression of your store

3. Footer Menu: The footer is an important part of your website because it is displayed on each page. As per resources, some stores have observed up to a 50% increase in conversions when they optimized their website footer design with specific goals. So it can help in improving credibility to your store, and as a result in conversions by updating your footer menu with following details:

• Website Navigation: The product catalog is broken down into different collections & categories, a simple call-to-action on customer support/forms that try to convert website visitors to newsletter subscribers.
  • FAQ: Answer some of the most common questions customers have related to your products, payment, shipping, return, and refund.
  • Security & Credibility: Showcase your awards, security certificates, and badges to demonstrate to visitors that your website is trustworthy.

4. Build confidence by using social proof: Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.
------> Reviews: Nudging customers to give brief product feedback is the easiest form of social proof. Get more reviews in your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. To know more about how to ask for reviews politely, you can read it here.
------>Add trust badges and trust seals: One of the easiest things you can do to make your e-commerce site more trustworthy is to add trust badges, this will make them feel more comfortable making a purchase. You can read about it here

5. Adding badges (like Sale, Trending, Low In Stock) can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase. Try out ModeMagic, they offer free custom badges, or you can create one in ease.

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 2.05.48 AM.png

6. Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a live chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping. 

7. I recommend you to strengthen your social activity on Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly, and connecting with similar communities as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic. Also getting a social media influencer to promote your merch is also a good way to get high traffic to your store.

Hope these pointers help.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes