Feedback on Store

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Hello. I have a store by the name of swaddled and Coddled and we sell swaddling blankets. I’m getting traffic but no conversions. I’m looking for someone to take a look at my store and give me some suggestions as to what they think may be the cause. Honesty is best! Thank you! My website is www.swaddledandcoddled.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

You have a great looking store and a clean and easy on the eyes brand. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. Here are some ways to make the store better:

Homepage Feedback

1. Got a popup on the store right away....delay that by 60 second to let people look around the store

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them on the homepage

3. I would add your shipping and refund/return links to your footer

4. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site

5. The small circle with pricing can be hard to read. I would change how you display pricing /product

Product Page Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is where you sell your product and convince someone to buy. This will hep you stand out and help SEO too

2. Add your shipping and return/refund policy to all product pages. This is something that all buyers look for

3. Add a section for customer reviews as you get them

4. I would add a section of most viewed/bought products to the bottom of every product page. You want to keep people on your site as long as possible

5. Try to add more product images to show off how parents would use it with their kids. You are selling a lifestyle as much as the product. The images on your homepage are good examples of what you could use on product pages too

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1013 44 123

Hello,

We have a nice store. Hope the following suggestion will help you.

To increase sale you should try facebook store, Instagram store and Google Shopping Ads

Store improvement tips:

• Add Instagram feed at home page
  • Use your own logo to make your brand
  • Design can be improved (use the latest trend)
  • Add blog section and more

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer
Get Free Store Audit Report
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

You are focusing on one niche, which is excellent - it’s much more profitable and effective, which is excellent. I love the sliding images in the header area, although some of them with busy background can make your logo and top navigation almost disappear:

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 05.23.01.png

Consider using bolder text for your top navigation so it can stand out and be easy to find for your visitors. Otherwise your customers might have difficulty navigation your store, which might affect your conversion rate.

I love the sweet product images and that visitors can clearly see the design on each blanket. I noticed that all of your items are on sale - I’d recommend running a sale for only 10% of your stock at a time - otherwise the discounts don’t feel genuine and people might not feel they get a real deal.

Meta titles - make sure that your product and pages meta titles are more SEO friendly - these are the values as seen by Google and they are also visible in your browser window:

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 05.30.43.png

It's best to make them more detailed, like "Swaddling Blanket 100% Muslin Cotton Aztec Design", that gives Google more info as to which search results to place your listing. "Aztec" doesn't display all this key information and can affect where you rank in Google.

Consider removing ‘Buy it Now’ button from the product page and leave only ‘Add to Cart’:

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 05.30.57.png

Having both buttons displayed at the same time can create unnecessary confusion for shoppers [“Which should I click?”] which can also affect your conversion rate.

Consider adding related items section to your product page as well - it will help you improve the average order value through cross-selling and also make people browse more items in your store. See how to cross-sell with related items: https://apps.shopify.com/cross-sell

About us page - you add an authentic story as to what inspired you to start this business, which builds a rapport and connection with your prospective customers. It’s authentic content, excellent. Consider also making this page more accessible by adding more paragraph breaks - ideally every 2-3 lines. Also add few H tags [heading tags] between few paragraphs as well. This will break up the lengthy text, which will make this page more readable and more user-friendly in terms of SEO.

FAQ page - you cover the shipping and return policy here, and it would be advisable to have these also on a separate page, easy to find for your shoppers.

The shipping info is especially important for conversion - people love to know how much is the delivery before they start shopping, whether you deliver to their location, can they pick work delivery address, will there need to be someone to sign for the delivery etc. Covering these topics in your policy can reassure your potential customers, it can build trust and make them feel comfortable going ahead and ordering from you. Leaving these questions unanswered can significantly affect your conversion rate.

Return policy - make sure to add this page as well. You can include here info on how long is your policy, how can people return their items, can they return used products, how will you deal with items lost in the post etc. See How to write a returns policy [with examples].

Also make sure to hyperlink your email address for a one-click contact - see how to do it below - or follow the step-by-step instructions here: how to hyperlink email address.

Contact us page - you have a short paragraph here with a CTA and a professional email address; perfect. Consider also using page.contact as a template for this page in your Shopify admin, so the contact form is displayed automatically. This way people can contact you directly from your website.

Newest Arrivals in the top menu links to only 5 products in your collection. Consider also adding a Shop link here to your full collection, so people can access it from any page on your website. This will help you improve your website navigation and conversion rate, as your visitors will be able to view all products and shop.

Blog - consider blogging regularly - it can help you keep your website fresh with new content [and will make Google bots crawl your website more frequently], which will help you build your Google rank. Blog is also a great way to bring more relevant traffic from the search engines - websites with more written content [articles] tend to outperform websites with no blog in the search results, and therefore get more traffic.

Instagram - make sure to open the icon on your website in a new tab, so you don’t lose the valuable traffic. Please check this helpful guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser

You have a really beautiful logo on your Instagram profile - consider using it as the main logo on your website - it’s a big part of your branding, and it suits your site really well.

Your SEO score is 48/100

Your Google snippet [meta title and description] is great, although you would benefit from more defined, longer meta description with stronger CTA:

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 05.52.38.png

Your meta title mentions “Swaddled and Coddled” which is the name of your brand only - consider adding an incentive here too to ignite attention and prompt people to click your listing. Meta description is too short. Make good use of the full allowance [160 characters] to make your listing stand out with an offer and call to action.

This snippet is very important, and it’s worth spending more time optimizing it. It’s often the first interaction with a potential new customer, as this snippet is displayed in Google search results. Make sure it’s inviting and irresistible so people click your listing once they see it. Otherwise Google might drop it as non-relevant to the search results, which will affect your traffic and SEO. Let me know if you’d need help writing irresistible, well converting Google snippets for your websit....

Your content analysis could be more defined - your most often used words are “price, save, sale, cart”, which are not very specific for Google:

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 05.57.40.png

Consider working on your keyword density, so Google knows your content is related to baby swaddling blankets.

The best way to do that is to keep adding fresh written content on a regular basis - through blogging. You can write about the benefits of muslin cotton swaddling blanket, how to care for them and how to pick the right one for sensitive skin. It will also create additional traffic sources, as people will be able to find this content on Google and read the posts on your website.

Image alt tags - make sure to add longer and more descriptive SEO friendly alt tags to each new image you upload:

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 06.06.22.png

That’s a great way to improve your SEO [Google will be able to understand wht each image represents] and make your website more accessible for the users who browse with images switched off.

You have no backlinks yet. 

Backlinks are important when marketing your website, although they are often overlooked. Backlinks are powerful, as they are permanent - they won’t disappear from view, like a social media post, after few days or weeks. Once created, a backlink works in the background on your website rank. While you won’t see the results right away, with the right backlink strategy, your website can climb the Google search results. The higher it gets in the results, the more people click on it and visit your store. Therefore backlinks are also a great source of relevant, organic and permanent traffic.

If you liked this website critique, and would like to request a review of your own store, please click here now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify SEO expert

Rock Paper Copy

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know :)

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
222 17 64

Hey there,

First thing I noticed is that your banner at the top of the site leads nowherebanner issue.png

Not sure if it is affecting sales (probably does a bit, if the user clicks on it), but just noticed :D

"New Arrivals" section looks little unorganized in my opinion.

Also, according to your Instagram posts, your photos look lovely, but on the website, it feels a little pale. 

Moreover, do you think that purple color works best for you? Maybe at least use the pastel version of purple color.

Lastly, I feel like if you will have more photos of kids in swaddling blankets on the product pages or on collections pages it will help, too

kids blanket.png

Hope it was helpful

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Wow all of this feed back is EXTREMELY helpful!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to view my site and putting as much thought as you did into breaking it down and explaining bit by bit. I will get to work now! Thank you!!!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Thank you so much! Your feedback is much appreciated!
0 Likes