Feedback on Store

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hello everyone,

I setup a few ads via Facebook and have had 15x people today go to cart but for some reason, they don't follow through. I'm getting paranoid now thinking that.....my payment system isn't working or something! I checked several times under settings and all looks good.

Any experienced people kindly tell me what may cause a customer to just back out at the last second? I am really confused and don't know what else to do.

https://www.custompet.net/

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Not sure if it's technically an issue. It offers the price in Euros at the checkout page after showing me everything in USD. So the price changes between the 2 pages. Just some notes for you, will add more if I see anything 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
427 49 92

Hey, @Gmarotta!

Lizzy here, from Shopify.

I've taken a look over your store, and my first reaction is to agree with @Onus. Seeing one currency throughout the store and then needing to checkout in another will sometimes put customers off, as they become unsure about the price they will be paying after conversions, or would prefer to stay away from purchasing in a currency other than their own. Do you mind if I ask which payment gateway you're using? If you're using Shopify Payments, you'll be able to offer Multi Currency checkout options. With this, customers will be able to checkout in the currency they prefer! 

You can read more about that here!

I did test out your checkout and wasn't able to see any major issues with it, I also love that you're offering free shipping! That will help to reduce friction at the checkout. High shipping costs are a common reason for people not to check out as well. Basically anything that comes across as a surprise or a roadblock during their checkout will put people off. Also, customers often abandoned their carts the first time visiting a store, so don't let this discourage you! It's fantastic that you've already been getting some traffic.

How are you handling your abandoned carts so far? Are you sending out recovery emails using the automated Shopify feature? You can check if this is set up under Settings>Checkout. You can also take a look at your abadoned cart email template under Settings>Notifications to make sure that the email represents your brand and covers everything you'd like to share! This blog post here has some examples of impactful abandoned cart emails that you can draw from to create your own! 

The final thing I did want to mention is that some of the font during your checkout appears to be white on a white background, so some things are a little hard to see. I suggest going to Settings>Checkout to take a look at the colours and design you have set up, just to make sure everything looks as you would like it to!

Feel free to continue our conversation here.

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
998 49 148

Hey @Gmarotta,

I agree with what @Onus has mentioned about the change in currency while checkout. You need to fix it. That's might be the reason the customers are not proceeding further. 

And to bring those customers back to your store who haven't proceeded further you can send them an email after fixing this. Also, to win those customers back you can give them rewards so that you won't lose those customers.

For this, add a loyalty reward program. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, make a purchase, visiting a store and many more.

This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.

If you would like to implement this you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app. I am sure you will find it useful. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0
Hi Onus and everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. I did notice this changes on checkout as well when I try incognito mode and I don't know how to change it!
I went on my payment methods Shopify Provides and added GBP, USD and Euro and it hasn't changed anything.
I already made a purchase last week in GBP.....could this by the cause of me not being able to change it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0
I do use Shopify Payments and PayPal Express but don't know where to correct this mistake.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
253 24 101

Hi @Gmarotta 

1) When it comes to single-item stores it might be challenging driving traffic and have sales because the market for that product might not be too big. That is why, I advise to work partnership with other companies that sell complimentary products or services.

2) The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand on it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving discount for nothing, give them as rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

For adding the function above you can use   Growave.

We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instgagram, Discounts etc. 

There is a free plan available also, we are offering an extended trial on the COVID-19 period. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1472 93 321

Hey Custom Pet,
"Shopping cart abandonment is one of the fiercest enemies in the e-commerce battle". You need to watch the overall presentation and layout of your store in order to fight against this issue. Here are some of my tips for store optimization thus, helping you in preventing "cart abandonment":

1. The "search bar" is not enabled in the store theme and hence, is missing from the homepage as well.
  2. Shift the "header menu" to the center in order to avoid unequal space distribution on its top right side.
  3. Improve the "About Us" section by adding some images to make it more "expressive".
  4. Desire your information to be more secure, "Login" account is an efficient solution and it helps in keeping a track of your order details as well.
  5. Place the "Login button" beside the "cart and currency converter" when added for ease for "customer access".
  6. Add "Shoppay" to the payment methods to provide alternate payment options to customers.
  7. Site legitimacy can be increased by adding "Trust Badges" near the site footer.
  8. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  9. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  10. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

I hope the issue gets resolved! May there be showers of sales and conversions.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thank you all for the feedback and insight.

I have checked my Shopify Payments and added multi-currency options to avoid hesitation and confusion to the consumer. I am still getting abandonment at the checkout though which I just can't comprehend!

I do have an abandoned checkout message added which reminds the customer after 6hrs of their cart being left behind.

I will have a look at all your suggestions and test each out to see if anything helps my conversions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

WARNING TO ALL

After spending hours trying to figure out why my store still couldn't convert, I found out that this so called Shopify "Expert" on this form named - Daramaxwell who helped redo the look to my site removed my Shopify Partner status and switched my payment process to development store testing..... I lost A LOT of customers because of his actions.

DO NOT ACCEPT HIS SERVICES!

0 Likes