Feedback on Sustainableglam.com

SustainableGlam
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi all, would love feedback on my store please sustainableglam.com . We just launched last week.

Much appreciated,

Javier

Store sustainableglam.com

IG | FB @SustainableGlam

AirshipRebekah
2 0 2

Overall your website felt very well put together. The main thing I thought was lacking, was photos of how the product effects hair. It feels more like a packaging company then a hair care product company with so much emphasis on the sustainability, the product itself got lost. Hope this helps!

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hi @SustainableGlam!

Congrats on the launch! It looks like a lot of hard work has been put into the store. Let’s see what we can do to make it even better.

First, three things:

• Add a favicon
  • Who are your customers and what do they want from a hair product? I would run a poll to ask them. The reason is that your hero image has a lot of text on it. At this stage in their journey, you may not need “Sustainable and Recyclable Bottles Made from Sugarcane” or the list of what it doesn’t include. You may find out that for them it’s not as important for it to be cruelty-free or vegan, but they do want a product that cleans their hair with sustainable products. That poll can really help refine your messaging and better target your audience’s needs. 
  • Make sure your social media links open in a new tab.

Navigation: I would use heatmaps to see where people are clicking. Are there menu items you can keep on the footer instead of the main navigation? 

Contact: Link your email address! Don’t forget to include a live chat on your site so that people can ask you questions and get your answers while they’re on your site.

Homepage: In general, edit down the text. For example, your Certified Organic Active Ingredients has a lot of information here. Check session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, and heatmaps to see if anyone is engaging with these wordy features. I know you have a lot of things to say, but this is a good time to get someone interested in learning more to click a link for a better description on a separate page.

Also, the scent pyramid is skewed a bit. It looks like it was stretched to fit the space. Just fix the dimensions and keep it on the white background..  

My biggest concern on your homepage is this mention of seven other websites. You mention 15in1 earlier on the page, but you’re not clear on how that fits in with the Sustainable Glam brand.
SustainableGlam.png

I would remove that section, especially since you don’t give any explanation of how they relate to your brand. 

Footer: Add in some value to entice people to subscribe to your newsletter. Right now, people won’t have any reason to sign up. Give it to them - explain what they’ll get, how often they’ll receive it, etc. 

Ingredients page: Take out the image of the bottle. It feels repetitive when you see the same picture on the homepage, the product page and the ingredients page. I would just right into the ingredients or explain how they are sourced and sustainable. 

Product page: Add in the shipping information, especially that it’s free for the US-based orders. For international orders, give them a cost to expect for shipping. That shouldn’t be left only in the checkout.

A few other things:

• “Mode of use” doesn’t sound right. Maybe try “How to use” or “directions” or something like that? I like that you have this information though. 
  • Don’t confine the reviews to the second column. Stretch it out across the page. It’s going to look better on desktop and reduce the excess white space.
  • Question: Why do you include the “Report as inappropriate” button for reviews? I would take that off. Is this a problem you’ve had in the past?
  • Again, use live chat. Set up auto invites to trigger when someone spends 60+ seconds on the page without adding a product to the cart. That will help engage your customers when they may have a question.

Overall, you’re headed in the right direction! Visitor behavior is really going to help you see what’s stopping more people from converting. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
SustainableGlam
Tourist
7 0 1

Danny:

Thank you so much for the awesome and detailed feedback, much appreciated!! , I will go one by one in detail and start adjusting. 

Thank you,

Javier

sustainablegam.com

0 Likes
SustainableGlam
Tourist
7 0 1

Rebekah:

Agree, we will definitely add photos about the benefits and how each ingredient helps hair, so that the product stand out more than the sustainable packaging.  Excellent point!!

Thank you,

Javier

sustainableglam.com

0 Likes
SustainableGlam
Tourist
7 0 1

Already made several changes suggested. Thank you!

Let me know if anyone else have any other suggestions.

regards,

Javier

Sustainableglam.com

0 Likes

Hi Javier

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's disorganized right now. Having a video can work at the top of your homepage but right now the cover image is not appealing. It does not draw me in and make me want to watch the video. Work on the font and text size, colours and what you leave bolded. It's kind of all over the place right now.

2. I would remove the FAQ and contact links in the main navigation. You already have them in the footer. You don't need them in both places

3. The big overall theme and feedback I have is work with a designer to use a better layout and structure your for pages. Your ingredients page is a perfect example of a page that with a few tweaks can go from average to an amazing looking page that sells people on buying the product. Also this page should feature a link to your product page, so people can click it and go buy the product.

Product Page  Feedback

1. I would redesign the layout of your product page and not have tons of empty white space below your product images. Since you only sell one product, try to keep your product page layout simple and easy to read.

2. I would add product images of people using the product and looking happy/satisfied

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search. Maybe even tweak the layout and format of the product description too. The way words are bolded right now does not work

4. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

5. Maybe you can look at making a travel size version of the product to give people something else to buy. We won't be able to use it right now but it could be a great product to launch when people start traveling again in a year

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
SustainableGlam
Tourist
7 0 1

Duane:

Thank you so much for the feedback, already implemented some of your suggestions.

Thank You!

Javier 

0 Likes
SustainableGlam
Tourist
7 0 1

Let me know if anyone else have any other suggestions to improve. So far all of them have been awesome and sometimes you are so overwhelmed that you overlook some obvious ones. So appreciate everyone that has given feedback, I will be taking a  look at your sites as well as time permits.

Thanks,

Javier

0 Likes