Feedback on a freshly launched store please!

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi,

I just launched my store over the weekend and would love some feedback please!  No sales yet but I haven’t expected it because I just started getting the word out today (through messaging my personal fb friends and asking them to share the info).  I would love any input or advice I can get.

www.canvasswapdesigns.com 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi.

1) I think your nav takes way to much vertical space due to the large logo.  Logo branding is important but it takes far to much space.  You could start with a large logo, but as you move your mouse it should re-size down (It may take some custom developemtn), or you can just make it smaller.

2) On the order screen you have lots of drop downs, but no real choices.. I would remove all this and simplify.  If you feel like the page is empty without the choices, add some Key Selling points to reinforce your differentiation.

3) Overall I think you still need a cleaner design.  I think you could make the site a bit more punchy with some contracts / font size changes.  ALso, some pages stick you.. For example About Us, does not look professional. 

4) Your "Seasons Change" / "Your Decor too" takes a while to swtich and leaves the user unsure what you are saying.  Perhaps speed up the rotation?

If you need more help we are available at www.bumblefield.com (we're a small company advertising agency).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Hi Laura,

Your website looks fantastic, especially considering you have just launched. All elements are there, the navigation is user-friendly, you have uber-enticing tagline in your sliding images and bombtastic About us page :) I absolutely love how you build a rapport and tie it together with promoting your items - masterclass. I would only suggest adding more content covering 'How-it-works'. People new to your product would need more reassurance how the product is created, what they need to do to get started and how the process works - explained in plain and simple terms, like A-B-C. Something like this will work great [just replaced with more relevant icons/text]:

This will convey more trust and make people more comfortable placing an order. Hope it helps,

Maggie

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1802 30 198

Hello,

I just had look into your store, It's looking great!!
I suggest you can add your store blog, A blog is meant to generate awareness about you and your brand. It's best used as a tool to establish authority and make people trust you.
And you can promote your store on social media like Facebook and Instagram, It helps to increasing of your store sales.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 18 150

Hey, Laura!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify. 

Your store looks great! I love the clean simplicity of it. Most of all, I love the images. Images can make or break a store and since your product is so visual, it's even more important than usual. 

Your About Us page is wonderful and well written. It really sucked me in!

I feel your product is unique (I've definitely never seen the same concept) and there is a gap in the market for it. When you're working on your marketing, you could target fans of Mixtiles, Social Print Studio, CanvasPop and Shutterfly among others. Do you already have a plan on how you'd target your ads?

I'm not completely sold on the yellow text over the slider:

I would recommend you play around with the colour there to find something that is more comfortable to read. 

Make sure you have a shipping page. I found the information regarding your location when I was browsing the store but it's useful to have all of that information on an easy to find page. Where are the products shipping from? How much does it cost without a discount code? Where do you ship to? How long does it take? What method do you use?

It's great that you have a Contact Us page. Make sure when people do reach out, they get a prompt response. Customers don't order from companies who don't communicate with them quickly. The Facebook Messenger Channel is a great tool for easily communicating via phone when you're out and about. We also have other instant messaging options in our app store

Create social media pages for your business if you haven't already. You can add the links to your footer by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Media in your admin. Instagram is vital for a business like yours. I'd also use Facebook and Pinterest. You need to build your Social Media following. It will make your business look more professional and it will give you an audience to market your products to.

Sign up for our Shopify Academy. We offer free business courses run by successful store owners. Our Instagram Marketing course is launching this week, which I'm really excited about!

Let me know what ideas you have for your marketing so that I can help. 

I wish you all the best with your new business! It's an exciting product and I can't wait to follow your Instagram page. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify 

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Shem,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my site and respond - I appreciate your advice and will work on implementing many of your suggestions!

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Maggie,

Thanks so much for your input on the site! I love your idea for simplifying and better conveying "How it Works" - adding that to my to-do list :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Aria,

Thank you for your detailed feedback!  What an excellent idea to target fans of Mixtiles, Social Print Studio, CanvasPop and Shutterfly...do you have any insight as to how I could target them? What would be an appropriate and effective way to reach them specifically?

I agree on the yellow text - it was definitely a sticky point for me in creating the site.  I changed the color many times and finally "settled" on that but maybe I'll revisit it :)  I'll definitely work on detailing the shipping info also.  Good point!

I haven't even started on social media accounts for the business yet - it's felt like a daunting task as I'm not a huge social media user myself, but your right and it's the next large item on my list to tackle (And you mentioned that as well Appfreaker, thank you!)  I'll definitely check out the Shopify Academy Instagram Marketing course you mentioned - sounds like it would be a great fit and just what I need.  

As far as my marketing plan, all I've done this far is reach out to some of my personal fb friends with the website link and a Youtube video I created https://youtu.be/puYAA7uLC7g (which I was debating adding to my website as well but haven't yet..do you think it would be appropriate/beneficial to add it to the website?)  On my list for "to-do" is to create a business fb page and Instagram page as you suggested and I'd also like to reach out to influential bloggers for home decorating. And I'd love to reach out to fans of CanvasPop and Shutterfly etc. like you mentioned but I'm not quite sure how to do that...Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 18 150

Hey, Laura!

Aria here.

There are different ways you can target those fans of other photography related products. First of all, I'd make a list of as many popular ones as you can. This will give you a wide range of people to target. I gave you some examples, you can use Google and Instagram to find more. Let's use Mixtiles as an example for now because their product is funky and unique like yours. You can find their Instagram page here. Pay attention to how they set up their page as it will give you great ideas on how to do yours. 

They don't use many hashtags in their images which is unusual. Most companies will use more to increase their chances of being found. You can use up to 30. If you do use a higher number, put them in the second comment and not the first. The second comment disappears when others start commenting on the photo. 

I like the fact they have the specific hashtag, #mixtilesinspo. They are using it as a tag on their customer's photo's to show them in use. It would be a great idea for you to create a similar tag for your products. 

You can target people using Facebook ads. When you create the ad, you can set it up so that it will only be seen by fans of certain Facebook pages, such as the Mixtiles page, etc. Run a like campaign before you do anything else. You want to get at least 100 likes on your page before you run any other type of ad. Check out our free app, Kit which is like your own virtual marketing assistant. Kit can create your ads for you and can even target them effectively. We have a Kit webinar you can sign up for to see how it all works. There's a recorded version, just in case, the timeslots don't work for you. If you sign up for the live version, you'll have the opportunity to ask questions. It's free of course. Kit can run Instagram ads as well as Facebook ads. Both options run off your Facebook ad account. You can use Instagram to target people for free as well. Basically, what you'd do is go to a page such as Mixtiles or Shutterfly then click on Followers at the top. This will bring up a huge list of the people following the page. You then click through to individual profiles and engage with them. This could be a simple like on their photo's or you can leave a comment. Often they will then click through to your profile and the potential is there for them to follow you. I'd avoid using a bot to do this for you as Instagram have shut down accounts for that reason but consider doing this for an hour or so per day to gradually grow your following. When people comment on your photo's, make sure you reply. Engagement is everything, you want to build a community. You will learn so much more if you do the Instagram course I mentioned on Shopify Academy. It's actually quite fun when you get into it. 

I think embedding the video on your website is a great idea. If you're not sure how to do that, you will find information in our Theme Guides. You can use the slideshow to display a video and there are other options. 

Using micro-influencers (30,000 or fewer followers) can be a cost-effective part of your marketing strategy. We have some great blog posts to help you get started with that. Some influencers will help you out in exchange for free product. Others want to be paid. Another option is affiliate marketing where you would pay a commission percentage on sales generated by your influencer. 

Keep in touch! I'm excited to see what you end up doing and I'm always happy to help further. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thank you Aria, this is all greatly helpful!! I’ll get to work :) 

0 Likes