Feedback on an artist's website/shop?

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi everyone!  I'm an artist who has just moved my site/ shop over to Shopify.  I am having some trouble making conversions- both sign ups to my mailing list (with the current pop up set up - I did a contest giveaway recently and got lots of sign ups, but am not sure if they are people who are legitimately interested in my work yet), and in terms of sales. I would greatly appreciate a critique of my site - JenniferAkkermans.com

I'm curious as to any issues you might see with my site- anything that turns you off, is not clear or might be a potential problem.  Please be honest - I can't fix something I don't know is a problem.

In the hopes that a few people might look it over and tell me where it could use some work, I will go review a couple of other sites in this forum, as a way of putting in some feedback and good vibes to hopefully get some in return. 

Thanks so much!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
253 24 101

Hi Jen, 

I like your art pieces, however, I am afraid the store is not making justice to it. The site does not quite look like you are offering art, it is plain and "cold". I would expect seeing some colors, welcoming atmosphere and high resolution images. Here are some tips of how you can make your site more welcoming and take advantage of your niche

1) Change the default colors of Debut theme and adjust them to your logo color scheme instead. 

2) On the hero banner, I recommend using not only house images, but the clothing prints that you create as well. Make sure the pictures are taken by professionals and are high resolution. 

3) The sign on the Request yours today section is too bulky and does not quite resonate with the art. Go with more delicate words and make accent on the photos instead. 

Also add more functionality to your site by: 

1) 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is a social proof. In my opinion that is an essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well. 

2) Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer. And those will be the ones who are truly interested in your products. 

A better functionality of site along with social engagement can be reached using Growave. It offers Reviews, Rewards, Wishlist, Social Login and 7 more tools all in one platform. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so please let me know by liking this post. 

The best of luck!

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
49 3 14

Hi @JenAkkermans ,

I had quick look at your website and I can see that you have fantastic art collection.

Here are some suggestions that you can consider :

1. Customer testimonials could be added to increase trust among shoppers.

2. Favicon should be present as it makes your website more identical.

3. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app. 

You can read more about our app here. And also see some of our display widgets in action on our demo site.

I hope above points helps :)

Kind regards,

Yusuf | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Jennifer 

When you sell art the site needs to look as good as the art you sell. I can email you an example of a store I did some work on that's doing lots in revenue so you can see the difference and what you need to work on. Shoot me a email below 

https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/pages/contact-clayton

Also happy to send you the most detailed and easy to follow review ever for free. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1472 93 321

Hey Jennifer Akkermans,

The first and the most important step towards "gaining sales" is the store optimization itself. You need to make the following modifications in your store for a more professional and decent store look:

1. "Product photography" must be taken from different angles to help the customer understand the product pretty well.
  2. "Trust Badges" tend to increase site legitimacy.
  3. Want to increase your site popularity! add "New Arrivals" to it and help to keep your customers updated regarding the latest store designs and product updates as well.
  4. "Limited time offers" in the form of coupon codes or promotional discounts would surely enhance customer engagement.
  5. The search landing page is disabled.
  6. The main menu of any ecommerce store should begin with a "Home" button to ensure completeness and logicality.
  7. Testimonials tend to strengthen customer trust and belief.
  8. Decisiveness of the customer can be improved if you add "product reviews" below each item.
  9. Want to highlight "Attractive discounts or Free shipping" offers, try using a unique header template on the header top.
  10. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  11. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here. 
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparqs Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the store advances and progresses in the field of success very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
427 49 92

Hey, Jen!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

First of all, I wanted to say that I love your work. I think the Homage Homes are such a nice idea. I can see how receiving something like that would mean a lot to your customers. Do you often ask them to share on their own social media? A nice thing about having user generated content like that, is that you could then re-post their post and create a cycle for people to find your business.

While making sure that your store is ready for customers is very important, how you are reaching out to those people will have a huge impact as well. The word of mouth type connection you'll create using the idea I shared above is one way to organically develop your audience base. What other strategies are you using to grow your reach?

I noticed that you mentioned email subscriptions. Do you have an email marketing campaign that you use? If that's something you're building at the moment, I suggest going through this course in the Shopify Academy. It's free and full of very useful information in regards to email marketing.

I can see here that you've had several great suggestions of things you could look over for your store! I did take a look at it myself, and the one thing I would suggest taking some time on, is deciding how you want your homepage to be. If this is the link you're sharing for the most part, keep in mind that it will give visitors their first impression of your work. You can reduce the amount of content to focus viewers' attention where you'd like it to go. For example, you could share a product or two that you consider to be your best sellers, as well as a link to your commission request form. Include a brief introductory bio as well, and the section showing the happy customers with their Homage Home.

You don't have to use that specific example, but keeping the homepage dense with high quality content will encourage people to keep looking!

Feel free to answer here to keep the conversation going!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @JenAkkermans ,

Nice site and I love doing feedback when it comes to creators and artists shops.

First impression. Do you really still need the popup after 2 seconds website is loaded? I haven't had a time to discover your masterpiece and need a little bit to understand what you offer. So consider to keep users for a while before pushing the popup right away.

01.jpg

You have the great testimonials from your customers, consider to re-use UGC (User Generated Content) for your Shopify store on the product pages. The way you outlined testimonials on the homepage is good, better if they are also available on the page where customers consider to purchase, i.e. product page.

02.jpg

Shipping is calculated at checkout. Why shipping information is not available at the product page? Usually estimate shipping can be placed right at the product page. I know you have the shipping policy on the separate page, but it might get your merchants go away from your product page.

03.jpg

If you see my feedback valuable please let me know via "Like" on the post.

Have a great weekend,

❤️ Found my answer helpful? Please LIKE or Accept Solutions.
❤️ PageFly - CRO Solution for your Store.
TOP 10 Best Apps in All Apps Category - https://apps.shopify.com/pagefly
0 Likes