Feedback on first store

Jrworld7
2 0 1

https://topnotchtronics.com

Before I start marketing, I would like get some feedback on my store. 

what do you like? what do you don't like?  Anything would help

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Hi Jrworld7!

Welcome to Shopify! It looks like you’ve made a great start to your store. Great job!

A few quick things that stand out:

• Make sure to add in an email address. You have a contact form but always include an email address that’s properly linked. It adds credibility to your store and gives your customers reassurance that if something goes wrong, they can still contact you. 
  • There’s extra code below your footer and repeating payment methods
  • There’s also extra copy above your footer that says, “This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.”
  • For your sliding reviews, is Carolne misspelled? Should it be Caroline? 
  • Adjust the currency based on the shopper’s location. Instead of saying that all prices are in USD, adjust it for shoppers.
  • Add shipping information, including cost estimation. You don’t want to leave that to the checkout page.
  • Tighten up the white space on your header; it has a lot of extra space near the bottom. 
  • Encourage reviews. Invite your customers to leave reviews in the purchase confirmation email and in any post-purchase follow-up. 

There are two things you could really benefit from using:

1. Visitor behavior
  2. Live chat

Visitor behavior gives you a window to see what your shoppers are doing and experiencing on your website. Things like heatmaps (to see where people are clicking) and session recordings (to watch what happened during someone’s visit) help you evaluate ways to improve your website and drive more sales.

For example, your homepage is pretty long. 

1. Use a heatmap to see where people are scrolling and clicking. Are they making it to the bottom of your homepage? Are they going to your product categories instead? Consider your visitors’ behavior as you evaluate shortening your page and removing/adding elements. 
  2. Watch recordings of people as they move around your website. Compare recordings of people who made a purchase versus recordings of those who didn’t. How did they navigate through your site differently?
  3. Check heatmaps to see which menu bar items are clicked on the most or never clicked. You may find that you can move your FAQs to the footer or consolidate collections. 

Live chat will help you answer questions while people are still on your site. Let’s say I’m shopping for headphones but have a question. Right now, my only option would be to fill in your contact form and wait. I’m not going to stay on your website while I’m waiting though. Live chat lets you answer those questions directly.

You can also use auto invites, which let you set up a chat invite to automatically trigger when certain criteria are met. For example, you could set it up to ask someone to chat if they added a product to their cart but didn’t checkout for 60 seconds. By doing that, you answer the questions that could be stopping them from making the purchase. 

I know it sounds like a lot, but visitor behavior and chat make a huge difference for e-commerce stores like yours. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, recordings, chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

Good luck, Jrworld7! I can’t wait to see how your store grows and evolves. Be sure to update us with your progress!

Cheers -

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Jrworld7
2 0 1
Thanks for the feedback and the recommendations.
0 Likes
Oakleafinfoway
Shopify Partner
269 5 18

Hey,
Greetings from Oakleaf
I have just glanced through your store and I like the cool colors that you have chosen.

Below are some suggestions.
1. Your header is taking more space although it is a sticky header and due to more space of it, users might get annoyed while scrolling your page.
2. There is a message showing after your review section
"This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar."
3. The media query is not properly written in the code have a look at your footer there is a block of code is showing.
However, we can help you with all the Shopify related things please visit us at Oakleaf

Thank you,
Oakleaf

Team, Oakleaf Infoway

Email ID: info@oakleafinfoway.com
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2455 142 444

Hello @Jrworld7,

You have done a great job! You need to focus more on customer engagement. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like visiting your store, signing up, follow or share on social media, allowing for push notifications, reviews and many more. This will entice your customers and help you to get more email subscribers, push subscribers, collect more reviews. They will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points which will double the sales and retention.

Start a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.

To implement these marketing tools on your store to increase conversions you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app.  Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes