I'm Aria, a Social Care guru at Shopify.
Congratulations on opening your new store. I'm happy to take a look at it for you and suggest some improvements.
First of all, I recommend you remove this popup:
There is no obvious way to close it. It will frustrate your customers and most likely reduce your chance of receiving orders. Popups should be user friendly, easy to close and there should be an incentive for the customer to use it, such as entering their email address or following you on social media to be the first to hear your news or perhaps to receive a discount. Exit popups are great because they don't disturb your customers browsing experience and they may be more willing to join your mailing list as they leave if they enjoyed browsing your store. Poptin is a good option, they have a free plan available.
Your logo is small and difficult to see here:
Make sure you do a thorough grammar and spelling check on your store. Your About Us page should have spaces between the paragraphs.
It looks like you're using the default template for your Refund Policy. It mentions products you don't sell. It's important to make this policy relevant to your particular business.
Most of your images look good but some of them are looking a little blurry and pixelated on desktop:
Your store will flow better if you ensure your product images are a uniform size. This guide explains more about image best practises.
I love the fact you have a contact form for customers to email you without opening their email account. If you can put a mailing address or physical address on this page, it will help increase trust in your store. It's also worth pointing out your customers can reach out to you on Facebook Messenger, just in case they don't notice that icon:
When customers visit your store, you want to make sure they can easily remember about you and come back in future. Invite them to follow you on your social media pages. You can add your social media links to the footer of your website by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Media. You don't need to be on every social media platform, I tend to think 2 is a good number to start with. You can use your business Facebook page and perhaps Instagram. Be available where your customers are likely to be.
You can find more tips on creating a professional, trustworthy looking store in this guide.
What sort of plans do you have for your marketing?
Hi @BabeBeeDoll365 !
Welcome to Shopify and congrats on your store!
1. Add a favicon
2. Hero banner - use the images that will represent your brand and resonate with it. Use clear CTA.
3. You need to work on the organization of your products - your product page is not organized, make it neat. Divide by collections your products, and organize them. I suggest using the same style images, as it will be good for your branding.
4. You are using one huge image, for the product - it is not good. Use several images for 1 product.
5. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
6. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.
7. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.
One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.
If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.
That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.
8. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
9. There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop.
10. Homepage designs guide your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
11. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
12. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
13. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
14. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hi, @BabeBeeDoll365 welcome to Shopify family,
I hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. You really have a neat and well-maintained store.
After taking a look at your website, I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks.
1. Landing page images are the emotional foundation of landing pages and can help enhance the overall experience by keeping viewers’ attention and decreasing bounce rates. Even more so, good landing page images directly affect the quality score and conversion rates, especially in relation to paid advertisements.
2. The biggest source of organic traffic is search traffic: the traffic you get when a person types a question or a keyword into Google, your blog post comes up in the results, and they click on it.
3. Engaging the audience by writing a blog and promoting it on different social media mediums with good titles with backlinks redirecting them back to your website.
4. Add Free shipping bar on the topmost of your landing page and free shipping is the biggest excitement to customers.
5. A search feature on your homepage will give easy access to customers as more than 50% of users on a landing page head straight to search box to navigate the site. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
6. Provide Clear navigation list out various sections of your site and link to them, this will help visitors with an overall understanding of the content you offer. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description
7. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products
8. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
9. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps!