Feedback on jewelry store

Cearajewelry
2 0 2

Hi,

Me and my brother launched a shopify store about 2 weeks ago. We sell women's jewelry and the URL is: www.cearajewelry.com

We are getting more and more people visiting our site, but not getting that many sales. We have had 2 sales which we are of course happy about, but we would expect at least a few more people at least adding products to the cart and proceeding to the checkout.

We have an Instagram account with almost 180 followers and we get a lot of nice comments about our products and a lot of collaboration requests so people obviously seem to like our products.

Can you guys please give us some feedback on our store? What do you think we should change that could lead to more people getting interested in purchasing our products? Regarding the product photos we will be taking our own photos in a few days. We have a professional photographer helping us so that could potentially help us a little bit.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to your feedback.

/Anton

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3517 281 676

Hi Anton, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great work on your store so far. It looks like you've put a lot of work in and it shows. I noticed there are a few things which you could add/ improve, let's take a look at them below:

• The first thing I noticed was that there was no favicon on your website tab. I know it might seem like a minor detail, but favicons are so much more noticeable nowadays making it more important. Shopify actually has a great guide on how to add a favicon to your store which you can see here
  • Similar to the favicon, I instantly noticed there was no About Us page. An About Us page can be so valuable and gives you the opportunity to tell your story and give the "why" behind Ceara Jewlerry. Shopify has a good blog post which goes into detail about how to write a persuasive About Us page
  • Nice work on your Instagram also. Now is a good time to take your Instagram marketing to the next level. Organic Instagram marketing is a technique which you could consider looking into leveraging. The concept is finding and creating conversations with other Instagram users organically to in turn have them check out your Instagram which will have products and then eventually check out your store. A top Shopify expert did a podcast about this with a successful store owner who implemented this tactic very effectively which you can listen to here

Hope these help and point you in the right direction for best next steps. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi Anton! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

Your products are very stylish and your logo looks very elegant - it reminds me of the Cartier logo. It matches your niche very well.

The sliding images look great - I would also recommend showing your products here, in order to boost a conversion rate. You can display an image of a necklace in the first image and the bracelet in the second image. That will help you engage with your visitors. Consider also adding a more enticing tagline to really grab people’s attention and make them want to click each image to find out more. You can say something like: “Find your style. Shop for a necklace to match your Little Black Dress”. It’s original and grabs attention - it will also be more intriguing for people to click and view your necklaces collection.

For some reason when I reloaded the homepage some of the elements didn’t appear, like the sliding images and the featured products below:

Perhaps it’s my browser [Safari], but it’s worth checking if your site is compatible with all browsers and devices.

Consider SEO optimizing your product titles. You can keep them as single names as you currently have if you wanted to retain this minimalist look:

But, make sure to optimize the meta titles for each product [you can do it in bulk]. It means that the title read by the search engines, and visible in the search results, will be longer, more descriptive and SEO friendly. Meta titles are also displayed in your browser tab:

More SEO friendly meta title, such as “Sterling Silver Necklace with Round Stone” will be much more user-friendly. It will also help you get found in the relevant Google search results [and as a result get more organic traffic], improve your Google rank and also help your customers find the right items when searching within your store.

Consider also writing longer and more detailed product descriptions for each item. Make sure to really sell it to the visitor and help them visualize the benefits and the design. You can tell about the stone color, the clasp, a shade of the metal, design, etc. Great, enticing product descriptions can significantly will help you boost your sales.

About us - you have a great advantage over other dropshipping stores, that you are a family run business. That’s a great trust signal and you should accentuate it more. Consider adding more content to your About Us page telling about yourself, your passion, interests, and what inspired you to open this store. Consider also featuring a photo of you both to build a rapport. This kind of content can also help you improve your conversion rate.

FAQs page has got plenty of information there, which is great. Consider also including info about your returns policy, whether you accept returns and how the process works. That’s also an important trust signal.

Consider blogging regularly - blog is a great way to update your website with fresh, SEO friendly content and get featured in Google searches.

Footer - consider hyperlinking your email address for a 1-click-contact. Learn how to do it now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/blog/email-hyperlink

Social media - your content is absolutely amazing; you post great photos, use relevant hashtags and get great engagement on Instagram, perfect.

SEO score: 47/100

It’s perfectly within norm to have this score as a new website. Consider however working on your SEO from the start.

Your meta title and meta description [homepage] are minimal:

These are the values displayed in the Google search results. Consider optimizing them to stand out from other jewelry websites, and get more traffic. Make sure that your meta title has 50-60 characters, and your meta description 180-300. It’s important to also include a CTA [such as ‘Shop Now’] to encourage people to click the listing and visit your website.

Make sure to optimize the Htags in the right order as well:

Consider also optimizing your content so you rank for your target keywords, such as jewelry, necklaces, bracelets, earrings etc.

Ready to boost sales? If you would like to improve your website, give it more professional look and add necessary content to help you boost conversion rate, invest in your complete website redesign today. Complete website redesign and SEO package takes only 10 days and comes with a keyword research, design makeover, SEO optimization and free 60-minute business consultation with an ecommerce expert. Order your website redesign here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/website-redesign.html

If you liked this website critique, and would like to request a review of your own store, please click here now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critiques.html

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

Myreviewfy
Shopify Partner
315 1 21

Hi There,

Yur store loks really nice. You did a very good job to design your store and you have a very good collection of attractive products. You got very good suggestions above. In addtion to that I have some tips for you.You have given your email id in the footer section which is good but also include your contact number so customers gets impression that they can reach out to you directly and it will build trust on you.

Customer reviews also very helpful to get more sales. Most of the customers want to check the product reviews before purchase. So use any product reviews app.

Thanks,

MyReviewfy.

https://apps.shopify.com/myreviewfy
Cearajewelry
2 0 2

Hi Nick, Maggie and MyReviewfy,

Thank you very much for all your valuable feedback and for your nice words. We really appreciate it.

This really helps us and I am sure this will help us get more customers.

Many thanks :)

Anton

AnnaBijou
Excursionist
37 0 9

Hi Anton

I love the look and products of your store.  This specialized jewelry app https://apps.shopify.com/jewelry-store offers easy ways to connect you to other similar vendors to add more products to your inventory.