Hyde here from Shopify. Well done on getting started on your store!
You've done a superb job, and I love the 80s vibe you've got going with the color scheme and style. You've clearly got great branding instincts. I do have a few suggestions though.
The color theme of your store is pretty important. There’s actually a pretty good discussion about that in this help doc. While keeping it eighties-style is great (and very in vogue right now) you want to be careful that your written content is still legible, especially on small screens like mobiles and tablets:
If people are visiting your store on mobile (and 90% of your potential customers are) then you will want to introduce your brand immediately. Why not try including a section your home page that links to your About Us page?
Have you stumbled across our Tools page yet? It has a lot of resources for a merchant just starting out. The took I think might most help you right now is the free logo maker. It would certainly help your branding to have an immediately identifiable logo!
When I was on your store I noticed you didn't have your favicon set up. This is a really cool feature and it makes the page look a lot more trustworthy and professional. The favicon is the little logo you see in the tabs on your browser.
You can add your own logo to your store in the theme editor by going to Theme settings > Favicon here:
I don't want to overload you with suggestions, but I will also just emphasize the importance of content and your customer's user experience. Here are resources for considering your customer's journey through your store, from the moment they land to the moment they (hopefully) make a purchase:
I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any other questions!
All the best, Hyde.
Hello @Jazzybaby31 ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
I checked your store, which looks good but needs some improvement. Let me share a couple of feedbacks:
1. The homepage looks a bit cluttered right now, I would suggest adding more content on your homepage like Blog, Instagram feed, Best Sellers, New Collection, etc. Keep a separate page called All products and display all your product catalog there. Use a better theme, and maintain uniformity with respect to placement, spacing. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.
2. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar so that customers can quickly browse through your catalog and collections.
3. Revamp your 'About Us' (What Jazzified Accessories Is All About) page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. Read this blog on the potential of About Us page: https://www.shopify.in/blog/how-to-write-an-about-us-page
4. I recommend you to strengthen your social activity on Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly, and connecting with similar communities as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic. Also getting a social media influencer to promote your merch is also a good way to get high traffic to your store.
5. I noticed that the product descriptions are not descriptive, A brief info about the product is required. Why? Because you can use potential keywords in such circumstances that are likely used on search engines. (try out this https://kwfinder.com/ to find phrases that are related to the keyword and also have a high search volume.) This will help increase organic traffic (google)
6. Invite your customers to be part of your community. Also having a blog, getting out articles, and having fresh content once in two weeks will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.
7. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.
8. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can check out a wide range of options/get your custom sticker from the app here.
Hope these feedbacks help.