Feedback on my Fake Tan store

livelycosmetics
1 0 0

Hello all,

We are getting plenty of traffic to our store but a low conversion rate. Please check us out all feedback is highly appreciated.

URL: https://livelycosmetics.co.uk/

Capture.PNG

0 Likes

Hi @livelycosmetics 

It's great that you are getting a good amount of traffic. But since the conversion rate is low, I recommend you check your store analytics and dig deep to find from which source, the conversion is low.

For example: if the low conversion traffic is from ads, check if the content of your ads and landing page is matching. Or if the low conversion traffic is from social, maybe the images or information that are advertised there don't show up on the landing page. 

I've checked your store speed and it's quite good: 92 for desktop & 67 for mobile, so it may be not the reason why your store visitors didn't convert.

While looking at your store, I have some comments as below:

HOME PAGE

- The overall contrast is low: Low contrast = Low user usability => making it hard for visitors to read and navigate inside your store

- Why don't add the shade swatches right at the product image so when the visitor choose one shade, they will see the shade swatches right away and know which one is for them. All images that are the bottle won't be helpful => You can add images the bottle in-use context, for example: a model is holding the bottle on her hand, to help visitors imagine how big the bottle is and how to use them.

PageFly_0-1619487681088.png

- If you want to show the shade at the end of the page, let's add the note of which shade is which and add another Call-to-action button like BUY NOW to remind your store visitors.

PageFly_1-1619487801682.png

- It'd be nice if instead of showing image, you might show video of someone using the products => facilitate visual evaluation by a product demo, it will help increase trust for your store as well 

PageFly_2-1619487941386.png

- No information about refund and return in the footer => visitors aren't feeling safe to buy from you.

PRODUCT PAGE:

- As you didn't add the shade swatches in the product image list, there's no way for your store visitors to see the shade if they click on the button on Homepage's banner and go straight to the product page

FAQ PAGE:

- There's bold statement about 'No returns, refunds or exchanges', it makes me think about how you are going to assure store visitors that it's safe to buying from you and the products are in good quality?

=> My recommendation is to be transparent: mention the fact that you won't accept returns, refunds or exchanges but mention the benefits to buy from you, for example: Free shipping, Support 24/7, Discount for next purchase and make sure those information is display on home page and product page where the purchase happens.

If you are interested in personalize your page even more, check out guide https://pagefly.link/GFHpjUqU 

I hope you've found something useful in my answer, if it is, please give me a 'like'.

Thank you so much in advance and have a great day. Best of luck to you!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.
Survive 2021 with top secrets from e-commerce leaders
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
168 11 60

Hello @livelycosmetics 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

• The first look to your site is your banner. It shows very less of your product. Try designing a banner that shows your product as well as has the aesthetics of a banner. 

If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different or products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3005 173 549

Hello @livelycosmetics, I hope you are doing well! This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

- Add 'Shop' in the header menu.

- Being a single product store add an engaging video of the product. It will help you to attract and engage the traffic coming to your store.

- Add testimonials or review carousel on the homepage.

- Also, for conversions add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

Moreover, what helps you more is to use marketing automation tools that will help in better customer engagement automation. You must set up proper email marketing campaigns, loyalty reward programs, web push notifications, or affiliate programs to increase engagement, to implement this you can install AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes