Feedback on my First Theme

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Everyone,  

I am a full stack developer mostly on React front-end I am very new to Shopify and would like any feedback provided on my first Shopify theme creation.   I have created about 4 sections and 12 snippets. working on debut free theme provided by Shopify,

Thank you   https://themaz.myshopify.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted

You obviously have a decent eye for layout and design, possibly a bit too much in my opinion. That header shows on product pages as well causing me to have to scroll everytime I want to see a product, too much work. The front end seems a bit noisy and complicated with the mulicolored long sale bars over the products. Although I do love the layout of the products there, pretty nice, just think the top sale bar is a little loud and that header is VERY big, maybe a strong message/brand will replace that area, but showing on every page is too much in my opinion. Great start though, I love to see where it goes. My opinion here is strictly on design and theme, if for sales, the store looks boutique and doesn't have a general audience or overall brand, which always seem to be the hard route to go as far as getting sales. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

@SBOfficial wrote:

You obviously have a decent eye for layout and design, possibly a bit too much in my opinion. That header shows on product pages as well causing me to have to scroll everytime I want to see a product, too much work. The front end seems a bit noisy and complicated with the mulicolored long sale bars over the products. Although I do love the layout of the products there, pretty nice, just think the top sale bar is a little loud and that header is VERY big, maybe a strong message/brand will replace that area, but showing on every page is too much in my opinion. Great start though, I love to see where it goes. My opinion here is strictly on design and theme, if for sales, the store looks boutique and doesn't have a general audience or overall brand, which always seem to be the hard route to go as far as getting sales. 

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thank you for suggestions.

I have made hero Dynamic section again with few changes also made few other changes you suggested.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @akberj 

Few suggestions 

Home Page: Needs to flow better and has way to many products. I'd set it out like this.

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List 
  • Image With Text ( Something Interesting ) 
  • Newsletter Sign Up ( Be Creative ) 
  • Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) 

Footer Menu: Needs all of the below 

• Social Media 
  • Policy ( privacy , terms , shipping , returns , FAQ's ) 
  • About 
  • Contact 

Main Menu: Add the below 

• Blog 
  • Contact 
  • About 

Connection: Build a connection must visitors don't buy straight away 

• Blog 
  • About 

Sale: To many products on sale

Cheers 

Clayton Bates