I would really appreciate if someone could review my store. I am looking for a second eye and just general feedback from others especially those who are not my usual customers. I run an online gift store and even though the gifts are faith related, I also do non faith related items such as personalised gifts.
If you could give feedback in regards to the layout of the website, I would really appreciate that.
Really liked the colours and fonts, thought it went well with the brand.
The slideshow arrow was a bit tricky, the animation makes the arrow come out, but if you overshoot by a little bit it disappears... little bit tricky.
Thought the imagery and the full size images were great.
Hi @NoorahGifts !
Welcome to Shopify!
I like your logo, very simple, and looks nice. I like the mint color of the store.
Your hero banner is too big, and you have too many images in the hero banner slides - it is not so effective, it is better to make one perfect image, that will clearly convey the message about your brand and have a clear CTA.
If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hi @NoorahGifts , this is Richard - CRO expert at PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page builder.
From my experience, I can tell right from the start that your store looks better than average - I also have a few suggestions to make it even better:
1. The Above The Fold section has not done a really good job at convincing me to stay and explore - the Worldwide shipping banner is certainly a catch, however, there are lots of spaces around the logo which ate up the real estate for key messages, convincing Call To Action. I suggest that you reduce the spacing around the logo and the size of your hero image. Then add a clear Call To Action and a succinct message showcasing your Value proposition.
2. Another key element that is missing from your Homepage is Social Proof - it can be reviews of satisfactory customers, trust badges, rating stars, anything that make 1st-time visitors trust your brand. There are a handful of Shopify apps to help you add social proofs and whatnot pretty effortlessly - check out this list.
3. Your collection pages look pretty good - with clear pricing, sharp images and review stars. However, you'd want to tweak the product images' size a bit to make them looks better. Consider adding a secondary hover image that can encourage visitors to browse more!
4. Product pages look pretty to me - my only suggestion is to add more images with different angles. Since prospective buyers can no touch and physically examine the product, images can be a deciding factor in their buying decision. You can check out this guide if you want to really get into the advanced customization of product pages.
I hope you will get some ideas to optimize now. If they are, please like (and mark it as solution).
Have a nice day and best of luck to you!
Just take a look at your store and it looks clean and fresh.
However, here are some of my suggestions for you:
- I think the announcement bar is too thick. You can try to make it thinner. And also, the font you are using makes the texts too hard to read.
- The banners are too big and don't have any CTA buttons and texts. You need to notice that banners need to have meaning and guide your customer to shopping pages.
- You can see the product is not in the middle. The same problem happens in your product pages.
- This part should be moved to the top.
- I see you're having an Instagram account that has many contents, so you can try to show the content by having an Instagram gallery.
Check out this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create one and also make it shoppable.
- I don't see any discount events at your store. Did you try one? If not, I think you need to try one to see how it works.
Hope this helps!