Feedback on my Shop Please

GaryHTX
Tourist
4 0 1

I would like to know what I can do to make my shop better any help would be greatly appreciated.

Broken Knuckle Apparel

Thanks,

Gary

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1001 136 327

Hey @GaryHTX,

Congratulations on launching your store! I've taken a look through and I have a few suggestions.

First, it's obvious that you are passionate about your offer and want to offer the best service possible, this is great and will take you far. That being said, I would take your phone number off of your website - you are opening yourself up to spam/fraud calls. If someone needs to talk to you via phone I'd suggest getting a business phone and call them or email them your number instead of displaying it for everyone.

Next I'll touch on the first impression of your website. When you are choosing colors, fonts, the overall look and feel of your website, you have to put personal preference aside and instead design your website around what would appeal to your target audience. Some of the color choices such as the red font over the dark grey background (in your footer) are really hard on the eyes. If you want to add pops of color, it's best to do it on things like buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. When you start changing background colors and font colors, it quickly becomes too much and starts taking away from where the focus should be - on your products.

screencapture-brokenknuckleapparel-2021-02-18-13_25_10.png

On that same note, your main image for a lot of products has the hoodie/tshirt fading into the background of a photo of a train. Although the effect is cool, it is again, taking away focus from where it should be.

screencapture-brokenknuckleapparel-products-copy-of-bnsf-railroad-logo-unisex-pullover-hoodie-2021-02-18-13_30_00.png

Your navigation menu - I'd pair these links down. Once you start flowing over into a second line, it's too much. You could try and pair similar categories under a dropdown to free up some space. Because you have so many links, I'd also recommend making them into a mega-menu instead of a long vertical line. You can do this without an app, it's just drag and drop, we show you how to do this in our video.

railroad-menu.png

The next thing I'd recommend is uploading your logo. If you are worried about it not showing up properly, you can always put your icon to the left and then add your text to the right. That way it still fills out that space nicely.

The last thing I'll say is POD makes it pretty easy for anyone to make products but the one thing I would caution about is putting time and effort into creating products that people aren't buying. Only you know your sales so if people are buying, that's great, keep going. If they aren't, I'd take a step back and figure out what your target audience wants and then curate your products from there. We did a video on POD, I'll leave it here for you to watch:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Hello @GaryHTX 

We are PageFly Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked the store of yours and I have a few feedback on it, and I hope it helps

1.Banner:

Banner is the first impression of your store. Your banner should be full width to align with other sections of your home pages.

2.CTA Button

It’s such a loss if you don’t have a “Shop now” button on your banner. It urges visitors to make the purchase and a great way to optimize your home page

3.Menu bar

Your menu bar could be shortened to optimize your homepage. You have some essential tabs: Home, Shop.  I would suggest you add some more tabs such as: Contact us, featured collections, FAQ and reduce product categories. That will make your customers to get to know you better and don't feel lost in the bunch of choices. Therefore, their buying journey is much more enjoyable.

4. Sticky header

I would suggest you use ONE sticky header. A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. 

A1.jpg

For this banner part, I would suggest you use a slide show. It will be more informative. 

A2.jpg

5. Featured Products: 

You might lose sale if you don't have CTA for feature products on your home page 

A3.jpg

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder. 

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

PageFly 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3737 214 666

Hello @GaryHTX, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -and here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- I would recommend you to go for a white theme.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
GaryHTX
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you for you very good feedback!!! I am changing things around if you get a chance check out the changes I have made.

0 Likes
GaryHTX
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you for the great feedback! I am taking your advice one question how do you add a CTA to the Best Sellers section on the home page as you suggested I cant seem to figure it out. I did fix the featured listing with a buy now button and would like to add one to my best selling section.

0 Likes